• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 14 |OT| You Don't Own Me

squicken

giphy.gif

@ProFootballTalk
Browns rookie safety Derrick Kindred broke his ankle while working out on bye week, is out for the season

Holy shit, the Browns really did lose on the bye week

0-21 happening

squicken

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Things I did not expect: With one more loss, Chip Kelly's 49ers would be guaranteed a worse record than Jim Tomsula's 49ers.

Gigglepoo

Jon Bois uploaded an awesome Chart Party today. He explains all the different score permutations possible in an NFL game. And if you watch the entire video, you can find out how 6-1 is possible. Seriously, it's nuts.

cdyhybrid

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Things I did not expect: With one more loss, Chip Kelly's 49ers would be guaranteed a worse record than Jim Tomsula's 49ers.
Not surprising. At one point Tomsula had the highest winning percentage in franchise history.

2-0!

He was interim coach for a game after Singletary was given the boot. I think that means he was 2-0.

Also, the 49ers hired Mike Singletary to be their coach. It sucks being a 49ers fan.

Yeah but now you guys have a great coach, just wait until he gets some talent on offense and they build up the defense. 9ers will be good again in no time.

From dating age, I say go for it!!

OK, so here we go again. A buddy of mine hooked me up with his cousin. We hit it off, she's really cool and kinda shy which I like. I've been out with her a few times. There's a problem though. She's looking for a relationship, she told me this, which I'm fine with I guess. Except for that she has two kids. I'm not ready for that, by itself, but the next part is even stupider lol. These kids' father plays for the Steelers, right now. He's also a starter. I don't think I can step of to the plate and perform without embarassing tf out of myself, and then he's gonna be around and if he wants her back she's just gonna leave my piece of shit self so fast. I'm not gonna continue, because I don't want to be a stepdad now regardless, but I figured I'd tell you the story because it's so ridiculous.

squicken

Sam Monson ‏@PFF_Sam
The #Vikings entire rookie draft class has combined for 259 snaps this season so far. SF's DeForest Buckner alone has played 739.

Nothing I have seen from Treadwell makes me think he will ever be a productive NFL player. He's too small to be a not fast WR. Spielman really does not draft offensive players well

I love Mark Eckel so much:

Howie Roseman, not Doug Pederson, should be under fire for Eagles' mess

PHILADELPHIA -- Doug Pederson is an easy target for Eagles' fans frustrated as the championship drought hits 56 years, a playoff win hits eight years and just making the playoffs hits three years.
What did you actually expect from a first-year NFL head coach whose previous head coaching experience was on the high-school level? Yes, Pederson was a position coach and a coordinator under Andy Reid, but being Reid's offensive coordinator is like being vice president: there's not much to do.

Don't blame Pederson for the Eagles' recent failures, blame the people who hired him, namely executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman. If you want to include owner Jeffrey Lurie, that's fine. And throw in consultant Ron Jaworski too.

The Eagles knew what they were getting when they hired Pederson, who wasn't on anyone else's short list, or long list for that matter. One team showed interest in Pederson last offseason, the one that hired him.

When Lurie, at the bequeath of Roseman, fired Chip Kelly, he talked about "emotional intelligence'' and "open hearts''. Basically he was saying "Chip is a mean guy. I want a nice guy.''

Well, you would be hard-pressed to find a nicer man in the NFL than Pederson. So, the Eagles got exactly what they wanted. A nice guy without experience, who is not going to cause any internal trouble, and is going to listen to and do whatever Roseman and Lurie want him to do.

You think Pederson wanted to cut Josh Huff a day after he spoke of showing him love? You think he wanted to start Carson Wentz, at quarterback, from day one when he spent months saying how important it was for him to sit and watch and learn? You think he really wanted to bench Nelson Agholor for a game. All right, the last one might be on him.

This is Roseman's team. It's Roseman's 53-man roster. It's Roseman who spent more money than any other general manager since 2013. It's Roseman who thought Rueben Randle and Chris Givens were the answers to the team's problem at wide receiver. And it's Roseman who has never won a playoff game in his six years as general manager.

Pederson comes up with the offensive schemes, which are pretty good. And who calls the plays, which aren't as bad as people think. Has he made some poor decisions? Sure, as most first-time head coaches, whose experience comes from Calvary Baptist High, would.

He has shown emotional intelligence, however. His heart appears wide open. And isn't that what the Eagles wanted?

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/12/howie_roseman_not_doug_pederson_should_be_under_fi.html

Top Bottom