• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

Hindl

Hey I'm the one saying the Packers should hire Kaepernick!

Realistically, I think it's just the luck of the draw unless there's something truly systemic at fault that they're not doing for our players. Like I don't know how it could be a conditioning issue when somebody's collarbone snaps in half but another guy's doesn't. Same with concussions.

Muscle injuries might be a bit different if guys are getting hurt from overuse and lack adequate nutrition or rest.
I dunno, for all of Chip Kelly's crazy ideas, his sport science stuff actually seems to work. The Eagles have been consistently one of the healthiest teams in the league for 4 years running now. And while you're right, stuff like bone breaks or random non-contact injuries are unavoidable to an extent, a good conditioning and medical staff can go a long way in preventing soft tissue injuries, which are what a lot of NFL injuries are

Sephzilla

Golden Tate might be out for a few weeks. Godgers is out for the year. Vikes QB situation is in a strange state. The Bears are going to win the North.

Tampa Bay is currently scrambling trying to appeal to league officials to re-enter the NFC North

boiled goose

good with gravy
You can't make that hit on Rodgers a flag without basically gifting the game to more mobile quarterbacks.

Nonsense. You can tackle and wrap without slamming down or piling on someone.

Would also benefit pocket passers.

League has to decide if they want big hits or injured stars.

Outside The Lines ✔@OTLonESPN
DEVELOPING: The NFL is going to formally endorse a federal criminal justice reform bill. Per @JimTrotter_NFL

Rvaan

Banned
Hue Jackson is changing his tune about texting Deshaun before the draft again. Now he's saying he texted Deshaun "Be ready. Anything can happen." Before he said he didn't text Deshaun at all.

Fantomex

The Browns are so Bad, they could switch Rosters with the Eagles and lose every game for the remainder of the year. But then again, BG deserves this.

Bronx-Man

Banned
According to FiveThirtyEight, the Niners have the most liberal fanbase in the NFL while Tampa Bay is the most conservative. Cincy is a perfect 50/50.

MechDX

Hue Jackson is changing his tune about texting Deshaun before the draft again. Now he's saying he texted Deshaun "Be ready. Anything can happen." Before he said he didn't text Deshaun at all.

Throwing Sashi under the bus

Desahun flat out said Hue did text him on draft and day with the exact line "be ready" when he was asked about if yesterday during the post game presser

Damn. A cynical attempt to appease Kaep probably, but still.

I don't think it has to do with his lawsuit, if that's what you mean. I think this has been in the works for a while since Goodell met with a lot of players and community groups about the issue. I actually think Goodell is making a good faith effort to respond to players requests and protests on this issue. Obviously he's got a profit motive in mind with this, but it seems like he's actually making an effort to listen to the players on some of this while doing it in a manner that protects NFL interests. He may view it in the light that if the NFL actually does this in good faith it will remove some of the causes players have for the protests and get them to stop.

Of course, there's plenty of reason to be skeptical too.

gutshot

Who is PickleRick in the pickem league? I need to tell 'em that I am gunning for that top spot. The Taco Bell gift card will be mine!

Vixdean

If the NFL were serious about criminal justice reform the first thing they'd do is stop drug testing for weed and allow it in their stadiums.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nice of the NFL to endorse a bill that will never, ever pass.

Also every time I think of Randy Moss I think about that horrible “Get your number 84 jerseys out back home” rap video from back when.

MechDX

DMRjxeUV4AANxrf.jpg:large

I still remember Moss first season, he was straight up embarassing defenders. Especially on teams that passed him up, he made sure they learned how badly they screwed up by not taking him.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 48s48 seconds ago
More
Former #49ers LB NaVorro Bowman is signing a 1-year deal with the #Raiders, source says. That was fast.
Raiders problems solved

Fitts

Raiders problems solved

Can he coach?

Edit: Seriously though, it’s bittersweet. He’s a great get if he stays healthy, but honestly we could contend this year without him. The D, while still shit, is improved enough from last year to support our offense that’s built to score 30+ points a game. The problem is that they aren’t and it has little to do with the personnel we’re fielding.

So while I like the signing, it just feels like it’s more talent wasted this year.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
What's Jackson gonna say? Admit the Browns wanted Watson at pick 12 before the baseball stat guy decided to trade down for the extra picks?

Probably why the Browns are looking for a real football executive now. Watson's success makes it clear that the moneyball approach doesn't work when all you have is a lawyer, a baseball guy and no one who knows anything about football.

He started in the NFL and he cant be worse then the current guys.
I am on board the Hinkie train. We hired a baseball guy, might as well get a basketball guy now

Hue ain't getting another HC chance after 1-31 is complete, so just let him dig his hole deeper in the meantime if he really wants to.
How deep can he go is the question

What's Jackson gonna say? Admit the Browns wanted Watson at pick 12 before the baseball stat guy decided to trade down for the extra picks?
He might as well throw DiPo under the bus.

Top Bottom