• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

Isn't that a reason to clean house? That FO has been there for how long and that's the state of the team? If you lose your star QB your season is over for a playoff run. But it shouldn't mean that your team is automatically trash. That's the state of the colts too and that FO gets routinely mocked for being awful

Are the Packers Colts tier without Rodgers?

You're laying too much at the coach's feet. Talk the GM, Strength and conditioning all you want, but the coach can only coach what he has, and McCarthy's record is pretty damn good. Let's face it, you lose your franchise QB, you're fucked. Should losing a franchise guy to injury be a fireable offense for a coach?

Sephzilla

You're laying too much at the coach's feet. Talk the GM, Strength and conditioning all you want, but the coach can only coach what he has, and McCarthy's record is pretty damn good. Let's face it, you lose your franchise QB, you're fucked. Should losing a franchise guy to injury be a fireable offense for a coach?

If your ability to be a good coach relies on you having a hall of fame quarterback that makes me think that maybe you aren't actually a very good coach.

Hindl

That's the thing. I don't think McCarthy is a good coach. He has a great record but that's because of Aaron Rodgers. I've seen too many Packers games were they could've easily won if they had a better coach, and a lot of games that they only won because Rodgers is so ridiculous. If McCarthy was on any other team without the greatest QB in history, he'd have put together a few decent seasons as a head coach before being let go, bounce around the league for a while, and eventually take up a job as an OC somewhere

If your ability to be a good coach relies on you having a hall of fame quarterback that makes me think that maybe you aren't actually a very good coach.

What coaches are balling out with mediocre QBs?

That's the thing. I don't think McCarthy is a good coach. He has a great record but that's because of Aaron Rodgers. I've seen too many Packers games were they could've easily won if they had a better coach, and a lot of games that they only won because Rodgers is so ridiculous. If McCarthy was on any other team without the greatest QB in history, he'd have put together a few decent seasons as a head coach before being let go, bounce around the league for a while, and eventually take up a job as an OC somewhere

I very much disagree. I think the Packers have had mediocre to poor talent around the team for years now. Yes Rodgers has carried them to wins, but I feel he's the only QB who could do so. Rodgers has covered the warts of this Packers team for quite a few seasons.

Sephzilla

What coaches are balling out with mediocre QBs?

new-england-patriots-v-detroit-lions.jpg

Lost his franchise QB for the year, went 11-5.

Brady suspended 4 games, went 3-1

The Curse of Fitzpatrick

Rams 2005: Jamie Martin hurt so Fitz can play. Team sucks, misses playoffs
Bengals 2008: Palmer hurt so Fitz can play rest of season. Team sucks, misses playoffs
Bills 2009: Trent Edwards hurt so Fitz can play rest of season. Team sucks, misses playoffs
Titans 2013: Locker suffers one of his two major injuries in a row causing him to decide to retire. Fitz plays rest of season. Team sucks, misses playoffs
Texans 2014: BOB names him starter but he sucks and is benched for Mallett. Mallett hurt so Fitz can play. Gets hurt himself, out for season, misses playoffs
Jets 2015: Geno hurt after teammate breaks his jaw so Fitz can play rest of season. Admittedly best year of his career. Still misses playoffs
Jets 2016: Sucks, benched for Geno, who gets hurt very first game and out for season so Fitz can play. Benched again for Bryce Petty, who also gets hurt so Fitz can play. Team sucks, misses playoffs
Bucs 2017: Jameis hurt so Fitz can play. I'll let you fill in the blank regarding Playoffs?

Rvaan

Banned
The Curse of Fitzpatrick

Rams 2005: Jamie Martin hurt so Fitz can play. Team sucks, misses playoffs
Bengals 2008: Palmer hurt so Fitz can play rest of season. Team sucks, misses playoffs
Bills 2009: Trent Edwards hurt so Fitz can play rest of season. Team sucks, misses playoffs
Titans 2013: Locker suffers one of his two major injuries in a row causing him to decide to retire. Fitz plays rest of season. Team sucks, misses playoffs
Texans 2014: BOB names him starter but he sucks and is benched for Mallett. Mallett hurt so Fitz can play. Gets hurt himself, out for season, misses playoffs
Jets 2015: Geno hurt after teammate breaks his jaw so Fitz can play rest of season. Admittedly best year of his career. Still misses playoffs
Jets 2016: Sucks, benched for Geno, who gets hurt very first game and out for season so Fitz can play. Benched again for Bryce Petty, who also gets hurt so Fitz can play. Team sucks, misses playoffs
Bucs 2017: Jameis hurt so Fitz can play. I'll let you fill in the blank regarding Playoffs?
Flacco-esqe run to SB MVP?

Hindl

That's what I was saying though. The Packers are low on talent.

It's nice to talk about the Broncos, but that defense was stacked. Ditto the Rats Super Bowl squad.
If the Packers lose out is it alright to blame that on the injuries? I'm not saying they'll go to the playoffs, but they should at least be competitive and hope to win a few games. Without Rodgers I think this team is going to be consistently blown out and at some point it's not the talent. Shit the Dolphins are 3-2 with Jay Cutler leading them

Valinous

Neo Member
I think the hit on Rodgers should have drawn a flag but I don't think it was a "dirty" hit. I just hope the backlash to the Rodgers injury isn't too extreme. But yeah wienke has a point when you look at some of the good-to-great QBs that were seemingly lost to injuries.

No way it's a flag. He was outside of the pocket and at that point considered a runner. Mobile qbs take that risk. Not dirty at all or deserving a flag.

If the Packers lose out is it alright to blame that on the injuries? I'm not saying they'll go to the playoffs, but they should at least be competitive and hope to win a few games. Without Rodgers I think this team is going to be consistently blown out and at some point it's not the talent. Shit the Dolphins are 3-2 with Jay Cutler leading them

Yall play the Browns Dec 10. If you lose out that requires losing that game, and if you lose that game, I'm on #TeamFireMcCarthy

Slurmer

Banned

So it's like a Rivera/Shula situation.

KaYotiX

Banned
Unrelated to Rodgers, the Packers absolutely need to fire their strength and conditioning coaches this year. At some point all of these injuries have to be reflective of a bigger problem.

I agree and have been wondering WTF is the issue for the last few years. It seems we always have a injury report a mile long.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Hey I’m the one saying the Packers should hire Kaepernick!

I agree and have been wondering WTF is the issue for the last few years. It seems we always have a injury report a mile long.

Realistically, I think it’s just the luck of the draw unless there’s something truly systemic at fault that they’re not doing for our players. Like I don’t know how it could be a conditioning issue when somebody’s collarbone snaps in half but another guy’s doesn’t. Same with concussions.

Muscle injuries might be a bit different if guys are getting hurt from overuse and lack adequate nutrition or rest.

Mindlog

Hey I’m the one saying the Packers should hire Kaepernick!
"Hey, one of my friends is mobile!"
smh
#Bucs QB Jameis Winston suffered an AC joint sprain in his throwing shoulder, source said. It may be something he’ll be able to play through
Just because he could doesn't mean he should. Let's make sure he's healthy before we are forced to give the tank keys over to Fitzmagic.

Vixdean

"Hey, one of my friends is mobile!"
smh

Just because he could doesn't mean he should. Let's make sure he's healthy before we are forced to give the tank keys over to Fitzmagic.

In his throwing shoulder? That's one of those that probably won't be fully healed until next season. Yeah, he can play, but his arm won't be the same.

Sephzilla

Realistically, I think it’s just the luck of the draw unless there’s something truly systemic at fault that they’re not doing for our players. Like I don’t know how it could be a conditioning issue when somebody’s collarbone snaps in half but another guy’s doesn’t. Same with concussions.

Muscle injuries might be a bit different if guys are getting hurt from overuse and lack adequate nutrition or rest.

I don't think it's luck of the draw when we're one of the most injured teams for multiple years going forward. Collarbone snaps and broken ribs are one thing but people leaving the game with muscle issues seems more like a conditioning issue when it's been going on this long.

Top Bottom