• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

Pepiope

We looked at this place. Frankly I wanted to buy, but my wife is a bit more practical. She just got pregnant and is looking for a place with an ideal layout for a nursery, and also an ideal layout so our parents can visit easily, neither of which this place has. It was incredible though.
Ya, that place looks great for the price. I'd image that will only go up over time.

I think my best bet is to get out of the city and save for 5-10 years. Then purchase once I hit my 30s.

cdyhybrid

If Amazon selects Philly for HQ2 maybe we can export some of our homeless relief expertise out there. One of the things that excites me about that proposition is having a sister city in Seattle. I really got to get out there to visit. I've wanted to since the damn 90s, always thought it was a place with great appeal.
If you get HQ2 your new tech libertarian overlords will create your own new homeless problem.

Ya, that place looks great for the price. I'd image that will only go up over time.

I think my best bet is to get out of the city and save for 5-10 years. Then purchase once I hit my 30s.

Eh, there are places you can live in the city and save up. My brother is gonna have a room in his place open up soon cause his roommate is moving out. That room would be like $700 a month with off street parking about five mins from CC.

If you get HQ2 your new tech libertarian overlords will create your own new homeless problem.

Eh I think for most cities that would be true, but Philly is a rust belt town that lost 500k population. We have the infrastructure and space to fit 500k more people with modest investment. That's what the population of Seattle was when Amazon was founded.

RBH

Black dudes?

smh

US tanked to avoid having to travel to Russia. Means we can cheer for Iceland for having that cool clap/chant and Egypt for being the official team of the Olds.
I'll never cheer for evil Iceland!

enhanced-buzz-19213-1352958189-4.jpg

bionic77

We looked at this place. Frankly I wanted to buy, but my wife is a bit more practical. She just got pregnant and is looking for a place with an ideal layout for a nursery, and also an ideal layout so our parents can visit easily, neither of which this place has. It was incredible though.
I sometimes forget how expensive shit is in the city compared to the burbs and sticks.

(Expensive is relative, I know people in NYC and other cities will think that is reasonable).

That said if it has rooftop access I would suggest you put an offer on it. You can always get one of those stair climbers for the parents and kids will grow up sooner than you know it.

Milchjon

I sometimes forget how expensive shit is in the city compared to the burbs and sticks.

(Expensive is relative, I know people in NYC and other cities will think that is reasonable).

That said if it has rooftop access I would suggest you put an offer on it. You can always get one of those stair climbers for the parents and kids will grow up sooner than you know it.

Just how cheap are houses in the US?

I'd assume something comparable to what AWF (Aborted? Fetus?) linked would be like 800k in any of the desirable German cities...

Edit: Sheeeeeit, I was wrong. Something comparable actually runs you in the millions in Hamburg. Holy Fuck

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The owners will be powerless if the league's biggest stars kneel during the anthem. No matter what the owners think, it's still a player's league. No one gives a shit about the Colts now because Luck is injured. Just see what happens to ratings if Rodgers, Dak, Ryan, and Cam are all suspended.

The biggest stars will toe the line. This is where the NFL spending years punishing individuals for trying to stand out will pay off. The only real recognizable stars that people give a shit about are wholesome (mostly white) QBs.

if we could just get one major white star to do it or Dak, Russel Wilson, or Cam. Not a snowballs chance in hell a team is suspending its starting QB and risking losing games.

Hindl

if we could just get one major white star to do it or Dak, Russel Wilson, or Cam. Not a snowballs chance in hell a team is suspending its starting QB and risking losing games.
Cam would get crucified if he did it. Remember the Titans mom that wrote that crazy letter to him in 2015 when he was dabbing and all the other shit? People are waiting to hate on Cam. Dak and Russell would be good options though. Along with Brady, Brees, or Rodgers

gutshot

Whoa, your wife is pregnant? Congrats man! Another Eagles fan coming soon! Prepare for your life to change in a big way.

bionic77

I'd assume something comparable to what AWF (Aborted? Fetus?) linked would be like 800k in any of the desirable German cities...

Edit: Sheeeeeit, I was wrong. Something comparable actually runs you in the millions in Hamburg. Holy Fuck
It all depends on location. You can buy mansions in small towns for under $200,000. You can't even get a parking spot in Manhattan for that.

Changing gears apparently Mario got a ten from edge. I told y'all.

It all depends on location. You can buy mansions in small towns for under $200,000.

My 4 bedroom 2 bath house was 105k. But even in bigger cities like minneapolis/st paul you can get a decent house for under 200 if you dont mind living in the burbs. But midwest housing prices are super low compared to the coasts. Everyone wanting to live in trendy areas = housing prices go through the roof.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
My 4 bedroom 2 bath house was 105k. But even in bigger cities like minneapolis/st paul you can get a decent house for under 200 if you dont mind living in the burbs. But midwest housing prices are super low compared to the coasts. Everyone wanting to live in trendy areas = housing prices go through the roof.

Wow. You can afford a doublewide!? Slo be jealous.

Wow. You can afford a doublewide!? Slo be jealous.

First off, the newer double wides they make are way, way nicer than some stick built homes I've seen. Its actually amazing how nice pre-fab homes are now, it's a world of difference from the tin roof shacks they used to make.

Secondly, this is a standard site-built home in a bigger city in MN, 107k. This would run what, 2-3 million in some areas? More?

Vixdean

Good article on how the Panther's offense got it's groove back the last couple weeks,

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/how-cam-newton-and-the-panthers-got-their-groove-back-on-offense/

I especially like this line, something I've been screaming at the TV for years everytime some dipshit announcer says "the Panthers need to run Cam less to protect him".

Something I tried to point out all offseason was that the Panthers "changing their offense" for Cam made no sense. He doesn't take big hits as a runner. Sometimes he will be hit big, but by and large Newton is pretty good about avoiding contact when moving around on designed runs. The Panthers trying to stick him in the pocket all the time makes it MORE dangerous for Cam.

Nah, no rooftop access, and it's got trinity house style stairs where it's more akin to a damn ladder than stairs so stair climbers aren't really doable. It was a gorgeous place, but more than that the location was insanity. Pull up the street views, it's the most gorgeous area.

Whoa, your wife is pregnant? Congrats man! Another Eagles fan coming soon! Prepare for your life to change in a big way.

Thanks. It's early on so we're not getting ahead of ourselves in case of any complications. Literally only found out like three weeks ago. It's already damn complicated with all of the food restrictions. I do all of the cooking and have to take all these precautions now.

I'm on @TheStoryFNC at 7pm ET-will tell how Roger Goodell cried like little girl when he phoned me abt NFL backlash-I told him "Be a man!"
— Gov. Mike Huckabee (@GovMikeHuckabee) October 10, 2017

Wtf?

I don't know if you considered it either, but that's literally probably the most desirable location in the entire city too. That house is actually a great deal for the price on top of that. Philadelphia is much cheaper than many major cities though. If that place was in Manhattan it would probably be upwards of $2m.

But if you're in the suburbs or some less dense cities you could get it for way less.

bionic77

Nah, no rooftop access, and it's got trinity house style stairs where it's more akin to a damn ladder than stairs so stair climbers aren't really doable. It was a gorgeous place, but more than that the location was insanity. Pull up the street views, it's the most gorgeous area.

Thanks. It's early on so we're not getting ahead of ourselves in case of any complications. Literally only found out like three weeks ago. It's already damn complicated with all of the food restrictions. I do all of the cooking and have to take all these precautions now.
Rooftop access is a big one in 2017.

You were smart to pass.

Rooftop access is a big one in 2017.

You were smart to pass.

Yeah, it has a really nice outdoor patio but it's actually so old that it has a sloped roof which is uncommon in Philly.

We're looking in the $550-700k range and want at least 1400sqft 3b/2ba. We're trying to get in a good school catchment in the city but that's not our largest priority at this point because it'll be years before that actually matters. Off street parking would be a perk too. Unfortunately every place I see that I like costs about $800k, which technically we're pre-approved for on the loan but I don't want to spend that much.

bionic77

Yeah, it has a really nice outdoor patio but it's actually so old that it has a sloped roof which is uncommon in Philly.

We're looking in the $550-700k range and want at least 1400sqft 3b/2ba. We're trying to get in a good school catchment in the city but that's not our largest priority at this point because it'll be years before that actually matters. Off street parking would be a perk too. Unfortunately every place I see that I like costs about $800k, which technically we're pre-approved for on the loan but I don't want to spend that much.
Good luck at staying under budget.

Especially with a preggo wife (congrats btw). Most parents lose their mind over that first kid. The amount of money we spent that first 2 years was obscene. I never like to buy new cars and somehow bought my wife a brand new Lexus for "safety". Your kids will destroy it all in the first few years so be smart if you can. But it can be hard.

Top Bottom