• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I like the idea of 4 forums

Gaming
OT
Gaming Community
OT Community

It would be perfect

All Sport threads go into OT Community, stickied

Any good OT's that are good from Off Topic, will join in there

It looks so weird having Buy/Sell, Aus-GAF with all the Sports, and then gaming OT's mixed in with K-Pop GAF etc

LukeSmith

in other news, i'm almost done reading the hungry games and i need to finish it by tomorrow since my gf is anxious to see the movie. is the movie true to the book!? i like the book a lot, it's a good break from my many romance novels that i read

On the scale of "movies your girlfriend will ask you to go see with her" it's really good. I thought the novels were pretty alright - first one is the best of the three. And the first one is better than the fourth George RR Martin book (haven't read the fifth).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I like the idea of 4 forums

Gaming
OT
Gaming Community
OT Community

It would be perfect

All Sport threads go into OT Community, stickied

Any good OT's that are good from Off Topic, will join in there

It looks so weird having Buy/Sell, Aus-GAF with all the Sports, and then gaming OT's mixed in with K-Pop GAF etc

Should probably put the 9gag repost thread into OT community as well. Along with any of the other "mega threads" that stick around for months on end.

GraveRobberX

Should probably put the 9gag repost thread into OT community as well. Along with any of the other "mega threads" that stick around for months on end.

At least threads in OT Community won't be bombarded with posters going I read it on reddit already

Gaming Should be about news of the day and any upcoming games and their OT, 30 days later they should be moved into Gaming Community

OT 95% of the times the threads fizzle quickly, the real OT's will flourish in OT community

Most threads in OT get bloated by the same talk over and over, either through Pun-GAF, Debate-GAF, or the Defense Force/White Knights with Shiny Shields show up a little to early to the battle

Just wait until us Germa....

NO I'M NOT GERMAN!

Greg

On the scale of "movies your girlfriend will ask you to go see with her" it's really good. I thought the novels were pretty alright - first one is the best of the three. And the first one is better than the fourth George RR Martin book (haven't read the fifth).
Laughed real good at this.

I remember being mislead into watching the original Twilight before I knew what it was. She said, "You like vampires, right?"

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I could never confuse Germany and the Netherlands.

I've played entire too much Europa Universalis for that.

I'm not even entirely sure what a "Gelre" is but for some reason I know about it.

I remember being mislead into watching the original Twilight before I knew what it was. She said, "You like vampires, right?"

My wife convinced me to attempt reading the first book.

I read the first chapter and I said "it just sounds like nonsense that a teenage girl would think" she said "that's the point".

I quit reading it.

eznark

Banned

The quality of the Halo story makes so much more sense now.

Junie12

I like your new avy wienke. But no good ending DLC would wash away the taste of the original ending, nothing will wash it away :(

Twilight? Gross. I don't know how good Hunger Games is or not but I can already tell it's the latest "thing" since Twilight/Potter are done.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I like your new avy wienke. But no good ending DLC would wash away the taste of the original ending, nothing will wash it away :(

At this point I'll take anything, whether I have to pay for it or I get it for free.

I'll pay 15 bucks for a vastly improved ending, a Krogan party member, and some extra missions.

I'd pay 30 or more if they added the Mako back!

edit: I liked Harry Potter so I'm going to bite the bullet and read the first book pretty soon. A book about a fight to the death and such can't be too terrible.

Drakeon

I don't think I ever touched on the Josh Johnson signing. I don't think this means much for Tolzien, but more about Kaepernick. I'm a huge Kaep supporter and I watched him tear it up in college but never expected him to amount to anything in the NFL. Then when Harbaugh hand picked him and drafted him that got my hopes up, I mean Jim Harbaugh isn't the QB whisperer for no reason.

I Hope this doesn't mean that he is having trouble adjusting to an NFL system.

Kap, Josh, Alex and Harbs all went out playing racquetball the day he signed. Which could be nothing, but I don't see how this means more for Kap than Tolzien, all we've really seen of him is the preseason games last year.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
At this point I'll take anything, whether I have to pay for it or I get it for free.

I'll pay 15 bucks for a vastly improved ending, a Krogan party member, and some extra missions.

So...excited that Forte wants to join forces with HoFlynn to destroy your team, or what?

Junie12

I'll pay any price to forget the ending ever happened and play the DLC ending instead. But alas they are just some stuff that money can't buy. :(

Oh well at least I had some good times with the game before it went to shit.

Greg

My wife convinced me to attempt reading the first book.

I read the first chapter and I said "it just sounds like nonsense that a teenage girl would think" she said "that's the point".

I quit reading it.
:jnc

At least the book gave you the opportunity to bail at any point.

I had no clue what I was in for until we were at the theater and the kid at the register chuckled when I said "2 for Twilight"

GraveRobberX

Can anyone link me to the ending of ME3, what is crazy about it or tell me why is it causing such an uproar

I played ME2 on PS3 got to the the prison part to free someone Jack?, but the game wasn't grooving for me, so I just gave up, would try again later on

Battle Royale was amazing, II not so much

"NANAHARA!!!!!!"

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'll pay any price to forget the ending ever happened and play the DLC ending instead. But alas they are just some stuff that money can't buy. :(

Oh well at least I had some good times with the game before it went to shit.

Nah, see. If they do release an actual ending, just pick it up and replay it next year or something. That way, it'll all be a bad memory like Jar-Jar Binks ruining Star Wars.

Can anyone link me to the ending of ME3, what is crazy about it or tell me why is it causing such an uproar

I played ME2 on PS3 got to the the prison part to free someone Jack?, but the game wasn't grooving for me, so I just gave up, would try again later on

"NANAHARA!!!!!!"

From what I can garner, the ending just seems to take all of your choices and decisions in the series and just throw it all out the window, as well as all logic.

LukeSmith

40% of the 5th book is tripe like the 4th book, the other 60% of the book is quite good.

When I started reading book 5 and the opening line was something like "The air was rank with the smell of men" I just turned the Kindle off. The wait was too long and that line, too bad. I'll read it once Book 6 is actually on the road to release (probably timed with the sixth season of the show)

Damn it I wish I knew photoshop.

Paint is more your speed

eznark

Banned
When I started reading book 5 and the opening line was something like "The air was rank with the smell of men" I just turned the Kindle off. The wait was too long and that line, too bad. I'll read it once Book 6 is actually on the road to release (probably timed with the sixth season of the show)

He is a fuck awful writer.

Xeke

Banned
You got that vibe too? So original. Also they had a ripoff already that Condemned movie.

Yeah and a lot less brutal looking.

hungergameskatnissbowarrow.jpeg

vs.

battle-royale-1.jpg

"NANAHARA!!!!!!"

Read the novel. Much better than the movie.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Saw the Hunger Games earlier, had no idea it was a tween book since some of my male friends had read it. Either way, the movie was good but the end fizzled out so damned hard. I know it's to set up the rest of the series but holy shit.

eznark

Banned
I read the first three books really quickly back in 2008 or so and really enjoyed them.

The TV Show is better.

The world and stories are fantastic. I read the first four in a week while hiking in Yosemite (most of it on the drive, really). It's his prose that is abominable. Agreed on the TV show.

Top Bottom