• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

bionic77

They should just make a TV show about Tebow, give the people what they want.

Also Bionic, I would gladly have you in team Dutchie for the Euro Championship! We could be like bro's.
I can't commit to team Dutch at this point. The only national team I always cheer for is the US.

When it comes to soccer the one advantage of not having set teams is that I change my mind from tournament to tournament. While I loved the Dutch in the last WC I may not feel so inclined this Euro. Teams change drastically year to year.

The one thing I can say is that I wish I was in England during the Euro. It is hilarious being in England for the WC or Euro. Everyone deep down knows their team is going to choke or embarrass themselves, but somehow right before the tournament they will pump themselves up into believing they somehow have a shot at winning things and that it is still 1850. Once the inevitable happens it is startling to see how fast the flags come down and the it is hilarious reading the papers and watching tv.

I was fortunate to be there on vacation during one of the Euros (I think it was the year that Greece won and brought disgrace to an entire continent).

We got Cotchery back?! Awesome

Now if only we had an offensive line, something that might be able to stop Ben from being hit as if the play began during the huddle.
We had a decent line in the last 2 years, the problem we have had is injury and consistency. We need some new blood ASAP. If we can address the corner and OL problem in the draft and find a way to fill in the other holes in depth either by late draft picks or FA we should contend this year with some luck.

Striker

Knew it would be a 5th. Good gamble on Rivers. It would be questionable if the Giants actual 5th would have even made the squad.

Locklear signing is curious, swing tackle and depth, I imagine? I can still see them going OL some time in the first four picks.

Speaking of the Giants first four picks, I think they will be; HB, WR, OL, and DE/DT. That'd be great...

Ah, yes, I like him. He just missed a penalty for Bayern that could've tied the game. Instead they lost, and Dortmund is now pretty much a lock as champion. Thanks, Dutchie.

/

We all know he's a great player, but also a great choker....Would have been World Champions if he didn't suck one-on-one...Still have nightmares.
I just hope they trade him to a real team since you Germans don't like him, somewhere where he can actually win something.

Also, I would punch that taunting piece of shit in the face.

Drakeon said:
Do the Steelers even have the money to pay him more? (assuming they wanted to)
They do. Just not what he wants.

Liking the Rivers move as mentioned. Though I'll like it more if he stays healthy. If he does, that will get Kiwi back on the defensive line rotation which will be huge.

Also, good article on Jake Ballard and the knee injury. Many will remember him trying to cut on the sideline during the Super Bowl and that apparently caused cartilage damage to the knee on top of the ACL tear. In other words, I highly doubt he makes it back for the 2012 season.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/146939705_Ballard_faces_long_road_back.html

"I definitely felt it rip and heard it pop," said the tight end, describing his knee after he had been jammed by Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes. "I felt like I ripped everything and broke everything.

"But it was the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl. I wasn’t not going to try to get back out there."

So the trainers watched and NBC cameras filmed as Ballard tested his knee on the side. He doesn’t know exactly what happened, but he thinks he already had torn his ACL, then damaged cartilage when his knee buckled while testing it.

Ballard, 24, underwent microfracture surgery to repair the cartilage as well as surgery to repair his torn ACL in February, casting doubt on when – or if – he will return for the 2012 season.

"My knee just collapsed," Ballard said Monday night in a phone interview, a week before the Giants begin OTAs. "I definitely tore [my ACL] on the field. I’d say [the cartilage damage] probably happened on the sideline from trying to run with no ACL.

"But I don’t regret trying to get back in the game. It’s the biggest game in any football player’s career."

bionic77

I was hoping that being on the free market would knock some sense into Wallace's head.

He is a great player and deserves to be paid, but definitely not as the highest paid receiver in the game. Fitz is arguably the best and even he is overpaid.

Hopefully we can get it done before the season and Wallace has time to get the new offense down. He is just going to hurt his value more by sitting out. In the NFL the system really favors the owners. This isn't the NBA or MLB where you can get giant, guaranteed contracts despite being unproven or over the hill.

Lunchbox

Banned
I love the nfl because pretty much every year a terrible team can win a division, like the 49ers last year.

I love sports talk radio

thats because they play in the nfc west

in the reality, truly terrible teams, like the browns, chiefs and jets cant win shit

I love the nfl because pretty much every year a terrible team can win a division, like the 49ers last year.

I love sports talk radio

u still mad bout the niners success? i told you bums 2 years ago if we got a decent coaching staff we would be dominant and here we are. but i don't expect a bears fan to know anything about quality coaching!

I love sports talk radio

Theres a guy on Cleveland radio that just screams and rants and raves every morning about every single move the Browns make or dont make. It's funny and kind of therapeutic. A lot of the callers are really, really stupid and I dont think I could host a show without going off on them on a regular basis Howard Stern style.

Wes

venison crêpe
ESPN's Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter Wednesday that he doesn't believe USC LT Matt Kalil is a lock to be the Vikings' pick at No. 3 overall, "by any stretch."
"In talking to people around the league, I don't think Kalil is a lock to Minnesota at No. 3 by any stretch," said Schefter. Schefter has heard of some teams "sniffing around" Minnesota's first-rounder, and expects interest to pick up in "a week to ten days," when all clubs have their 2012 draft boards set. Vikings GM Rick Spielman is known to be open to trading down.

Feel free to trade up to #4 to take him Bills.

minx

i'll make you an avatar bet that the bears wont make the playoffs. that division is so shitty there isn't much separation between the teams so i could see them lucking into a 3rd place finish

Shitty division? Coming from a 49ers fan? Not enough jackncoke's in the world.

Lots of chirps today that we're interested heavily in Vontaze Burfict in the later rounds. The nutcase LB from Arizona State. He really fell off this year. Before the season he was rated right up there with Kuechley. I'd like to take a chance on him. Our defense played considerably better when Fujita got hurt and they slid Gocong over there.

cashman

Banned
He wears this fucking cap everywhere.

original.jpg

LJ11

I'll give you a third, deal? Doubt they move up, won't trade more than a 2nd anyway, this group seems to want to stay put more than move up or down.

I've noticed some talk today about the LB position being bad value in the first, blame it on Rivers and Curry I guess. Funny enough, everyone leaves out Willis and Cushing when the debate is brought up because they're also rush? LBs. LOL

Value myth continues. So RBs, WRs, and now LBs, what other positions are left?

Need to move up the draft, every day I get on another position is bad value, especially at 10. It's unavoidable too, fans just pepper the messageboards with draft talk.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll give you a third, deal? Doubt they move up, won't trade more than a 2nd anyway, this group seems to want to stay put more than move up or down.

I've noticed some talk today about the LB position being bad value in the first, blame it on Rivers and Curry I guess. Funny enough, everyone leaves out Willis and Cushing when the debate is brought up because they're also rush? LBs. LOL

Value myth continues. So RBs, WRs, and now LBs, what other positions are left?

Need to move up the draft, every day I get on another position is bad value, especially at 10. It's unavoidable too, fans just pepper the messageboards with draft talk.

The future: Only LT's can be drafted in the 1st round.

Funny enough, last season everyone kept bringing up Tyron Smith not being good value inside the top 10. Guy looked tremendous in his rookie year.

I wanted him in Detroit so bad. I knew he would be stellar, one of the few times I'm right about these things! Fairley is great and all, and I expect good things from him this year. But I wanted the LT spot to be locked up for the next 10 years =(

Wes

venison crêpe
Lots of chirps today that we're interested heavily in Vontaze Burfict in the later rounds. The nutcase LB from Arizona State. He really fell off this year. Before the season he was rated right up there with Kuechley. I'd like to take a chance on him. Our defense played considerably better when Fujita got hurt and they slid Gocong over there.

Considering we have 37 draft picks in Rounds 5-7, I have no problem with taking some character concern/players coming back from injury projects.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Funny enough, last season everyone kept bringing up Tyron Smith not being good value inside the top 10. Guy looked tremendous in his rookie year.

Ok, there's no value in LT's either.

1st Round is for Long Snapper's Only.

Top Bottom