• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Funny enough, last season everyone kept bringing up Tyron Smith not being good value inside the top 10. Guy looked tremendous in his rookie year.

Second best tackle taken last year.

solder-face.jpg

Lots of love for Doug Martin on Path to the Draft. I'm really warming up to him possibly going to the Giants at 32.

Would be an awesome pick up, imo. He seems to do everything well and can beat people in multiple ways. With the loss of Manningham, he would totally put a very versatile threat on your offense. With Cruz and Nicks taking up so much attention, you can break the game with him. Glad Detroit avoids the Giants this season

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh, and for those Falcon Fans that still hold a grudge on ole Bobby Petrino... :lol @ the released phone records from the last 6 months.

People are saying he "Farved" himself.

Mayock on Coples: "Bust potential is high. If I'm a GM, I wouldn't take him in the first and possibly not even in the second. I recognize the talent, but I'm having trouble finding any tape I actually like"

Continues..."If I'm at 20 and I'm the Titans and I need a pass rusher and Coples is on the board along with guys like Mcklellan, Chandler Jones, Mercilus - I look at those guys before I look at Coples"

It's safe to say he's not a fan. He absolutely loved Keuchly. Has him #6 on his overall board.

Mayock on Coples: "Bust potential is high. If I'm a GM, I wouldn't take him in the first and possibly not even in the second. I recognize the talent, but I'm having trouble finding any tape I actually like"

It's safe to say he's not a fan. He absolutely loved Keuchly. Has him #6 on his overall board.

mayock is a racist scumbag

Junie12

Aww and I was really starting to like Coples as a prospect :(

I'm really not sold on Ingram...

Mayock on Janoris Jenkins: "From a measurables standpoint and what I see on tape, he's a first round talent. The off the field issues will hurt him."

Says it's still possible for him to go in the first but thinks he'll get knocked down to the second round.

I was happy to see the Steelers re-sign Cotchery. That's a huge move. He's going to be what Hines was 4/5 years ago. Huge possession guy. Need him to be that 3rd down, short yardage guy who can find a seam in the D when we're in the RZ. I agree with bionic that Hines's presence last season limited Cotchery's play-time. We'll see him step up. I think this means that if we take a WR at all in the draft it will be a project in the later rounds.

Hoping we're lining up for ILB, OL, CB in the top 3 picks.

I was happy to see the Steelers re-sign Cotchery. That's a huge move. He's going to be what Hines was 4/5 years ago. Huge possession guy. Need him to be that 3rd down, short yardage guy who can find a seam in the D when we're in the RZ. I agree with bionic that Hines's presence last season limited Cotchery's play-time. We'll see him step up. I think this means that if we take a WR at all in the draft it will be a project in the later rounds.

I'm starting to sour on ILB in the first. LB seems weak in the higher rounds, but stronger in the later rounds. I'd prefer the Steelers shore up a BPA DT or O-lineman rather than reach for a LB. There will be plenty of talent in the second.

A lot of guys must have had some sad childhoods without baseball. If your dads were too tired from working at the steel mills or clam chowder factories to play catch with you after they got home and beat their wives, then hey, that's on them. Don't drag baseball down with your pathetic lives.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
This post seems random.

Baseball's awesome. If you hate it, you're a terrorist.

Jihad Jihad!

I don't hate it, I just don't care!

It's more entertaining than Golf to me.

Honestly Soccer is better than any of the other summer sports in my book. The World Cup is awesome when the US is actually in it for once.

baseball CAN be exciting but i think the problem is the season is too long for me. the game itself is fun to play and in the right circumstance can be fun to watch but i just can't work up enough interest to give a shit about the 23rd of 162 games in a season

Talon

A lot of guys must have had some sad childhoods without baseball. If your dads were too tired from working at the steel mills or clam chowder factories to play catch with you after they got home and beat their wives, then hey, that's on them. Don't drag baseball down with your pathetic lives.
This got me.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
baseball CAN be exciting but i think the problem is the season is too long for me. the game itself is fun to play and in the right circumstance can be fun to watch but i just can't work up enough interest to give a shit about the 23rd of 162 games in a season

Exactly.

By the time baseball gets....not necessarily good just...less boring sometime around August or September, I'm already in football mode and couldn't care less.

Exactly.

By the time baseball gets....not necessarily good just...less boring sometime around August or September, I'm already in football mode and couldn't care less.

yep! i'm not trying to troll but i would honestly rather watch the 49ers first pre-season game than game 7 of the world series

snesfreak

Banned
I dunno what my dad was doing, cause he was gone my whole life.
I'm better off for it, if he had been around I'd probably be a George Zimmerman supporter.

brentech

Nailed it. I generally feel the same about basketball and hockey, although I go to a decent amount of minor league hockey games.....and I'm "trying" to enjoy basketball.

Baseball is the biggest offender by far. Along with being extremely slow paced.

Baseball sucks unless you're there.

Beer + loads of hot girls + chilling outside + sports = best time ever.

P.S. Watch the NHL playoffs, you jack wagons.

Jihad Jihad!

I don't hate it, I just don't care!

It's more entertaining than Golf to me.

Honestly Soccer is better than any of the other summer sports in my book. The World Cup is awesome when the US is actually in it for once.

Well I straight up hate baseball but it's not really played here so it's not that much of a big deal.

minx

Beginning to think Forte either won't be playing this year or won't be a Bear. Just sign the damn deal in the table. It's rumored to be DWill money. He simply isn't going to be worth what he wants in 3+ years.

jakncoke

Banned

nice vet signing

LJ11

Just finished watching "Take Shelter". Hot damn what an fantastic film.

This is on my to watch list, looking forward to it. Checked out Hunger the other night, pretty good, well shot, brutal stuff though.

Watched A Separation a couple of weeks ago, great film, best of '11, shame I didn't get to it earlier.

Nice getting Cotch back, should have a good year provided he stays healthy.

And fuck the Pens for blowing a 3 goal lead in game 1, you ass clowns! I feel sorry for people that can't get on board with hockey, especially playoff hockey. It's second only to the NFL IMO in terms of excitement. Crazy plays, momentum shifts, insane crowds, end to end action and true sudden death OT. It's all awesome.

I have the same problem with baseball as FMT....I can't follow 160+ games. I do like post season baseball though, for the most part. If there's two teams playing that I hate though, I can't watch it.

Buckethead said:
Had enough substance for a short. Should have been 30 minutes long not whatever it was.
The substance is in the character of Curtis more so than the plot itself. Had Michael Shannon not been the quality of actor that he is, the film would have faltered and left me lukewarm to what he was going through. Thankfully, Shannon did an amazing job of keeping me engaged and the film itself does an excellent job of maintaining the "slow burn" tension and escalation that so many other films get wrong. I loved the finale, too. It clicked with me.

I feel sorry for people that can't get on board with hockey, especially playoff hockey. It's second only to the NFL IMO in terms of excitement. Crazy plays, momentum shifts, insane crowds, end to end action and true sudden death OT. It's all awesome.

Bro-fist.

The first two games tonight were great to watch. Too bad the Pens took their foot off the pedal after the 1st. Still a great game though. The Pred/Dead-thing game was good too.

ZZMitch

Nice getting Cotch back, should have a good year provided he stays healthy.

And fuck the Pens for blowing a 3 goal lead in game 1, you ass clowns! I feel sorry for people that can't get on board with hockey, especially playoff hockey. It's second only to the NFL IMO in terms of excitement. Crazy plays, momentum shifts, insane crowds, end to end action and true sudden death OT. It's all awesome.

I have the same problem with baseball as FMT....I can't follow 160+ games. I do like post season baseball though, for the most part. If there's two teams playing that I hate though, I can't watch it.

Meh. I'd rather watch regular season baseball than any type of hockey. Just saw the Blue Jays and Red Sox here in Toronto today! (sox fan) Going to see the Blue Jays and Orioles play in two days with my housemates... hope they both lose.

Being there is a big part of it though. I usually am doing something else and watching baseball in the background if I am at home. I usually catch a majority of the Red Sox games in during the season (harder though now that I am in Toronto).

Nightz

Last night's South Park

http://i.imgur.com/1HG0e.jpg[IMG]

Made an avatar for Nightz or one of you Chawgas fans

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EwecL.jpg

LOL nice, I should check out that episode. I actually had Boltman as my avatar for a while, wouldn't hurt to use him again. Thanks!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Between work and bullshit I missed the Keith Rivers news. Love the move, he's got a lot of potential. Hopefully a change of scenery helps.

Top Bottom