• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Milchjon

I never got Baseball. To me most of the time it looks like one of those never-ending Sergio Leone duels without the awesome music.

bionic77

Baseball is not even fun to play.

Man I remember hating Little League so much. So fucking boring for me as a kid. I actually preferred soccer as a kid (even though our league and coach didn't understand the game at all), because at least I got to run and do something all of the time.

I would actually like to get into the Euro pro soccer leagues but I have no teams to root for so I don't feel as connected. Soccer/futbol looks so damn good in HD.

Milchjon

Baseball is not even fun to play.

Man I remember hating Little League so much. So fucking boring for me as a kid. I actually preferred soccer as a kid (even though our league and coach didn't understand the game at all), because at least I got to run and do something all of the time.

I would actually like to get into the Euro pro soccer leagues but I have no teams to root for so I don't feel as connected. Soccer/futbol looks so damn good in HD.

Just hate Bayern München and you'll be okay. They're basically the Patriots of German soccer, except I hate them. Well, I hate soccer in general.

I'm going to ignore your baseball comments because I imagine you are tired from dealing with young twins all the time.

As for soccer, you can root for the only team that matters

220px-Bayern_Munchen.png

Just hate Bayern München and you'll be okay. They're basically the Patriots of German soccer, except I hate them. Well, I hate soccer in general.

A Pats fan and a Bayern hater. You are the worst kind of person

Milchjon

I'm going to ignore your baseball comments because I imagine you are tired from dealing with young twins all the time.

As for soccer, you can root for the only team that matters

220px-Bayern_Munchen.png

Why would you do that? They're basically the German version of what the Redskins would be if there was no salary cap. German talent? Hey, let's buy him. Fuckers.

Edit: OK, my argument isn't really consistent :jnc
Just know that Bayern sucks.

mr2xxx

Banned
99672_monocle.jpg
Football is for the masses. It's a lowest common denominator sport. Baseball requires dedication and intelligence. I think that distinction is obvious when you look at the posters in this thread who state their distaste for baseball.

For me personally:

1. NFL 2. NFL Offseason 3rd. UFC ..........................3rd NBA Playoffs

Baseball is boring for the most part adn I never watch it. The only exception was when the Redsox played the yankees and won 4 straight to beat them to make the WS. It was glorious especially with all the history and the drama of coming from the brink of elimination. If it was shorter and more competitive I may watch but over 100 games c'mon son.

Why would you do that? They're basically the German version of what the Redskins would be if there was no salary cap. German talent? Hey, let's buy him. Fuckers.

Edit: OK, my argument isn't really consistent :jnc
Just know that Bayern sucks.

They were the first team I really watched a game with when I started watching Soccer in High School. It just kind of stuck, ya know?

And who can hate on Mueller? Guy is as pure a soccer player as there is

Draxal

I work near the Mead ... Giants stadium, and there is a fire nearby, giving out black smoke and stuff, it looks kinda surreal.

The statium isn't on fire but man, there's a ton of black smoke around.

Milchjon

They were the first team I really watched a game with when I started watching Soccer in High School. It just kind of stuck, ya know?

And who can hate on Mueller? Guy is as pure a soccer player as there is

Of course, their players are awesome, and as long as they're playing for the national team, I love them. But Bayern as part of the German league/football culture just sucks. Too many bandwagoners and fairweather fans.

bionic77

Why is Bayern the best?

All I know about them is they are the best team from Germany and pretty decent in past WE games.

In general I kind of hate the super teams like Man U, Bara/Real Madrid, etc.

Of course, their players are awesome, and as long as they're playing for the national team, I love them. But Bayern as part of the German league/football culture just sucks. Too many bandwagoners and fairweather fans.

Being a man of German descent, I love the national team too. And can't fairweather and bandwagon fans be an issue with every team in every sport? Look how many members of Lions gaf we have added in just one year. I can understand what you are saying, though.

I will continue my love for Bayern (and Euro soccer in general) and count down the days until the WC starts and Germany finally breaks the streak of 3rd place finishes and wins it all.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why is Bayern the best?

All I know about them is they are the best team from Germany and pretty decent in past WE games.

In general I kind of hate the super teams like Man U, Bara/Real Madrid, etc.

Super team that scrubbed out of the Europa league. Chelsea is the only one who can stop yet another zzz Barca/Real match.

bionic77

My two favorite teams from the last WC (in terms of style of play) were Germany and the Netherlands.

God I hate watching Spanish soccer and their insane possession game. They were the best team and deserved to win but that style of soccer bores me (at least it is once they get a lead and play 90 minutes of keep away).

That was the best the Americans ever played as well. We are so far away from contending to win a WC though.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I work near the Mead ... Giants stadium, and there is a fire nearby, giving out black smoke and stuff, it looks kinda surreal.

The statium isn't on fire but man, there's a ton of black smoke around.

Sounds like Rex Ryan and Tebow are having a face to feet meeting.

The deal for LB Keith Rivers is all but done.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏ @TheBlueScreen

I'm told the Giants will be giving the Bengals their 5th-round pick in the 2012 draft for LB Keith Rivers. #NYG

The Giants 5th rounders is the last selection in the round so its practically a sixth rounder. Good deal I suppose for a guy with talent who's dealt with injuries. The Giants have an extra fourth rounder thanks to the compensatory pick they received as well.

lol @ bears. why bother giving briggs an extension when he's just going to whine about another one next year?

briggs is garbage and the bears are going to be horrible this year

BigAT

Like the Giants deal for Rivers. It addresses an area of weakness on the roster and has a very large potential upside while giving up very little. Good job Jerry.

bionic77

KC or Zona fans who the fuck is Leonard Pope?

I don't see how he is any better than the garbage we are already carrying for backup tight end. I guess that is a pretty strong signal that we aren't going to look for that 2nd tight end in the draft this year and will be depending on Heath as usual.

Makes sense because of how many needs we have on defense and offensive line but I was hoping we could find a diamond in the rough for a pass catching TE.

Baseball is so fucking boring. It's unwatchable on TV. If you want to take a nap or are having trouble falling asleep, put on a baseball game. Boom. Almost instant la-la land. We have a AAA team here -- the Durham Bulls. We go see a couple games every year, mostly for the hell of it. My neighbor has season tix and sometimes can't go so he gives them to us. The best part of Bulls games is seeing the two dudes dress up in sumo outfits and knock each other over in between innings.

Golf can be good on Sundays if it's a major. Tiger blowing his load over most of the chicks in CA put a wedge into the sport's popularity though. He was one of the few guys people could get behind and watch because he could pull all kinds of crazy shit out of nowhere. Now he's a washed up adulterer and there are too many golfers named Bubba winning things.

Football is the best sport because every game matters. You lose 2 or 3 in a row and you're sweating it out because that might be it for you.

I watch hockey as well. Used to be pretty casual but with my son being a hockey nut we watch it quite a bit.

I will say this. Super Bowl ends Feb, and that's when hockey season is getting into the last 1/4 of the season, so games matter more as teams vie for playoff spots. Then hockey playoffs start today, you've got the NFL draft in April, hockey Stanley Cup in early June, mid-June hockey draft, hockey free agency opens on 7/1 (my bday) and then you just need to survive the rest of July and August before NFL is back at it.

KC or Zona fans who the fuck is Leonard Pope?

I don't see how he is any better than the garbage we are already carrying for backup tight end. I guess that is a pretty strong signal that we aren't going to look for that 2nd tight end in the draft this year and will be depending on Heath as usual.

Makes sense because of how many needs we have on defense and offensive line but I was hoping we could find a diamond in the rough for a pass catching TE.

i only know 2 things about leonard pope (since he played against the niners a few times in AZ):

1. he's like 7 feet tall
2. he sucks dick

RBH

If I'm remembering correctly, Leonard Pope used to be a pretty decent pass catching TE when he was at UGA. Hasn't really translated to the pros though.

bionic77

i only know 2 things about leonard pope (since he played against the niners a few times in AZ):

1. he's like 7 feet tall
2. he sucks dick
I am confused.

Is that meant to be a negative or positive? Your sexual tastes are so varying that it is hard to keep up with all of them.

Sigh. I guess we are not going to get that perfect redzone target this year. Maybe the new coordinator will help a little bit in that regard and focus on formations and mismatches? That seems like a better plan then having Ben dodge 3 defenders and make up shit on the fly (though we did win 2 Superbowls with that method!).

cajunator

Banned
Well that's interesting. Saints signed CB Leigh Torrence from Washington, he had a decent career as a backup in New Orleans and now e has gone BACK to Washington.
Our linebacker positions have finally improved significantly but now the secondary will need more depth with Torrence and Porter leaving.
As for the head coach, I think joe Vitt is probably the best choice. Carmichael has to continue his focus on the offense, and Spags with he D and I think Joe has been around the organization long enough to understand how it should be run as a HC.

Milchjon

Apparently since Rex doesn't want Hard Knocks again the Falcons have become a strong contender for the show.

Sounds boring. Who's the least bit interesting on their roster? Let's hope Matt Ryan goes all Flacco on us and tells everyone he's the best.

MechDX

I wish we would sign someone. ANYONE!

Resigning Arian and Chris Myers were huge but I want to see some new people. They were rumored to have talked to Buress last season before he signed elsewhere. At this point I would think they could get him relatively inexpensive for a #2 WR.

bionic77

Cotchery staying with the Steelers. Good for the Steelers. He should fill that slot role nicely.

https://twitter.com/#!/TheJetsStream/status/190145944526921728

Two year deal.

On the Keith Rivers deal, his contract has a built in "out" for the team for 2013. So he's essentially a free agent after the 2012 season.
Hines was taking away too many plays from Cotchery who was really good whenever he got in last year.

Hopefully our new OC takes advantage of the talent we have at wide receiver. I am still a little worried about the line and our inability to score in the RZ at an elite level.

I am looking forward to seeing the offense this year. Definitely top 10 and hopefully top 5.

We got Cotchery back?! Awesome

Now if only we had an offensive line, something that might be able to stop Ben from being hit as if the play began during the huddle.

Top Bottom