• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

bionic77

This is karma for you guys attempting to ride favres dick to a Super Bowl!
I thought it was Greg Williams and Sean Peyton and the Saints who were dirty motherfuckers and beat the shit out of Farve? Now you are telling me it was karma?

I always thought karma was kind of a pussy, I take it back. Karma is a fucking badass.

eznark

Banned
First it's Poutface begging out of a game because he got an ouch on his knee, now Megatron is begging to not have to play Green Bay the last game of the year.

Calvin Johnson during ESPN chat on schedule release: "I always look for that last game. Make sure that it's not at Green Bay."

Such a cowardly division.

Fox318

First it's Poutface begging out of a game because he got an ouch on his knee, now Megatron is begging to not have to play Green Bay the last game of the year.

I want to play the pats at the end of the season.

What better way to cap a 16-0 season then versus the 0-14-2 pats?

Trasher

He'll be resting in week 17 anyways. Doesn't even matter!

He just wants to play against GB and that shitty defense. If its week 17, Schwartz and company will have the #1 seed locked up and force Calvin to sit. He knows if he has a chance for single game records, its against GB

bionic77

True, no sense destroying your knee for that 5th win against Matt Harrell and the Packups.

Remember that? When the practice squad humiliated the Lions? Man, that shit was awesome.
Refresh my memory, who took Flynn and for how much?

Man we need a good backup qb. Batch is about as reliable as the power at Candlestick.

Good for Minnesotans for sticking up for the taxpayers. The last thing Ziggy Wulf needs is a bailout and a massive subsidy. If the team cannot afford to build the stadium, they shouldn't exist. Simple as that.

Honestly, how many professional sports teams fund massive facilities without some kind of city/state financial support? I really don't know, but I can't imagine there are many. I mean, they definitely don't mind reaping their share of the revenue from the deals down the line.

the program they worked out hardly even involved your average tax payer at this point. That was the whole issue in the past. The Vikings have been jumping hurdle after hurdle, making constant adjustments to this proposal. People like Dayton and Zellers give their feedback on what it will take to get this passed. The Vikings comply. This has been going on for a while now. The bill gets through the House Commerce Committee. Next it passes through the House Rules Committee. Two things that a lot of people never thought would happen in an election year. Last night, 9 people (5 dems, 4 repubs) still disagree with what's on the table and basically kill the bill this legislative period.

I agree with you, though. The team should be able to afford it. I wish Zygi would just go all in and fund the damn thing (along with all of his big real estate plans) and be done with it. He's got two parties willing to say 'screw Minneapolis' in Arden Hills and the White Plains Tribe & help out, he's just going to have to foot the high majority of the cost.

I know you are a Packers fan, Eznark, so hopefully your post wasn't just a snide jab. Hopefully you can appreciate a 51 year old franchise with some electrifying (as well as plenty of regrettable) moments for the NFL.
There are a ton of MN Vikings fans out there that might lose a beloved franchise. Hell, my dad has been painfully rooting for them since their inception when he was 12. Sports rivals or not, I wouldn't wish that on any group of faithful fans. Even the Packers. ;)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I think that the issue now is that the Vikings owner will have a much larger ROI if he moves the team to LA at this point.

He could foot the bill but that probably wouldn't be as wise of an investment as just moving the team to LA. I know he needs that "shopping district" or whatever around the stadium to justify the costs as they stand.

I also hear that the LA stadium won't get done either at times.

Maybe he should try a "stock sale" or something?

Trasher

True, no sense destroying your knee for that 5th win against Matt Harrell and the Packups.

Remember that? When the practice squad humiliated the Lions? Man, that shit was awesome.

Packers backup QBs are always better than the starters. We should have known!

I think that the issue now is that the Vikings owner will have a much larger ROI if he moves the team to LA at this point.

He could foot the bill but that probably wouldn't be as wise of an investment as just moving the team to LA. I know he needs that "shopping district" or whatever around the stadium to justify the costs as they stand.

I also hear that the LA stadium won't get done either at times.

Maybe he should try a "stock sale" or something?

The whole LA situation sounds like a mess right now.
The Vikings got a one year extension on the Metrodome for 2012, but after that? I guess there's a chance they can get another small extention and finally get the bill passed next year, post elections. Some are already predicting that. Once Wilf starts looking around at other cities MN might realize how much they are losing by letting the team go.

or it could be like The Lakers again.
or the NorthStars again.

....fuck.

bluemax

Banned
Marshawn Lynch bought his offensive line new watches:

http://instagr.am/p/JfWEe9vso-/

d3e93c3087ed11e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

jakncoke

Banned
There isn't anything wrong with helping a person on his feet, its the dirty plebs that dont wanna do anything but collect the govt tit milk that I have a problem with.

eznark

Banned
I typed old man nintendo into google, that's what I got.

Man, what a failure the "mii" was. Nintendo is awesomely absurd.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
We can celebrate the alliance with a gigantic feast!

and promptly devolve into a drunken, rage-fueled throwing of beer cans at a television

Either way, I probably will end up in a drunken stupor playing roullette at Greektown after the game.

Top Bottom