• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Milchjon

Euro GAF, did I get my maths right and the Pats won't draft before about 7 AM German time? Damn, I wanted to stay up, but that's not worth it.

eznark

Banned
Euro GAF, did I get my maths right and the Pats won't draft before about 7 AM German time? Damn, I wanted to stay up, but that's not worth it.

Not that it will really matter for you, but I feel like last year the draft went much faster. I don't recall staying up super late to watch the World Champion Super Bowl winning Green Bay Packers select at 32.

Slo

Does Jerry Allen post on GAF? No? Then he can shut the fuck up and get off the commemorative plate.

I've had a lot of dark times as a Vikes fan. The 1987 NFC Championship, 1998, 41-0 vs NYG, Favreageddon, 4th and 26 vs McCown, and now 3-13. Sure there's been times when my faith has been weak, and I may have wavered from the true path, but when I look back at my journey as a fan I sometimes only see one set of footprints in the sand, and I know that in those times I was not walking alone. No. I know that those were the times that Jared was carrying me.

I owe him my loyalty.

If JAllen knew how to read and write, I'm sure he'd be on NeoGAF.

Hm, so I assume they will still have the pro bowl for contract purposes and just not play the game? If it was making any money at all that seems odd.

Mort said the commissioner has told teams continue to pay players for pro-bowl incentives and even add it into contract but the game itself isn't a good product and evidence of that is when fans booed....you can still have an all star team with out an all star game IMO, since the NFL all star team is afraid of getting hurt and the game is not like the other sports, I haven't watched the joke bowl in more than a decade and that won't change...

Kosmo

Banned
Looks like the Pro Bowl is about dead:

@MortReport on our show: The league is moving towards suspending the Pro Bowl possibly this year. Life support at best.

@GregAiello Re reports on Pro Bowl, we have been in discussions w/the NFLPA about Pro Bowl's future. No decision has been made on this season's game.

Just do a skills competition in March.

Zeke

I'm fine with no probowl but only of they replace it with skill challenges I always liked watching those. We need to get chris into IRC during the draft so he can share in the lulz that are bound to happen.
Edit: milchjon whats up with your avatar

Looks like the Pro Bowl is about dead:

Just do a skills competition in March.

The Skills Competition was always the best part of Pro Bowl week anyway. They should've scrubbed the game and left the Skills Comp instead of the other way around.

Maybe they can even expand it to include:

1. Driving Challenge (Golf)- for Tony Romo
2. Driving Challenge (Car)- Suh
3.Eating Contest- Fatman
4. Handshake Contest- Harbaugh
5. Drinking Contest- Matt Stafford vs. Half of the Pittsburgh Steelers

Nakazato

today is the day :D

Bold predictions

Eagles will trade up to 7 for Fletcher Cox

Coples will likely be a bust

Miami will skip tannehill

Tampa will trade up for Doug Martin

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wasn't the quarterback club a thing and not just a game? That'd be alright to watch instead. Hell the best part of the NBA All-Star weekend is the slam dunk contest and probably the 3-point contest.

Yeah I'm not high on Tannehill for a myriad of reasons, not least of all is statistics.

Each draft generally has one good to great QB, one mediocre to okay QB, and one awful QB out of the first three. You really think Tannehill is better than Luck or Griffin?

Fox318

Wasn't the quarterback club a thing and not just a game? That'd be alright to watch instead. Hell the best part of the NBA All-Star weekend is the slam dunk contest and probably the 3-point contest.

Not this year.

Would have been if Shumps was not injured at the time.

Wes

venison crêpe
lol if the Browns take Claiborne

To be honest, this is who I want. Blackmon at #4 isn't better than Jones was at #7 last year.
Richardson, whilst great, is generally considered too high to be picked at #4.

We get Claiborne, pair him with Haden. Allows Sheldon Brown to move to safety with TJ Ward.

Then again I seem to have a different view to others. I don't mind not going offense for both of our two first round picks.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So is there going to be an OT thread for the draft today or are we just posting in here for the draft?

I'd imagine it should go up around noon today or something if there was one.

today is the day :D

Bold predictions

Eagles will trade up to 7 for Fletcher Cox

Coples will likely be a bust

Miami will skip tannehill

Tampa will trade up for Doug Martin

I hope the Eagles dont have to give up to much to move up if that is what happens. I think we should have a draft thread back in the OT. Wasnt the deal when we got banished that threads could be made in the OT for big events. I bet there are people that like to talk about the draft but dont post during the rest of the off season.

This thread is for the regulars to pal around and talk about scat and fetishes, etc, but there should be a thread on the draft since it's an actual event taking place. We can bring in some new perspectives, rag on some clueless furry lovers (in a non-insular way of course), perhaps meet the next jdez, etc.

We need to circulate the air a bit anyway; it's been getting a little too shitty in here (literally). In my humble opinion.

LevelNth

Banned
So it looks like the four most logical choices for the Niners tonight are going to be either Fleener, Hill, Wright or Zeitler.

Which means Harbaalke will pick someone completely different. I'd prefer to not see Zeitler, as we have enough high picks on our line and I have faith in the depth we have now stepping up.

Hill or Fleener will make me the happiest. So pumped for tonight.

So it looks like the four most logical choices for the Niners tonight are going to be either Fleener, Hill, Wright or Zeitler.

Which means Harbaalke will pick someone completely different. I'd prefer to not see Zeitler, as we have enough high picks on our line and I have faith in the depth we have now stepping up.

Hill or Fleener will make me the happiest. So pumped for tonight.

Do they measure handshakes at the Combine?

Wes

venison crêpe
Rotoworld said:
A source tells the Buffalo News that the Bills' interest in trading up for USC LT Matt Kalil is "legitimate," and gives the team a "good chance" to secure this year's top offensive tackle.

NFL Network's Charley Casserly reported this first last night, and it has also been confirmed by Profootballtalk.com. In this scenario, the Bills would wait for the Vikings to go on the clock at three to get serious about proposals of compensation. Buffalo is willing to surrender pick Nos. 10 and 41 in order to move up for Kalil. Minnesota may ask for a late-round "sweetener," but this looks like a draft-day deal that has strong potential to happen.

Hopefully the Vikings take Claiborne and then the Browns can take that same offer.

yacobod

Banned
After thinking about it more, I have narrowed down my choice for who I'd like the Bears to draft, Whitney Mercilus or Chandler Jones.

Nakazato

After thinking about it more, I have narrowed down my choice for who I'd like the Bears to draft, Whitney Mercilus or Chandler Jones.

Not sure if Jones will be there but Mercilus should

Fleener will make me the happiest. So pumped for tonight.

Just to spite lil bro the best harbaugh will trade down so fleener is gone :p

Guys, my daughter has a soccer game tonight at 7:00 CST. How do I get out of it?

Syrup of ipecac will make you vomit violently

Top Bottom