• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

JABEE

I wish the NFL went back to the 2-day format for the draft instead of drawing it out for three days.

I liked Saturday afternoon being the first day. It was like waking up on Christmas morning.

Edit: it also doesn't help that there are two NHL playoff Game 7's on during the draft.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
6dgKM.png

:jn mnfn c

Tabris

Big-E

Go to work and this thread explodes. Crazy how we have two professional athletes on GAF. Hope you can stay awhile Kluwe and have some fun here as most of us adore the NFL.

Kluwe and Allen should have their own reality TV show.

I bet they have nothing in common, it'd certainly make for some good love/hate buddy comedy.

They could call it "The Tale Of Two Shitties".

I'm gonna miss the damn draft due to work but hopefully we pick up an OLB and T somewhere along the line. Also who do most people think will be the first team to pull a surprise an draft someone out of left field?

Kosmo

Banned
Four full pages overnight (100 ppp for life), wtf.

Gonna have to stay up late to see the Giants pick, this is lame. Fuck #32.

Your sarcasm aside, it will be hilarious if Giant fans wait up until midnight or 1am, Goddell approaches the podium:

"We have a trade!"

Wes

venison crêpe
I've done a Mock 1st round to pass the time. Opinions greatfully received/ignored:

1. Colts - Luck - QB
2. Redskins - RGIII - QB
3. Vikings - Kalil - OT
4. Browns - Richardson - RB
5. Buccanneers - Claiborne - CB
6. Rams - Blackmon - WR
7. Jaguars - Gilmore - CB
8. Dolphins - Tannehill - QB
9. Panthers - Coples - DE
10. Bills - Kuechly - ILB
11. Chiefs - DeCastro - OG
12. Seahawks - Floyd - WR
13. Cardinals - Reiff - OT
14. Cowboys - Barron - S
15. Eagles - Cox - DT
16. Jets - Ingram - DE
17. Bengals - Kirkpatrick - CB
18. Chargers - Jones - DE
19. Bears - Brockers - DT
20. Titans - Poe - DT
21. Bengals - Upshaw - OLB
22. Browns - Glenn - OT
23. Lions - Jenkins - CB
24. Steelers - Hightower - ILB
25. Broncos - Mercilus - DE
26. Texans - Martin - OT
27. Patriots - Smith - S
28. Packers - McClelin - DE
29. Ravens - Wright - WR
30. 49ers - Hill - WR
31. Patriots - Perry - DE
32. Giants - Martin - RB

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I've done a Mock 1st round to pass the time. Opinions greatfully received/ignored:

1. Colts - Luck - QB
2. Redskins - RGIII - QB
3. Vikings - Kalil - OT
4. Browns - Richardson - RB
5. Buccanneers - Claiborne - CB
6. Rams - Blackmon - WR
7. Jaguars - Gilmore - CB
8. Dolphins - Tannehill - QB
9. Panthers - Coples - DE
10. Bills - Kuechly - ILB
11. Chiefs - DeCastro - OG
12. Seahawks - Floyd - WR
13. Cardinals - Reiff - OT
14. Cowboys - Barron - S
15. Eagles - Cox - DT
16. Jets - Ingram - DE
17. Bengals - Kirkpatrick - CB
18. Chargers - Jones - DE
19. Bears - Brockers - DT
20. Titans - Poe - DT
21. Bengals - Upshaw - OLB
22. Browns - Glenn - OT
23. Lions - Jenkins - CB
24. Steelers - Hightower - ILB
25. Broncos - Mercilus - DE
26. Texans - Martin - OT
27. Patriots - Smith - S
28. Packers - McClelin - DE
29. Ravens - Wright - WR
30. 49ers - Hill - WR
31. Patriots - Perry - DE
32. Giants - Martin - RB

I have a hunch Detroit takes Mercilus if he's available at 23.

I'm torn about Jenkins--a lot of execs thought he was the top CB in the draft. But bringing a guy with that attitude/problem into Detroit where the offseason has already been not great in that respect just doesn't seem like a good idea.

I don't want to be Bengals North.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Main reason I went with Jenkins was because he was best on the board I was using left, you got rid of the clown Wright, and needed a CB. Plus, there was this article last week "Lions GM says marijuana use won't deter team from drafting good players".

Smokescreen. Literally and figuratively.

Seriously, though, it will be interesting to see if they gamble on Jenkins. We need a CB pretty badly, but we also need a DE to replace KVB who just can't make it through a season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Was thinking last night that I'd be cool with any position the giants picked except QB or CB since we have depth in those spots, now it seems we're being linked to Dre Kirkpatrick, who's stock is falling. -_-

Mort on Mike and Mike said the pro bowl is D.O.A, finally Roger Goodell may do something I have been saying for a years, time to end the joke bowl...

eznark

Banned
Was thinking last night that I'd be cool with any position the giants picked except QB or CB since we have depth in those spots, now it seems we're being linked to Dre Kirkpatrick, who's stock is falling. -_-

Based on the current make up of the Giants I think it makes a lot of sense to take a flier on a guy with a high ceiling like Kirkpatrick. It's not like he is going to break the bank at 32.

Mort on Mike and Mike said the pro bowl is D.O.A, finally Roger Goodell may do something I have been saying for a years, time to end the joke bowl...

Hm, so I assume they will still have the pro bowl for contract purposes and just not play the game? If it was making any money at all that seems odd.

Top Bottom