• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

jakncoke

Banned
If you can't afford $300 you shouldn't be spending $459 over two years. I mean, more power to Microsoft for squeezing money from the stupid poor but if you buy this you are an idiot.

Microsoft doesn't realize the dirty poors already paid the aarons/rent a centers of the world marked up 300% on 360's.

Bowser

NFL Sirius reporting Vilma got the hammer because of 2 specific cash bounties of $10k each to knock Warner and Favre out of the game in the '09 playoffs.

tumblr_ltsilfpIj11qakh43o1_500.gif

SonnyBoy

What about these punishments are backhanded?

Nothing about the punishments as they stand on their own. I just don't believe that their efforts to increase saftey are as they're made out to be. The rules cater to offenses, they want to decrease injuries but what to increase the amount of games played.

Then you have the NFL burning the spygate tapes.

And recently you have the NFL agree to contracts by the Skins/Cowboys but then turn around and take cap money. Teams that didn't respect the cap floor weren't penalized at all.

There's really no rhyme or reason to any of their actions, they do what they want. I respect it, cus they can lol. Doens't mean I like it.

eznark

Banned
I don't see how Fujita can still be on the executive council, should tender his resignation asap.

Brees is the union mouthpiece and spoke out vehemently in defense of the players on his team who purposefully tried to injure other members of the union. The same union that screamed bloody murder that adding games was a safety risk and that the NFL doesn't do enough to protect safety.

The NFLPA is a fucking joke. Fujita is perfect for a board role.

Talon

Nothing about the punishments as they stand on their own. I just don't believe that their efforts to increase saftey are as they're made out to be. The rules cater to offenses, they want to decrease injuries but what to increase the amount of games played.
That doesn't affect the validity of these punishments.

Of course the league doesn't actually care about the safety of its players. It's more concerned about exposing itself to lawsuits down the line from these broken bodies that used to play in the league.

Bowser

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Players have 3 days to appeal, with the Commissioner in charge of the appeal process

lol

Anthony Hargrove was given an eight-game suspension after the NFL said that he, too, targeted Favre in the NFC Championship Game. The NFL says that Hargrove eventually admitted his role in the team’s bounty program, but that at first “Hargrove also actively obstructed the league’s 2010 investigation into the program by being untruthful to investigators.”

drew-brees_1571855c.jpg

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE? SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE!

I wonder what the national announcers will say about the Saints this year. They have talked so much about Katrina and Graham playing basketball while having things tough, I cant wait to see if the narrative changes this year.

eznark

Banned

I think that is a better stance than the NFLPA's poster boy, who believes in more (and more serious) injuries but wants fewer games.

Draxal

Brees is the union mouthpiece and spoke out vehemently in defense of the players on his team who purposefully tried to injure other members of the union. The same union that screamed bloody murder that adding games was a safety risk and that the NFL doesn't do enough to protect safety.

The NFLPA is a fucking joke. Fujita is perfect for a board role.

Brees has the benefit of at least being a naive, hopeful idiot. Which is ten times better than what Fujita did.

Draxal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you think Brees didn't know about this? Oh man, I have a levee to sell you.

Oh he definetely was aware that the Saint's were guilty, but I do not think he not knew the degree (because let's face it, shit like this happened in other teams, it's the degree that killed them).

He was being naive in that the punishment wouldn't be as hard as they were, which alot of people thought were harsher than they would be.

JABEE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you think Brees didn't know about this? Oh man, I have a levee to sell you.

Brees just wants justice. If they actually participated in the bounty, Brees would be okay with punishing those who participated, but WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?

eznark

Banned
I am really interested to hear what defense the players could make if this goes to court.

It won't go to court. Schefter is full of shit. Remember when the Cowboys and Redskins were going to blow up the NFL over the salary cap penalties according to Schefter?

"sources!"

Wait why is Hargrove suspended?

I'm sad now. We needed that DE power.

But if he's a dirty cheater, good riddance.

8 games though? Ted should shoulder that. He shouldered Neal and he was pointless.

It won't go to court. Schefter is full of shit. Remember when the Cowboys and Redskins were going to blow up the NFL over the salary cap penalties according to Schefter?

"sources!"

lol that is so true. There was a ton of talk aout those tams fighting it and nothing happened at all.

jakncoke

Banned
Wait why is Hargrove suspended?

I'm sad now. We needed that DE power.

But if he's a dirty cheater, good riddance.

8 games though? Ted should shoulder that. He shouldered Neal and he was pointless.

He's been suspended before, He's already a dirty cheater

Gannon saying this is as bad as the SMU death penalty.

Give me a fucking break.

That's rich, SMU never recovered and Saints will be in the playoffs this year or next. How is that even remotely the same.

eznark

Banned
Hm, those suspended players will not count against the cap. I'm now glad that these did not come down before the draft.

Top Bottom