• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Talon

Hm, those suspended players will not count against the cap. I'm now glad that these did not come down before the draft.
Wait, that's some shit. Vick's contract counted against the cap even after we cut him.

We got relief this year in $3 million.

LevelNth

Banned
Regardless of their actual worth on the team, all this shit is going to mess up that Saints locker room so bad. Adding Brees' struggles with the FO on top just makes it all the worse.

Good. GOOD.

yacobod

Banned
Yeah I agree and I don't think that's too bold of a prediction considering he probably has the best QB and on the same roster as a pro bowl WR.

i don't think it's bold either, i think he's in the best position to succeed. if cutler has time to throw next season I think the offense will be real good. Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, and Hester as the 4th receiver isn't bad. Best Bears WR group since the Jeff Graham and Curtis Conway duo.

Mrbob

So has Brees now violated the QB fraternity if he backs his (some former) teammates who went out of their way to injure fellow quarterbacks?

Want to see how Mr Explanation reacts to these punishments being handed down.

eznark

Banned
How much are the Saints paying Bobby Hebert for this "WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE?" defense on ESPN right now?

hebert2jpg-f952c7e9165470b7_large.jpg

Mrbob

I want to see these players argue their suspensions. The NFLPA, current and former players, complain about player safety. Now the NFL puts the hammer down on NFLPA members who went out of their way to hurt other NFLPA members, and they want to fight it? Good luck. Makes the NFLPA cause look like a joke.

eznark

Banned
I want to see these players argue their suspensions. The NFLPA, current and former players, complain about player safety. Now the NFL puts the hammer down on NFLPA members who went out of their way to hurt other NFLPA members, and they want to fight it? Good luck. Makes the NFLPA cause look like a joke.

2013, year of the 32 game season! Two games a week, motherfuckers!

tc farks

Yeah I agree and I don't think that's too bold of a prediction considering he probably has the best QB and on the same roster as a pro bowl WR.

With the attention that will be paid to Marshall and Forte, he will certainly have as good a chance as anybody. After years of having short WR's the Bears WR corp will be a frustrating size matchup for any secondary.

SonnyBoy

It won't go to court. Schefter is full of shit. Remember when the Cowboys and Redskins were going to blow up the NFL over the salary cap penalties according to Schefter?

"sources!"

It is set to go before arbitration on May 10. The court stuff was what'll potentially happen after this ruling.

Talon

According to the league, Saints defensive captain Vilma offered $10,000 in cash to any player who knocked then-Cardinals QB Warner out of a playoff game at the end of the 2009 season, and the same amount for knocking then-Vikings QB Favre out of that season's NFC championship game. The Saints were flagged for roughing Favre twice in that game, and the league later said they should have received another penalty for a brutal high-low hit from Remi Ayodele and Bobby McCray that hurt Favre's ankle. He was able to finish the game, but the Saints won in overtime en route to the NFL title.

According to the NFL, Fujita "pledged a significant amount of money to the prohibited pay-for-performance/bounty pool during the 2009 NFL Playoffs when he played for the Saints."
Hargrove "actively participated in the program while a member of the Saints," the league said, adding that he "submitted a signed declaration to the league that established not only the existence of the program at the Saints, but also that he knew about and participated in it."

The NFL said that "multiple independent sources" said Smith "pledged significant sums to the program pool."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...aints.suspensions.ap/index.html#ixzz1tjY92AUK
Yeah, try to dance out of this one, Fujita. Hypocrite serving on the NFLPA executive committee.

Mrbob

That pic will be a funny thing to look at after next season when Alshon ends up being the best WR taken in this draft.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
After seeing the NFL’s decision letters, the NFLPA has still not received any detailed or specific evidence from the league of these specific players’ involvement in an alleged pay-to-injure program.

Who wrote this shit? Drew Breezy?

mr2xxx

Banned

Because he's the Reciever Chicago deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll laugh at his weight, because he can take it. Because NFL-GAF is cruel. He's a silent eater. A protector of the cheesy gordita. A taco bell loving Josh Freeman clone .

mr2xxx said:
Because he's the Reciever Chicago deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll laugh at his weight, because he can take it. Because NFL-GAF is cruel. He's a silent eater. A protector of the cheesy gordita. A taco bell loving Josh Freeman clone .
9/10.

eznark

Banned
Bishops listed weight is identical.

Yeah, I'm talking about his playing weight. The big knock on Manning was that teams didn't know if he would be able to put on weight to be a consistent edge rusher. He tried playing bigger last year at NCSt. and for whatever reason couldn't. If he played 10 pounds heavier he is probably drafted in the second. I don't know how much more motivation you'll get than that.

WEAKNESSES
Manning has a decent frame but could have trouble getting the same type of production as an edge rusher at 230 pounds in the NFL. He doesn't show the same burst when chasing down runs to the outside that he does in short areas in the backfield, and he will have trouble keeping faster runners inside. He is only average in both zone and man coverage, and he often looks stiff in his hips.

however I think the Packers took him for his speed and won't want him to add weight. I think he is going to be a situational joker on long yardage downs. He is a very good tackler who will be able to contribute on all downs eventually (hopefully).

snesfreak

Banned
Didnt 2 different devs that have worked with WiiU come out and say that it is actually only on par with current gen systems? And Nintnedo replied by saying they dont focus on specs. I am setting my expecttions really low with the WiiU and hoping to be surprised.
Well there were some anonymous quotes put out, but other devs have basically said that it's superior.
I mean, it's not gonna be a jump like this gen was.
But it's not gonna be like the Wii was, where they take a system they already had, increase the clockspeed, add a few functions, increase the ram and call it a day.
And we don't really know which dev kit they had at the time, also the middleware wasn't optimized for the system which I think was part of the reason for some of the "on par" quotes.
But there is one thing for sure, there WILL be games that look better than current gen.
Just saw that you caved in and bought the game, SNES. Glad you'll be able to finish now. Put me in the game somewhere, it's an RPG so there should be room for everyone!
Three years from now when I'm done you'll be in it :jnc.
I hope buckethead has the love story in the game.
:jnc
RT @AdamSchefter: Class story of day: Buccaneers announced today that they signed former Rutgers DT Eric LeGrand, who was paralyzed in 2010.

Awesome
Very awesome.

Really great move by Schiano and Tampa.

Tampa deserves the division.

I will now be rooting for the Bucs to win their division.
Good, goooooood.

Top Bottom