• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Yeah, I'm talking about his playing weight. The big knock on Manning was that teams didn't know if he would be able to put on weight to be a consistent edge rusher. He tried playing bigger last year at NCSt. and for whatever reason couldn't. If he played 10 pounds heavier he is probably drafted in the second. I don't know how much more motivation you'll get than that.

He's not going to be playing on the edge at ILB.

I don't think it's a bad idea to move him to Safety especially since we're weak there, by the way. But Im just saying he's right in the range where he needs to be anyway, especially since our team is trying to get a bit speedier.

After seeing Hawk in coverage last year, we're going to want an ILB who can hang with TEs and can tackle (although that applies to a safety as well obviously). A lighter ILB who's good in coverage is just what we needed, as long as we bulk up at DL which I think we did. But I can definitely see him being used around the field in different ways.

eznark

Banned
He's not going to be playing on the edge at ILB.

I don't think it's a bad idea to move him there especially since we're weak at Safety, by the way. But Im just saying he's right in the range where he needs to be anyway, especially since our team is trying to get a bit speedier.

After seeing Hawk in coverage last year, we're going to want an ILB who can hang with TEs and can tackle. A lighter ILB who's good in coverage is just what we needed.

The problem is he is terrible in coverage, which is why I am saying he will be moved to a SS position and be used essentially as a comer be it on the edge or not. He's really only viable in coverage as a QB spy and maybe covering a slow TE.

Also, I don't know that he is too light or heavy, that's a meaningless number. I'm just saying it seems he fell to the Packers because of size concerns and that will probably use him in interesting ways, at least at first.

Well there were some anonymous quotes put out, but other devs have basically said that it's superior.
I mean, it's not gonna be a jump like this gen was.
But it's not gonna be like the Wii was, where they take a system they already had, increase the clockspeed, add a few functions, increase the ram and call it a day.
And we don't really know which dev kit they had at the time, also the middleware wasn't optimized for the system which I think was part of the reason for some of the "on par" quotes.
But there is one thing for sure, there WILL be games that look better than current gen.

I was just surprised to see quotes like that since i thought conole makers usually go overboard on dev kit specs. i really hope the wiiu kills it in every way. i want a 2d zelda for it so bad.

eznark

Banned
When I saw there was a "shooting" at Seau's house I figured someone was making a Belicheat joke. I never even considered it was an actual shooting...

eznark

Banned
The NFL needs to either start offering some kind of depression counseling to players, or drastically increase what they do offer.

What? Why? Seau made tens of millions of dollars, it's his responsibility to get counseling. The NFL isn't a lifetime babysitting service.

Sanjuro

Does this have anything to do with his SUV crash a couple years ago? It appears the signs have been there for years.

Fucking hell.

What? Why? Seau made tens of millions of dollars, it's his responsibility to get counseling. The NFL isn't a lifetime babysitting service.

I disagree. I think is a huge macho culture around sports in general and the NFL in particular, and there have been several cases now of players killing themselves. The NFL should do everything in their power to make sure stuff like this doesnt happen.

tc farks

I've never suffered from anything more than very minor bouts of depression that everyone experiences from time to time.

I am very thankful for that.

When Dave Duerson shot himself I came across something that I was just reminded of:

Duerson's brain will in fact be sent to Boston University's Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy. They have previously studied the brains of 14 NFL players and 13 of them were found to have CTE, a degenerative brain disease similar to Alzheimer's.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com...athy-nfl-players-brain-injuries#ixzz1tjptwFUK

This game takes an incredible toll on the body and mind. I hope players can find help.

Top Bottom