• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nike is suing Reebok over the fact that Reebok is selling Tebow Jets jerseys.

Nike claims that Reebok is only allowed to dump off old inventory now that they have the license that went into effect on March 1st. The NFL was selling Peyton Manning jerseys under their own label but were selling the Reebok branded Tebow jerseys (and still are). The suit itself mentions that the NFL PA said Reebok has no right to use Tebow's name on new Jets gear. And Nike is scheduled to unveil the new jerseys next Tuesday.

NFL did some really stupid shit. Reebok owns the rights to use NFL trademarks for the month of March (as it runs out at the end of March) but Nike now owns the rights to the NFL players names which started at the beginning of March.

Honestly I'm not sure why anybody would buy a jersey right now. I'm still thinking there will be some drastic changes because its Nike. Waiting till next week for my Tebow jersey!

h3ro

Honestly I'm not sure why anybody would buy a jersey right now. I'm still thinking there will be some drastic changes because its Nike. Waiting till next week for my Tebow jersey!

The NFL/multiple teams have already mentioned that there will be no drastic changes to team colors/designs.

The main change for most teams will be material, as Nike tends to use a much more matte material, at least for the bigger college programs. Reebok was already using a similar material with some teams, the Giants, Colts and Packers had lots of players using the different cut jersey. I believe the Giants were the only team to use the new material throughout the team though, with only Eli using the older version because of the the looser fit.

bionic77

3DS has plenty of good games.
I still have a shit load of DS games to play through and no time to do it.

Plus I want to wait for the inevitable second revision. Hopefully it improves as much as the Lite did compared to the OG DS. I am hoping they can get battery life to 8 hours. 6 is the minimum a handheld should be able to get.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The NFL/multiple teams have already mentioned that there will be no drastic changes to team colors/designs.

The main change for most teams will be material, as Nike tends to use a much more matte material, at least for the bigger college programs. Reebok was already using a similar material with some teams, the Giants, Colts and Packers had lots of players using the different cut jersey. I believe the Giants were the only team to use the new material throughout the team though, with only Eli using the older version.

Oh bummer. I was hoping every team would be wearing all kinds of crazy glow in the dark uniforms like Oregon does.

eznark

Banned
I still have a shit load of DS games to play through and no time to do it.

Plus I want to wait for the inevitable second revision. Hopefully it improves as much as the Lite did compared to the OG DS. I am hoping they can get battery life to 8 hours. 6 is the minimum a handheld should be able to get.

I think the battery issues are insanely overblown. I've had no issues whatsoever with battery life.

cajunator

Banned

I highly respect Browns fans. Up until recently the Saints had it rough (and probably this season will go down the shitter too and bring us back down to normalcy) but the Browns fans stick by an abysmal team year in and year out and actually watch the pure garbage that gets put on the field.
You guys are class. Mad respect for you.
Not that new guy from last year though.

Drew Brees needs to win. He is a sure fire Madden curse victim. Teams are going to fucking destroying that guy this year.

Madden_11_Drew_Brees_cover%5B5%5D.jpg

Madden 13 cover update:

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/20...advance-in-madden-nfl-13-cover-vote-campaign/

Arian Foster took out Tebow.

Cruz better not win.:(

America doesn't want the curse to go to Tebow.

I will freaking pissed if Cam wins and ends up blowing out his elbow like Jake did back in 07.

Drew Brees needs to win. He is a sure fire Madden curse victim. Teams are going to fucking destroying that guy this year.

There hasn't been a repeat cover victim star. Brees already got saddled with the curse once.

Canuck76

Banned
I don't think the rams can get rid of bradford. Dude frigging almost single handidly took that team straight to the playoffs his rookie year. Last year was a fluke, let him come back and see what he's got. I think he still has a TON of potential, and trading him would be a huge mistake.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

New OT rules passed. Same system for regular season as the postseason.

and now the game has truly passed McNabb by...

jmdajr

NFL owners vote to make regular-season overtime rules match the playoff format and have turnovers automatically reviewed

Well would you look at that..

can't worry if you are out of challenges..

eznark

Banned
I don't think the rams can get rid of bradford. Dude frigging almost single handidly took that team straight to the playoffs his rookie year. Last year was a fluke, let him come back and see what he's got. I think he still has a TON of potential, and trading him would be a huge mistake.

When healthy, he was better last year than his rookie year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Why would last year be a fluke and not the representation of what he actually is? And his rookie season was so ridiculously overrated to begin with.

Dude is shit. Maybe he looks less shitty if you put a cast around him but I doubt it.

Canuck76

Banned
Why would last year be a fluke and not the representation of what he actually is? And his rookie season was so ridiculously overrated to begin with.

Dude is shit. Maybe he looks less shitty if you put a cast around him but I doubt it.

I don't know about his O-line, but look at his receivers. Crap all around. Only offensive weapon that he really has is Jackson. Was it injury's or his o-line that let to him being crap last season? I didn't watch a ton of him last season but his rookie year he looked great.

Good spot for Brandon. Run first team in the Niners who'll gain a great pass blocker out of the deal. Curious what they ended up paying him. They made out with the Manningham deal.

We'll definitely be drafting an RB this year. Can Doug Martin please drop to pick #63, please? :)

BigAT said:
If you can't beat them, sign them?
Harbaugh is still bitter, too. All kinds of salt from him at the owners meeting:

Bart Hubbuch @NYPost_Hubbuch

Harbaugh insists ball didn't hit Williams on 3Q fumble. "That call was the opposite of 'irrefutable evidence.' It was refutable evidence."
Apparently he didn't bother to watch any tape of the game that clearly showed the ball hitting his knee.

images

TOTALLY refutable. :jnc

Plenty of bitching about the forward progress Bradshaw call, too. He calls it the "quickest whistle in the west".

*insert salt pic here*

bionic77

For sure. I'll definitely be buying the revision. The Zelda deal was simply too good to pass up.
I don't understand how you have this much free time.

Between work and taking care of the kids I don't have time to do anything in my free time.

Also T Brady for Madden cover with the long hair, in skinny jeans and wearing Uggs.

jakncoke

Banned

Between work and taking care of the kids I don't have time to do anything in my free time.

Also T Brady for Madden cover with the long hair, in skinny jeans and wearing Uggs.

sconi men just make the woman do this. under sconi bylaw his job as a parent was completed as soon as his seed planted.

eznark

Banned
^ That's partly true as well. My wife stays home with our daughter, so she takes care of the house and other little chores that I would normally have to do were she working.

I stay up late. On weekends I usually only sleep an hour or two. Before I met my wife, I was that way every night. I'd go to bed at 4, up at 5:30, to the gym at 6. Now, I'm softer but on the weekends I still stay up late.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

My daily commute is half of my gaming time at least.

Damn ez, you need more sleep than that.

jakncoke

Banned
^ That's partly true as well. My wife stays home with our daughter, so she takes care of the house and other little chores that I would normally have to do were she working.

I stay up late. On weekends I usually only sleep an hour or two. Before I met my wife, I was that way every night. I'd go to bed at 4, up at 5:30, to the gym at 6. Now, I'm softer but on the weekends I still stay up late.

how the fuck you survive on 1.5 hours sleep? meth much? Now the crazy elk pic smile makes sense to me

jakncoke said:
how the fuck you survive on 1.5 hours sleep? meth much?
3-4 hours a night here. That's nearly every night except I sleep in on the weekends for about 8 hours or so. I'll be up until 4-5am Friday/Saturday nights and sleep until noon. It sucks but it's the only way to get any free time with two kids. I've still managed to work my way through a good number of games even with a newborn.

EDIT: Update:

On the field refs will retain rights to review. The call for the booth to handle the review has been struck down.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/refs-retain-right-to-review-replays/

The on-field referee — not the official in the booth — will continue to handle replay reviews in the 2012 season after NFL owners voted down a proposal to revert to the old system of having an official upstairs handle replays.

The Buffalo Bills, who proposed the change, made a strong case that allowing the upstairs official to decide replay reviews would streamline the process and shorten the delays during games while the referee goes under the hood to review plays. But the Bills failed to persuade a three-fourths majority of their fellow teams to adopt the change.

bionic77

My daily commute is half of my gaming time at least.

Damn ez, you need more sleep than that.
Yeah he really does.

I never realized the benefit of sleep until I had twins. Now I treasure it!

Whenever I do get more free time I will probably use it to work out and play some sports before I use it on gaming.

Man getting old sucks. All this money and no time to enjoy it!

jakncoke

Banned
I get about 6-7, but I gotta train my body to get what you guys get. It sucks having hardly any time to watch tv shows/movies shoot the shit with you clowns.

yacobod

Banned

This would be an interesting case study. How does sleeping 1-2 hours negatively effect your performance in the gym. I know it's hard to get in the recommended 8-10 hours a night, but 1-2 seems extreme.

For me, Super Mario 3D Land and all the old Advance Wars games I didn't get to play on the DS makes it worth it. The RE revelations demo wasn't too bad either.

These teams nowadays have no patience and think all these QBs can just come straight from college and start playing right away. I think Bradford could be decent given some time to develop.

:fmt

eznark

Banned
This would be an interesting case study. How does sleeping 1-2 hours negatively effect your performance in the gym. I know it's hard to get in the recommended 8-10 hours a night, but 1-2 seems extreme.

Sleep (or lack thereof) affects everyone differently. I was in the best shape of my life doing that schedule.

MechDX

ArianFoster If you believe in superstition, then we're all gonna die in December 2012 anyway right? Vote me on the damn Madden cover. #reversethecurse 19 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Arian is becoming a media whore.

DuoPalm.jpg

effzee

Eagles still hoping for Plax?

I bet the hope here is that IF no one else picks him up at the current market price (whatever that maybe for him) they would like to bring him in closer to training camp or start of the season.

Then again it could have been just a false rumor that never materializes. I don't mind if he isn't on the team, but considering our redzone troubles all these years (minus 2010-2011 during Vick's amazing run) it would be nice to finally have a huge target to throw the ball too.

Top Bottom