• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd drop Vereen. He's never going to be more than a platoon guy. VJAX might give you a couple more good years if they get the QB right

That's actually what I had been playing on doing for some time until recently. All the dynasty rankings show Vereen ranked much higher than V. Jax, but I agree with you.

Vereen as a fantasy player, even at his best, isn't that great..V. Jax is always a WR2, sometimes a WR1 depending on matchup..V. Jax is consistent whereas Vereen hasn't proven to be so.

Is the hype about Vereen real or not? Does he have better days in his future?

gutshot

Delmas to the Dolphins, Whitner to the Browns; what other teams need a safety? There was a report that the Rams checked in on Byrd, but I haven't heard anything since.

squicken

Just seemed a beat slow, as a half field or mof defender no thanks, in the box only.

I agree about the box safety role. That's the way STL and CAR used Mikell, and I think Delmas can play that well b/c he is physical. Not like they bet big on him, though I agree with YH, what's the hurry? He's injury prone and I doubt anyone else was beating down his door if he took a one year deal

cdyhybrid

Also 9ers looking to sign Nolan Carroll please do it!! DO IT!!!!!!!!

Oh gosh, please please please please

4ORccWR.jpg

Assuming the Panthers cut Steve Smith, here are their wide receivers on the roster as of tomorrow at 4:

Marvin McNutt
Tavarres King
R.J. Webb
Kealoha Pilares
Brenton Bersin
Toney Clemons

rFBam_medium.gif

Gross. S/O to Kealoha Pilares though, FROM: Hawaii!

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 5m
On Smith's jersey not being online @ Panthers team store:He's going through process of changing name to Steve Smith Sr. Could be part of it.

lol

Nice!

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 1m
RT @AdamSchefter: Giants G Chris Snee restructured his contract, lowering his salary from $7.2 million to $1.1 million + $1M of incentives.
That's a massive chunk of cap space. Need to hear more but Snee only had one year left on his deal. That's a pay cut unless they added a voidable year which is doubtful. Snee knows he's done after 2014.

Drakeon

Vontae Davis close to deal per Florio, but not w/ Colts. Hoping he comes to the Bay to play with his brother. Don't want to have to address safety and corner in the draft and Vontae strikes me as one of the better FA CB's available (although to be honest I'm not sure who all is besides Verner, Tarrelle Brown, and Carlos Rogers).

Tenumi

Banned
Can't say I'm sad that Delmas signed with Miami. When he's on, he can be pretty good, a difference maker. Problem is his health. Don't know how he lasted all 16 games last season with the way his knees supposedly are. Also, he can be a bit of a blind missle at times (Like concussioning a CB on his own team...)

It's a one year prove-it deal pretty much, though, so hey, not that big of a burn if it goes wrong.

Congrats on resigning Chad Henne.

Poor Henne, he didn't deserve that :( a back up job with a better run organization would have been nice for him.

Vontae Davis close to deal per Florio, but not w/ Colts. Hoping he comes to the Bay to play with his brother. Don't want to have to address safety and corner in the draft and Vontae strikes me as one of the better FA CB's available (although to be honest I'm not sure who all is besides Verner, Tarrelle Brown, and Carlos Rogers).

Get ready to be extremely frustrated with his playing.

Ike Taylor staying with the Steelers. Took a paycut:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m
Ike Taylor agreed to paycut to stay in da Burgh. Smart move. Loves team. Has HOF coordinator. Market already glutted with older corners

Also, Steve Weatherford apparently took a pay cut for the Giants:

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 3m
To reiterate, we are told that Giants punter Steve Weatherford also took a pay cut, though I do not have the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom