• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Check that Dolphins, Chargers and the Bears have surfaced as possible Earl Mitchell landing spots. #Texans
--Twitter

I still don't get the love. He was a fan favorite because he has Barry Whites voice, we called him EMFM, but he wasn't that great.

Check that Dolphins, Chargers and the Bears have surfaced as possible Earl Mitchell landing spots. #Texans
--Twitter

I still don't get the love. He was a fan favorite because he has Barry Whites voice, we called him EMFM, but he wasn't that great.
Players leave the Texans and het better. It is the way of the world.

Players leave the Texans and het better. It is the way of the world.

Except when they go to Miami, in which case they get paid retirement. I don't get Hickey though...you have starks and soliai, with soliai wanting to stay in Miami...why go anywhere else?? A cheaper lesser version isn't a good reason to degrade an already bad defense.

Colasante

Negotiations between the Patriots and Edelman are ongoing. Pats getting aggressive in final 24 hours before free agency.

I’m told there’s a strong push to sign Edelman. Situation is fluid, but told “the music is still playing."

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I still love Minitron and would like him back, but I'll balk if they give him anything approaching Amendola's contract. Edelman is replaceable.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Source: #Bears are now targeting #Raiders star defensive end Lamarr Houston after missing out on Michael Bennett. They are pushing hard

Houston is younger, but I'd still wonder why Reggie didn't care that he left

MechDX

Posted?

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein · 4h
Texans sniffing around in free agency on offensive side of the ball according to source. The name I'm hearing wouldn't have fit with Kubiak

Speculation it is McCluster.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Feels good not having to worry about having to find a franchise QB or overpaying average defensive ends, when we already have the best defensive lineman in the league.

Also feels good looking at that WR corp for the Panthers. One less team to worry about in the NFC.

With the 10th pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Detroit Lions select Mike Evans from Texas A&M.

Feels good not having to worry about not having a franchise QB or overpaying defensive ends, when we already have the best defensive lineman in the league.

Also feels good looking at that WR corp for the Panthers. One less team to worry about in the NFC.

With the 10th pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Detroit Lions select Mike Evans from Texas A&M.
Thoughts on Delmas, good sir?

Was it? Who did they beat in the championship? I try to forget those dark times....
I have more work to do than there are hours in the day (its 24 Gata), but let me give some brief thoughts on this.

Kave you are from Canada and I expect you have a lot of questions about things we Americans take for granted. Such as who cured AIDS (Magic Johnson), the proper container for milk (plastic) and of course everything about football which is foreign and exotic for our neighbors in the north. This is expected and nothing to be ashamed of. Similarly we have to patiently explain the benefits of flossing to Brits, why it is recommended to shower every single day to Euros, and why you shouldn't shoot that black teenager walking on the sidewalk to the subhumans from Florida.

Now remember that professional football as we know it was invented in 1966. Before that games were played in barns ("indoor") and in backyards to dozens of empty benches. Cheese was awarded to the winning team explaining why the Packers were the dominant team in what is commonly known as the "high school era". The game quickly evolved in the Super Bowl era into the greatest sport in human history. There were some dominant teams and for most of the 80s the NFC made the AFC its bitch but the game was fair and anything could truly happen on any given Sunday. Some teams showed thuggery but everything was fine with the world and football until the year 2001.

To you Canadians 2001 was just another year but to Americans this was a low point. All of our despair can be traced to Boston (the airport and the football franchise). Tammy V. Brady was drafted low out of Michigan in 2000 as a backup to the great and venerable Drew Bledsoe. A man with a cannon of an arm and good moral character. Brady on the other hand could not start in college and had zero athleticism coming into the pros and already had a reputation for stabbing his teammates in the back. He was most known for having flabby tits and love handles and for being too slow for the radar gun to clock accurately. Brady's arrival to the den of evil happened at the same time as good ol Bill "I would like to fuck your mother" Bellicheck. Bill was Parcells errand boy and sucked a fat one as a headcoach before coming to Boston. The Pats were not a good team that year and went into the playoffs without much fanfare and no way of predicting what evil was to follow.

Their first crime came against Oakland. Oakland won the game by all rights, but Tammy, the league and Bill stole the game in front of the whole nation by inventing a new rule. It was called the Fuck the Raiders rule and was somewhat controversial. Its complicated but basically the Raiders stripped the ball from Brady on a strip sack. The Raiders should have had the ball and we should have had the memory of Brady walking off the field in the tears. Instead the refs cited the above FTRR and gave the ball back to the Pats who then proceeded to kick a 50 yard FG through the snow (some say this was accomplished by rockets but there is no proof for that so lets give Adam credit for that amazing kick). The Pats went on to win the Superbowl that year defrauding the 2 best teams in football in the process. Many debate which crime was worse. Now remember Kave this is 2001, before the league changed the rules. Tom Brady was a system qb and whose best talent was checking down. The Pats had a mediocre offense and could not move the ball in the AFC Championship. Brady was really sucking serious balls. But unfortunately the fix was in and the Pats won on special teams (the Pats codename for the refs). The Steelers were a far superior team but in this game and almost came back despite the treachery but we deserved the loss because on one hit we went a little low on Brady and it resulted in a direct hit on the vagina. This will seem like a story to you now but back then you were allowed to hit qb's, even fragile Tammy (shows you how long ago this was). This ended up being a mistake because the Pats and their special teams had used up all their tricks so we would have gone on to come back and win the game but because of that injury the Pats put in a real qb who put the final stake in the coffin. The Pats then went on to rob the Rams in the SB. Obviously having stolen their plays before the game. Brady was unable to put the ball into he endzone and was saved by his FG kicker when the game was on the line (this happened in all of their tainted wins). While everyone knew that a robbery had happened and that evil was beginning to take over the NFL, most stood silent and were afraid to say anything.

The Pats continued their thuggery into the 2000s and went on to win 2 of the next 3 Superbowls. They committed grave and heinous crimes against Indiana, Pennsylvania (on multiple occasions), Carolina and Tennessee among others. New England and ESPN (their unofficial mouthpiece) perpetuated the lie that New England was a team to be emulated and came up with the saying "the Patriot way" as if it was something to emulate. To my ears it sounded like gross propoganda. But many ignorant NFL fans were buying this nonsense and the league was losing its moral compass.

Into this mess stepped the greatest handball player of all time. Jake Plummer. Jake was known for a few big college wins but the Pats entered the 2005 postseason with never having lost a postseason game. Men were chopping off their dicks to be like Brady and trying to fuck their friends mothers to be like their coach. The Pats refs were unable to make the trip due to mechanical difficulties and the game was played on a level playing field with refs who were ignorant of the league's policy of allowed the Pats to have their way. The Pats were embarrassed and the Steelers went on to end the Broncos run and the Pats reign of terror of over. The Pats owner had spent all of his cheese money to kill his wife and to buy off the league. Shortly after this failure the league released the sordid details of what "the Patriot way" really stood for. It stood for PEDs, it stood for devilry and gender confusion, it stood for fucking a married and pregnant woman in the ass and then releasing the video on the internet, and most of all it stood for cheating. Unfortunately the full extent of their cheating can never be known because the league destroyed the evidence shortly after announcing the teams punishment. As the leagues punishment all of Tom Bradys Sex in the City DVDs were destroyed and Bill Belichick had to actually sleep with his own wife for a change.

The Pats were finished as a team and Brady and Bill were exposed as liars, cheats and frauds. The league turned against them en masse. Brady the great was outplayed by Mark Sanchez and Eli Goober Manning during championship moments. Without a kicker and the refs to bail him out, his subpar skills were not enough to win the game. The Pats defense went from the best in the league to a running joke once the cameras were taken away. When the Pats swindled Oakland for the 2nd time in 2007 and got Randy Moss for nothing, they ran up the score and embraced their roles as the NFLs villain. Only to be stopped by the virgin.

This is but a small part in the story of why the Pats are evil. I was one of the first to expose their ways back in 2004. I was ridiculed at the time but now my views have taken hold and are accepted by all reasonable people.

Kave I hope this explains why we hate Tom Brady and why showers are essential.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Thoughts on Delmas, good sir?

A great leader, passionate about the game and I always liked him. However he is injury prone, and sometimes goes for big hits as opposed to wrapping up and bringing a guy down.

He is a great locker room presence though, and was a key leader on our defense when Mayhew drafted him in 2009 after we drafted Stafford and Pettigrew at #1 and #20.

If healthy, once every 3 to 4 games he can have a huge turnover.

For the price you guys got him (1 year 3.5 Million?) I think he could be a good investment if he can stay healthy.

A great leader, passionate about the game and I always liked him. However he is injury prone, and sometimes goes for big hits as opposed to wrapping up and bringing a guy down.

He is a great locker room presence though, and was a key leader on our defense when Mayhew drafted him in 2009 after we drafted Stafford and Pettigrew at #1 and #20.

If healthy, once every 3 to 4 games he can have a huge turnover.

For the price you guys got him (1 year 3.5 Million?) I think he could be a good investment if he can stay healthy.
Good stuff, thanks!

Sanjuro

People are posting True Detective spoilers in here! I was just bitched out by someone in the NHL thread for doing so.

You monsters.

WedgeX

Banned

That's the hard part. Everyone knows he has a degenerative knee disease. Its never doing to get better, and he only made one full season out of five. The only way to keep his knee healthy is to keep him off the field, which kills gelling with his fellow safety and cornerbacks. I love Delmas, but his knee issues are serious business.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Well I'm a year late but I just finished Bioshock Infinite.

Now I'm kind of sad that Irrational is gone. Bizarre ending though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Damn I'm finally excited for football again, I've gotten my hopes up a bit only to most likely have them crushed tomorrow. I think the pats should grab Holmes, let Edelman walk and grab either nicks or britt on a one year deal. If they can they should load up on defense and get a bunch of bargain guys for offense, at least somebody who knows how to catch the ball. Of course this is all contigent on Gronk staying healthy (if he even gets there), which probably won't happen. I believe this is the year people finally start jumping ship on Gronk.

rando14

Feels good not having to worry about having to find a franchise QB or overpaying average defensive ends, when we already have the best defensive lineman in the league.

Kas I thought we were boys ;_;

BTW are you ready for Dark Souls 2 brother, GAAAAH IM SO PUMPED

VIDEO GAMES!!

brentech

If the best d-line in the league and a franchise QB get you to close the season out with 4 losses missing the playoffs, then damn, sounds like you got a good deal!

Farooq

Banned
Tony Romo met with David Cutcliffe while at Duke...trying to learn that Manning secret sauce?

Edit: Apparently this is old news and already posted in this thread.

They won 12 games with a below average WR corp outside of an old Steve Smith. This Panthers team will always be ground-and-pound/ball control/lean on the defense to win games.

No one expects them to turn into the Packers.

JABEE

Bucs want to trade Revis bad!

Alex Marvez said:
Again, @TBBuccaneers really trying hard to trade Darrelle Revis. Hoping to strike a deal pretty quickly. Not sure of suitors yet

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/443186590333300736

Sounds like they want money to use in free agency.

LaCanfora says some teams think they will release him.

Jason LaCanfora said:
Several teams interested in Revis believe ultimately Bucs might simply release him. That coupled with his high salary complicates trade talk

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/443186221737840640

rando14

My CE from Amazon still doesn't have an estimated delivery date. :(

Yeah I have to wait for Best buy to ship mine. It has expedited shipping though so hopefully it gets here fast!!

Btw is your PSN same as your gaf user name?

Bucs want to trade Revis bad!

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/443186590333300736

Sounds like they want money to use in free agency.

LaCanfora says some teams think they will release him.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/443186221737840640

Whoa actually releasing revis? crazy...

Teams with franchise QBs don't miss the playoffs, brah. With Megatron to throw to, the "best defensive lineman in the league", Rodgers out for several games and rest of the division sucking. I've never seen a division so gift wrapped before and you still blew it. Fatford is solid in FF and that's it at this point. Stats don't mean shit when you don't win ;D

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I still think the Raiders are really the only team that makes sense in a Revis trade. They have the need and the money.

Yeah right I'd kill for Revis. Pats should snag him let Edelman walk, grab a couple bargain bin receivers in Holmes/britt/nicks on short term deals, and hope to god Gronk stays healthy.

I should pick up Dark Souls 2, but I lost complete interest in my PS3 when PS4 came out, even though I've barely touched my PS4 in the last month. Plus I don't have that much money right now since I have Infamous: Second Son preordered.

gutshot

Revis is going to get cut. The market for him should be interesting.

@AdamSchefter said:
Short of a trade in the next two days, the Buccaneers are expected to release CB Darrelle Revis by 4 p.m. Wednesday, per league sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom