• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread - Who cares who won we got a draft to prepare for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
snes is having a mental breakdown. Pray for him.

Seriously or are you guys bullshitting?

Hey, if the guy needs some serious help I'm here to support him. Whats going on? Can anyone PM me IRC channels or discussions? We all bullshit here and there but if jak needs some serious help lets see what we can do.

I've been in bad situations in the past myself so again if the guy needs help there is someway we can do it.

Syrinx

He's not busted though.

What a shortsighted trade by the Bucs. Never understood it to be honest.

Purely on paper it made sense. Revis was the best in the league prior to his injury, and the Bucs were coming off a season where they looked quite good for a stretch, but ultimately fell apart thanks in no small part to an abysmal secondary. Seriously, by the end of the year our #1 CB was an undrafted rookie; not a terrible one but not nearly good enough to fill that role.

Colasante

Revis is my dream. Let me dream Gata.

Revis is a selfish ass who consistently puts his own needs over the needs of his teams and cares about nothing besides money. I don't care that he's a Hall of Fame cornerback, at $16 million, or even at a reduced rate of $12 million or so, I don't want him anywhere near the Patriots.

JABEE

Hey, if the guy needs some serious help I'm here to support him. Whats going on? Can anyone PM me IRC channels or discussions? We all bullshit here and there but if jak needs some serious help lets see what we can do.

I've been in bad situations in the past myself so again if the guy needs help there is someway we can do it.

I think he's going to be okay. He did say he was going to become a Jaguars fan. I'm not sure if that is a warning sign or not.

cdyhybrid

It's not serious. He's just raging at the Bucs/Revis situation.

What is max?

I didn't know we were that close but I'll work on it tomorrow and post it tomorrow night.

PM me your team's greatest need and favorite draft prospect

cdyhybrid

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1m
Source tells PFT Redskins did not have $1.3 million in cap space to carry over; they were actually $834,732 over the 2013 cap. Story coming.

Edit:
What is max?

I didn't know we were that close but I'll work on it tomorrow and post it tomorrow night.

20K posts, so another 6 pages or so (100ppp).

squicken

This moment Fox feels, I am happy for him. Jets fleeced the Bucs. But I worry the other shoe is Revis to the Pats and Schoob to the Jets

FA is tomorrow. We will fly past 20k by mid-day

Dragon

Banned

You make it really hard to roll my eyes at your posts when you're sincere and genuine.

LJ11

Purely on paper it made sense. Revis was the best in the league prior to his injury, and the Bucs were coming off a season where they looked quite good for a stretch, but ultimately fell apart thanks in no small part to an abysmal secondary. Seriously, by the end of the year our #1 CB was an undrafted rookie; not a terrible one but not nearly good enough to fill that role.

I still think Revis has a lot to offer, and his decline is rather exaggerated, more so a product of his injury history rather than his actual play, but Revis wasn't going to change their main problem, QB 1.

Guess the FO weren't fans of the '13 draft class, and Revis is a difference make no question about it. He changes the numbers for a defense. New regime, so they're starting fresh. Hopefully you guys have a good draft, bunch of talent already.

Bucs need to spend big on one random player every year to reach the cap floor. Jackson, Winslow, Revis, etc

Seems so. Bad teams often try to make splashes, all too familiar, lol.

Bucs have some really good players though.

SS1.gif

tocry.png

On a bum knee no less. (What a ball though! I love my QB)

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Santonio still has plenty left in him. He's been paired with garbage teams/qbs and mentally checked out, I would love the pats to grab him.

edit- at no point in his career has Tate even been close to Santonio.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You make it really hard to roll my eyes at your posts when you're sincere and genuine.

To tell you the truth I had a long day, and a few beers, and I read SNES as jak. I got them mixed up. SNES is depressed because he has a goofy looking mediocre QB and a cheap owner.

From what I've heard jak does need some sort of help.

There are a couple of things I'm dead serious about; the state of the Detroit Lions, Matthew Stafford, Ndamakong Suh and getting people with drug/alcohol issues help.

squicken

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/ind...po.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- It's a "serious possibility'' that the Browns will sign Texans veteran quarterback Matt Schaub to compete with Brian Hoyer, a league source told cleveland.com.

Schaub, an 11th-year pro, flourished under Browns offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan in Houston, playing some of his best ball under the Browns' new playcaller.

-----

But one thing is certain: Shanahan knows how to bring out the best in Schaub. In his three seasons under Shanahan, his ratings were 87.2, 92.7 and 98.6.

5mPQjR9.gif

cdyhybrid

Bradshaw to Swann
Montana to Rice
Brady to whoever
Schaub to Tate

....it just flows...

Golden Tate was a Super Bowl MVP?

Stonio was a high profile guy when the Jets got him. Tate at his best is just a guy.

How is Tate like Santonio? Just small you mean or in attitude?

Santonio still has plenty left in him. He's been paired with garbage teams/qbs and mentally checked out, I would love the pats to grab him.

edit- at no point in his career has Tate even been close to Santonio.

Actually, did Golden Tate even PLAY in the Super Bowl?

Do you have the one where he burns the DB then points at him repeatedly? Love that one.

fwOXDux.gif

HoyerOF will easily beat out Schoob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom