• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp Thread |OT| - Make America Great For Once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo

Chris I want in that taco bell league

tony-romo-fat-500x348.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
That's Chris's goal

My goal is to look like NFL GAF's mascot

c4s_freeman121509_98586a_8col.jpg

Not a mascot, an icon. The QB Class of 2009 is one for the ages.

Lions RB Ameer Abdullah brimming with Muhammad Ali-like confidence

Ameer Abdullah was in a rut last year.

The rookie wall had come crashing down on him as fumble problems gave coaches a reason not to trust him, and in turn he started losing confidence in himself.

He fumbled once in the Detroit Lions’ season-opening loss to the San Diego Chargers, and twice more a few weeks later in a blowout defeat to the Arizona Cardinals. Even when the Lions finally won a game in Week 6 against the Chicago Bears, Abdullah’s day was spoiled by more ball security issues when he fumbled in the third quarter — the Lions recovered — and spent most of the rest of the game on the bench.

Sometime last November, when Abdullah was still in Jim Caldwell’s doghouse, he had a conversation with soon-to-be Hall-of-Fame running back LaDainian Tomlinson that lifted him out of his self-imposed pity.

“LaDainian straight up told me, he was like, ‘Bro, I think you’re overthinking it,’ ” Abdullah said. “You’re here for a reason. You’re wearing No. 21 for a reason.’ That’s what he was saying. And that kind of just like, ‘Boom. Alright, L.T. I appreciate it.’”

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...oit-lions-ameer-abdullah-confidence/88360652/

BigAT

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Both organizations very concerned about playing surface and there are real questions about whether tonight's game will be played.

This is the perfect outcome for such a meaningless game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom