• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Pro Bowl Week: Neon Deion vs. The Fumbling Fraud

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Lunchbox is going to be a CPA?

He seems more like one of those horribly out of touch finance majors who are dreaming of making millions on Wall Street. He's also out of touch if he thinks he's going to be a partner in a firm....that's the lie they tell you when you're hired! It's like being an officer in the Army and believing you're going to be a general.

ICE ain't hiring now. Yeah, sequestration sucks right now. I've tried Raytheon, Booz Allen, but nothing.

and I'd be a step up above weeden. That's if they let me use a Jr football for my small hands.

ICE ain't hiring now. Yeah, sequestration sucks right now. I've tried Raytheon, Booz Allen, but nothing.

and I'd be a step up above weeden. That's if they let me use a Jr football for my small hands.

What about BI? She wasn't affected by the government shut down, they list 24 jobs in Florida. I know it's a long shot but good luck in your search!

Yep, pensions rock. I've got one that I can draw on that's 2/3rds of my highest 12 months of salary at the age of 56. Plus you can retire and then continue to work while double dipping. Pensions are a dinosaur and anyone who has one is incredibly lucky.

Yours is even better than mine, which is 50% of my last 36 months averaged out. It does go up another 2.5% per year after that, but in all honesty I'm probably better off splitting at 20, taking the 50%, and taking on another full time job.

The way I see it, every day I stay passed 20 I'm working for half my paycheck...literally.

If you're willing to relocate there are tons of contractor positions here in DC. I have a real nice gig here that I would absolutely hate to leave (that's despite the fact that I don't even like the area that much)

I just got hired by a defense contractor in the StL area.

But you'd have to live in StL. Pass.

Yep, pensions rock. I've got one that I can draw on that's 2/3rds of my highest 12 months of salary at the age of 56. Plus you can retire and then continue to work while double dipping. Pensions are a dinosaur and anyone who has one is incredibly lucky.
I feel like the "pensions are a dinosaur" thing is loser talk and it's all cyclic, and unions will be strong again one day and all will be unicorns and rainbows.

But maybe I'm not being realistic.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yours is even better than mine, which is 50% of my last 36 months averaged out. It does go up another 2.5% per year after that, but in all honesty I'm probably better off splitting at 20, taking the 50%, and taking on another full time job.

The way I see it, every day I stay passed 20 I'm working for half my paycheck...literally.

The best thing about your pension is leaving at 44 to do whatever you want. You can start a business, a non-profit, or pursue a dream job that maybe doesn't pay very much. That kind of freedom is incredible!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I feel like the "pensions are a dinosaur" thing is loser talk and it's all cyclic, and unions will be strong again one day and all will be unicorns and rainbows.

I think what's crazy about mine is that I'm a state auditor so it's very unusual to see pensions given out to white collar jobs. Or at least that's what I've been led to believe.

Godslay

Banned
I am buying you a ticket to come to Toronto so I can fight you! How dare you say this!

HOW DARE YOU!

Good. I'm undefeated against Canadians.

I've never fought a Canadian.

Seriously though he doesn't seem that bad as far as getting things done. Sure it might be embarrassing that he's a wildcard in his personal life, but most politicians seem like sociopaths anyways.

simples

Banned
He's also out of touch if he thinks he's going to be a partner in a firm....that's the lie they tell you when you're hired! It's like being an officer in the Army and believing you're going to be a general.

not when you inherit the firm
2wqd44zpnkon.gif

JABEE

What will this thread be like in OT for a week? I anticipate carnage and hurt feelings.

Who is going to start the Greg's Ping Pong and Other Feats of Strength OT in Community?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What will this thread be like in OT for a week? I anticipate carnage and hurt feelings.

Who is going to start the Greg's Ping Pong and Other Feats of Strength OT in Community?

Make sure to get out all your insular feelings before the thread goes up.

Godslay

Banned
He doesn't love the game. Never has.

Seems that way. I'm sure there are plenty of guys like that around the league. It's interesting for DRC though because he is due for a payday if he sticks around might not be the Broncos but someone would likely pay him $7 or $8 million a year.

50k a year IS doing nothing. you seriously still think that is wealth dont you. please google stock options. but then again you cant type 2 sentences without an third grade 50k year level "insult", why am i expecting you to read a 2 paragraph long article

Holy shit, you seriously did not just accuse someone else of using third grade insults. This is the most meta post ever.

JABEE

Seems that way. I'm sure there are plenty of guys like that around the league. It's interesting for DRC though because he is due for a payday if he sticks around might not be the Broncos but someone would likely pay him $7 or $8 million a year.

DRC is so damn talented. He's faster than Desean Jackson and he has great ball skills. He just for some reason takes games off. At the end of last season, he was just going through the motions. He had a great start to the year and just gave up.

I always wonder how good he could be with the athletic ability he has if only he played with the same intensity every game.

bionic77

I just got hired by a defense contractor in the StL area.

But you'd have to live in StL. Pass.

Unions are dead and pensions are not financially sustainable. So many state governments are broker than a GAFer after a console launch because of guaranteed pensions. They only work if you keep growing tax revenues and the projections they are based on were all made by lunchbox level liars.

If you have a pension be happy you got in while you still could. That shit won't exist after a few more decades.

Talon

There aren't enough :Kas for this, my friend.

Congrats on the new job, though!

JABEE

Man that show went to shit fast, what a shame

I never understood why it dropped off so fast. Did they fire their writers after one season? Did it have something to do with the strike? That's what happened with The Office. You can tell when the Writer's Strike happened. I believe it was half way through Season 3.

Unions are dead and pensions are not financially sustainable. So many state governments are broker than a GAFer after a console launch because of guaranteed pensions. They only work if you keep growing tax revenues and the projections they are based on were all made by lunchbox level liars.

If you have a pension be happy you got in while you still could. That shit won't exist after a few more decades.
There aren't enough :Kas for this, my friend.

Congrats on the new job, though!
I didn't say the tide would turn in my lifetime!

I never understood why it dropped off so fast. Did they fire their writers after one season? Did it have something to do with the strike? That's what happened with The Office. You can tell when the Writer's Strike happened. I believe it was half way through Season 3.

If that why the office became so shitty?? I almost made it all the way through but I couldn't continue the final season, I stopped about 3 episodes in, it was just so god awful

Narag

Yes, writers strike fucked season two.

Godslay

Banned
DRC is so damn talented. He's faster than Desean Jackson and he has great ball skills. He just for some reason takes games off. At the end of last season, he was just going through the motions. He had a great start to the year and just gave up.

I always wonder how good he could be with the athletic ability he has if only he played with the same intensity every game.

He's been excellent this year imo. Pretty consistent as well. PFF has him ranked third behind 1. Revis and 2. Sherman for what it's worth.

Top Bottom