• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Bobby Mac suggesting Stewart AND Moulson to Ottawa. That would be a pretty huge trade.

Curufinwe

HAHAHAHAHA OTT

Fucking great that piece of shit is in division now. God fucking damn it blues, we got rid of Downie and you bring in Ott?

I am not pleased. Blues just became the team to beat. Dealing with Chicago + STL is going to fucking SUCK.

You can have Downie back for a 7th. His two concussions in Philly have pretty much ruined him.

Hopefully this puts pressure on Joe to bring in a defenseman. We can't fuck around anymore, need to stay competitive or what the fuck was the point of the last 6 years?

Socreges

Banned
St. Louis
Anaheim
Chicago
San Jose
LA

No way the Canucks are beating any of them in a 7-game series. We've had the Blues' number this season, mysteriously, but with Miller now.... Jesús.

Time to start mail spamming Canucks head office with rebuild requests. So afraid they're just going to tinker when an overhaul is what's needed.

Socreges

Banned
Hopefully this puts pressure on Joe to bring in a defenseman. We can't fuck around anymore, need to stay competitive or what the fuck was the point of the last 6 years?
Your core is fucking young. I'm sure Avs management isn't thinking Cup run this year.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Going from dead last in the west to 5th isn't good enough for ya?

I'm not saying you have all the pieces, but I suspect Avs management would rather be patient and add pieces through the draft and free agency.

I don't want to end up in a situation where we're waiting for some free agent to come along and get left behind. This division is fucked, standing still for too long is a mistake.

Solo

Here's a depressing stat:

Carey Price will reach Ken Dryden's # of games played next season.

Carey Price: 358 GP, 0 Cups
Ken Dryden: 397 GP, 6 Cups

I know, different eras/Habs 70's dynasty etc., but still.........fuck we need another Cup :_(

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Here's a depressing stat:

Carey Price will reach Ken Dryden's # of games played next season.

Carey Price: 358 GP, 0 Cups
Ken Dryden: 397 GP, 6 Cups

I know, different eras/Habs 70's dynasty etc., but still.........fuck we need another Cup :_(

Yeah, poor you.

It's going to be a great post-season, and I'm a Sabres fan.

Miller tearing shit up in the West should be great fun! Murray needs to get more done just for fun, GAF.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think it's cool that the Blues are contenders without a #1C
St Louis is tied for 2nd most goals in the league, and Backes is one of the best two way centers in the league. Their lack of a true #1 isn't as big of a deal.

All the contenders have weaknesses but they're so deep and talented they can overcome those (except maybe LA's lack of scoring). A hot goalie/player winning a playoff series almost single-handedly is going to be exceedingly rare (at least in the West). Welcome to the new NHL.

Quick

Banned
NHL March 2014 |OT| Lousy Smarch Deadline
NHL March 2014 |OT| The C on Steve Ott's jersey stands for Cun-St. Louis
NHL March 2014 |OT| Snow is melting, Leafs are growing
NHL March 2014 |OT| Leafs: Canada's best hope for a Cup
NHL March 2014 |OT| One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Prospect
NHL March 2014 |OT| KESSSSEEEEELLLLLLLLL
NHL March 2014 |OT| To Kessel Is To Donut
NHL March 2014 |OT| ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO
NHL March 2014 |OT| LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY
NHL March 2014 |OT| How I Met Your Miller Season 1

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently we're playing the Sabres right now.

The "name 5 players of every NHL team" game is getting harder and harder the more people Buffalo trades.

Who's still left on that team besides Moulson, jeez.

With Allen and Binnington or whatever as prospects for St Louis they aren't going to want to sign Miller for more than like 2-3 years, right?

Add in his age and I cannot imagine he gets much longer, which makes the premium they gave for the trade a bit hard to swallow I think.

Top Bottom