• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Still have a hard time seeing them topping Chicago/Anaheim/LA when it counts. But who knows, maybe Miller will be the difference maker.
LA isn't in that class now. St Louis has to be a favourite with their depth and size, and Miller can be a game breaker.

Solo

LA isn't in that class now. St Louis has to be a favourite with their depth and size, and Miller can be a game breaker.

I know LA isn't setting the world on fire, but then again neither were they at this time in 2012, and we all know how that ended.

If this were 2010 Miller I'd be a lot more scared of STL.

I know LA isn't setting the world on fire, but then again neither were they at this time in 2012, and we all know how that ended.

He's the only reason Sabres won games. He's been playing out of his mind.

Holiday

Banned
It's nice to see them actually go for it for once, instead of being content to get bounced in the first or second round.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I am REALLY curious to see Miller's numbers on an actual team. His numbers are insane to be playing for a team as bad as Buffalo, if they go up for STL as they should the Vezina is his.

Red_Man

That was a miracle run where they got hot at the perfect timing, there's a reason they were the first 8th seed to ever win the cup. St Louis has unreal depth at all positions. Miller is playing as good as he did in 2010 right now.

Frankly, I won't be shocked if this year's cup final is a rematch of last year's cup final.

Haven't been following the east much, but is boston really far and away the favorites?

The west will be a bloodbath too. No guarantee the Hawks will come out of it.

I'd much rather play CHI than LA.

Honestly, I'd rather play you guys than LA. Anaheim is always weird against us, so I don't know about them.

HAHAHAHAHA OTT

Fucking great that piece of shit is in division now. God fucking damn it blues, we got rid of Downie and you bring in Ott?

I am not pleased. Blues just became the team to beat. Dealing with Chicago + STL is going to fucking SUCK.

Solo

Haven't been following the east much, but is boston really far and away the favorites?

The west will be a bloodbath too. No guarantee the Hawks will come out of it.

I see only 2 ways Boston DOESN'T come out of the east:

1. Pens finally man up and beat them.
2. This will sound homer-ish, but there is history behind it: if they meet Montreal. For whatever reason, Habs always have major upset potential versus the Bs.

Barring one of those occurring, yeah, Boston's going to the Cup. Again.

Smiley90

The Pens still have Fleury. Unless they play Philly 3 rounds in a row, they're not escaping the East. So it'll most likely be Boston.

Boston would lose a straight-up series against any of the top4 teams in the West by themselves, so it'll come down to how healthy/exhausted the winner of the West will be after a bloodbath 3 rounds.

I see only 2 ways Boston DOESN'T come out of the east:

1. Pens finally man up and beat them.
2. This will sound homer-ish, but there is history behind it: if they meet Montreal. For whatever reason, Habs always have major upset potential versus the Bs.

Barring one of those occurring, yeah, Boston's going to the Cup. Again.

I could see the second. Not the first.

Like I said, though, it's a toss-up as to who comes out of the West, I think. The Hawks, Ducks, Kings, Blues and Sharks are all really good. Phoenix could be dangerous and so could Colorado.

Miller salary retained (didn't need to be), so we could be doing something else as well.

Anyway, fuck Halak and Stewart. Good riddance.

Solo

I could see the second. Not the first.

Like I said, though, it's a toss-up as to who comes out of the West, I think. The Hawks, Ducks, Kings, Blues and Sharks are all really good. Phoenix could be dangerous and so could Colorado.

Boston going to the Cup is almost irrelevant, as I see each of CHI/ANA/STL/LA/SJ beating them.

Cup staying in the West this year.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
With Miller coming on board, do the Blues have a weakness anymore...?

Pie and Bow have been anchors
Backes and Oshie and others have been solid.

They kind of remind me of the Kings when they won it all...minus the coke of course.

Solo

Also, someone gets some logs.......Price/Halak in the same division, time to get that debate fired up again in the media!

With Miller coming on board, do the Blues have a weakness anymore...?

Pie and Bow have been anchors
Backes and Oshie and others have been solid.

They kind of remind me of the Kings when they won it all...minus the coke of course.

Center is still pretty weak. Ott basically replaces Sobotka at 3C. We still desperately need a legit 2C.

Red_Man

Murray is killing it in Buffalo. Sabre fans should be pleased with all these picks and prospects their getting, their rebuild shouldn't be too difficult.

Solo

Man, I hope all the trades go down like dominos in the next few days so that those blowhard morons at TSN once again have to fill 20 hours of fucking coverage discussing Team Canada's 2026 roster at the Olympics.

Quick

Banned
Also, someone gets some logs.......Price/Halak in the same division, time to get that debate fired up again in the media!

Halak%20stop%20sign.jpg

Smiley90

Murray is killing it in Buffalo. Sabre fans should be pleased with all these picks and prospects their getting, their rebuild shouldn't be too difficult.

Edmonton is sitting there looking at Scrivens and going "meh".

Good time to start becoming a Sabres fan. They know how to rebuild at least.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Did you see Brooksie's new article yet? Now he's saying we could add a "sweetener" for MSL.

Brooksie's in his "throwing shit at the wall" phase right now. Can't crank out multiple articles every day if you don't have something to talk about.

I don't see Sather giving anything of particular value away with Callahan. He's not trading him because he wants to, so he's not going to needlessly add any more than he has to to make said trade happen. Maybe a deep draft pick or some schlub from Hartford, but that's about it.

Red_Man

Bob McKenzie said:
I'm told there aren't likely to be any more BUF moves tonite. I'd say BUF will try to flip Jaro Halak to MIN and Chris Stewart to OTT.
Halak going on a world tour.

Brooksie's in his "throwing shit at the wall" phase right now. Can't crank out multiple articles every day if you don't have something to talk about.

I don't see Sather giving anything of particular value away with Callahan. He's not trading him because he wants to, so he's not going to needlessly add any more than he has to to make said trade happen. Maybe a deep draft pick or some schlub from Hartford, but that's about it.

Dater is always in that phase.

Not sure how good Carrier is, but I think the Sabres won that trade. Blues are still in good shape though, not having given up anyone of note.

West is going to be fun. I hope Gillis is looking at this and realizing that a few small moves are not going to get the Canucks past any of the contenders.

Penguins probably need a new coach and an upgrade in net to have a chance at Boston.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Center is still pretty weak. Ott basically replaces Sobotka at 3C. We still desperately need a legit 2C.
We have a bunch of legit 2Cs!!!

If that's the only weakness the blues have, I'd easily swap weaknesses for that.
Halak going on a world tour.
Wtf? So they are only getting him to ship him out? For what? More picks? I can't imagine many teams giving up a good young player or pick for Halak. Though Stewart is legit and could get a good price, but I think he's good to keep

Red_Man

Not sure how good Carrier is, but I think the Sabres won that trade.
In the long term, yea, but the Blues are going for a cup now, so this is what they needed to do to give themselves the best chance. They're my cup favourites now.

Top Bottom