• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

Marvie_3

Banned
I have tickets for a meaningful Blues / Predators game this Sunday afternoon. I sorta hate going to afternoon games, and the Cards home opener (vs Cubs) is a couple blocks away that evening, so it'll be a zoo downtown all day.

Should I ..

A) Go b/c it's a huge game and it's only traffic
B) Sell, be a bad fan, watch on TV
C) Fuck it, grab tickets for the Cards game too, and totally jack up my Monday
Obviously its C

Reckheim

He's 25 years old and getting a 7 year contract after one season in the NHL. How is that dumb?
If it's for 7 years he is most likely giving a discount to the leafs.

If I was him I'd take a 2-3 year deal and then get paid real money after the bridge contract. Based on how valuable defense is right now.

He is only 25. He doesn't need a 7 year contract right now.

Hes a lot better then a lot of people give him credit for.

Socreges

Banned
If it's for 7 years he is most likely giving a discount to the leafs.

If I was him I'd take a 2-3 year deal and then get paid real money after the bridge contract. Based on how valuable defense is right now.

He is only 25. He doesn't need a 7 year contract right now.

Hes a lot better then a lot of people give him credit for.
You're acting like he's 21 years old coming out of an ELC. Getting term after 1 year is a great move.

Reckheim

You're acting like he's 21 years old coming out of an ELC. Getting term after 1 year is a great move.
He's still young. He'll be in his prime for the next 7 years.

I just think he would get a lot more on the open market if he played his cards right.

Don't get me wrong tho, I'd love the leafs to sign him for 7 years. I'd be great.

Socreges

Banned
He's still young. He'll be in his prime for the next 7 years.

I just think he would get a lot more on the open market if he played his cards right.

Don't get me wrong tho, I'd love the leafs to sign him for 7 years. I'd be great.
You're shifting the goal posts. Point is this isn't a dumb move.

And of course he would get more in the open market. At least AAV, maybe not term. That's always how it works.

Quick

Banned
7-year deal for Zaitsev for $4.5m AAV is solid on the Leafs' end. I'm more curious about the other details, like NMC/NTC, if he's getting one.

imBask

Banned
HabsGAF we're in the Playoffs!

Let's celebrate

Skills-9098.gif

Top Bottom