• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup 2017 Finals [OT]- To Catch a Predator

purg3

slept with Malkin
LOL at little Cullen squirting gatorade on his Dad.

Still cant believe this. I've got to witness two back to back championships for this team.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I feel bad for Pekka.

I remember him talking about how he knew that he didn't have many chances left after losing to the Sharks last year. To make it to the final after all these years, only to fall short (especially after playing historically bad on the road) has to be absolutely crushing.

The silver lining is that maybe this will push Fisher toward sticking around another year while the Preds try to address their center depth issues.

Alucard

Banned
Do people actually buy hats like these?
thumb.aspx

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, condolences to you and yours.

I'll keep my fuck the Penguins to as much as a minimum as I can.

For like a day

But seriously, I'm happy for you to have this today. Have a safe trip up, RIP excel's Grandmother

Thanks man.

And thanks everyone.

Quick

Banned
LOL ESPN sneaked in that mic under Scott Oake and the camera guy tried to pan up to block it from view.

Local media guys are in too lol.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Have you guys ever seen a goal being granted as a result of a whistle being blown too late? Not me. Since "intent to blow the whistle" is a thing, you can't actually end up granting a goal for whistling too late. So the real issue is if a ref blows early, because there is no justification to do so considering the margin you'd get from "intent to blow the whistle".

And Jacque Martin with a second stanley cup.

PillarEN

Have you guys ever seen a goal being granted as a result of a whistle being blown too late? Not me. Since "intent to blow the whistle" is a thing, you can't actually end up granting a goal for whistling too late. So the real issue is if a ref blows early, because there is no justification to do so considering the margin you'd get from "intent to blow the whistle".

And Jacque Martin with a second stanley cup.

I'm all for it. I like the guy

Quick

Banned
Scott Oake looked pretty annoyed and got the fuck out of that Matt Murray interview as quickly as he can after ESPN and a couple of other media guys were siphoning soundbites from the interview.

Kessel two time champ, Schultz two time champs. Two guys given up on by Canadian teams sent to the Pens for relatively cheap both won two fucking cups

Alucard

Banned
Official hat, official tee, probably a back to back hat that they have.

BTW Murray became the first player ever to win two stanley cups as a rookie

This one?
thumb.aspx

Thinking about it. And the Blu-ray once it's out.

I'm so ready to do this again next season. Wonder if Kunitz and Cullen will return.

This one?
thumb.aspx

Thinking about it. And the Blu-ray once it's out.

I'm so ready to do this again next season. Wonder if Kunitz and Cullen will return.

Yeah I have every locker room tee in the Crosby era.

Cullen probably not, Kunitz who knows.

Sad there isn't a back to back hat.

Pens btw tied the Oilers all time in Cups.

Lemieux now has more cups overall than Wyane with 5 granted 3 are as an Owner

Pens are the first team to win a Stanley cup with a 6 man D where not a single one has every received even as much as a vote for a Norris trophy.... How

zroid

Banned
Get fucking Duncan Keith out of the Top 100

Malkin should be there instead

idk they could take out Keith but tbh most of the bad entries are the old farts

there should have been a lot more current players on the list. like how the fuck is Karlsson omitted? he's a top 3 RHD ever.

whew boy...Imma go shave, and Imma really enjoy it...Need to try and sleep for work...Dont expect that to go well.

So glad I went downtown to watch the game on the screen outside the arena. Atmosphere was incredible and getting to celebrate with the whole city was amazingly exciting.

Also unlike last year other than Tampa being a bit crazy of a series, we didnt just coast through at all. Washington, Nashville, and Ottawa put up insane fights. I dont think I needed the stress, but the excited relief I feel now is fantastic.

Velcro Fly

I can finally relax. It has been a mix of anxiety and dread every game for the past six weeks or so.

Think I'm going to pick up a shirt but I haven't decided which. I don't like championship hats very much. Everything else seems like overpriced crap.

This reminds me I was watching last year's championship DVD on youtube after game 5 and never finished it.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Pens never get past Washington without Fleury standing on his head. He was every bit as much of this playoff run as Murray. If he's gone, at least he was apart of this run.

No better way to end the fleury era. He didn't take us all the way but no way we get that far without him. Still can't believe we're here. I remember ever since 2010 we've been snake bitten in the playoffs.

2010 we lost to an 8th seed after leading 3-2

2011 Crosby was out and we lost a 3-1 series lead

2012 the freaking flyers score a gazillion goals and make us play thug hockey to pull off the huge upset

2013 we get swept by the bruins embarassingly

2014 we blow ANOTHER 3-1 series lead and another game 7 home loss

2015 just looked like we weren't going anywhere anytime soon as we barely got in the playoffs

And now BACK TO BACK! Fleury somehow got his groove back and shut down the capitals in another road game 7

Top Bottom