• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Finals 2016 |OT| Juicy Big Dick Hot Doggin' Commies with Bad Breath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Sorry Sharks-Gaf but this is just too good

13385726_1636632726660100_601111829_n.jpg

DAMN.

The Sharks' corpse was still fresh too.

3N16MA

Banned
Lovejoy and Malkin seemed the most excited during their interviews. Lovejoy comes full circle and gets his name on the cup.

Alucard

Banned
Also, congrats to the Toronto Maple Leafs for having a Stanley Cup champion on their payroll for the first time since 1967.

zroid

Banned
Fun table showing various people's / sites' playoff predictions, and how they compared to the results.

They're colour coded by whether the prediction was based on a statistical model, a bookmaker, a pundit's picks, or public polling.

Ck1nsvMUUAEzuF2.jpg:orig

Biggest upset was Islanders by far. Nobody had them winning.

Interestingly, Shorks winning in the 1st round was a minor upset, but they were HEAVILY favoured over the Preds in the 2nd round.

Heretic

I actually aped it from a Pens fan page. I wish I'd thought of it myself!

Mario and Sid. Love seeing this as a Pens fan. Multiple generations of champions.
sidney-crosby-of-the-pittsburgh-penguins-passes-the-stanley-cup-to-picture-id539787728

Kudos to Mario for sticking with Crosby after that whole concussion issue. Kind of felt like Crosby wasn't going to play again.

Do the core (letang, crosby, malkin, fleury) live in Pittsburgh proper or in one of the suburbs? When I visited there for the first time I was trying to figure out where a player would live based on the areas I saw (Downtown, Mount Washington, Lawrenceville, Strip District, North Oakland).

Futureman

Do the core (letang, crosby, malkin, fleury) live in Pittsburgh proper or in one of the suburbs? When I visited there for the first time I was trying to figure out where a player would live based on the areas I saw (Downtown, Mount Washington, Lawrenceville, Strip District, North Oakland).

Pretty sure most players would not live in Pittsburgh proper. I know back in the day Talbot lived in the South Side though.

That would be interesting to see. I doubt any live in my hood (North Side).

Makes sense. I didn't get a sense from those neighborhoods that it'd be a place guys would live. Maybe Murray since he bounced from AHL to NHL? On the showtime show it looked like he was living in a hotel.

Futureman

I think a lot of them live in Sewickley. That's where Lemieux has a house. Please don't leave Mario! We love you here! Stay! Don't sell! We'll build another statue of you. Bigger than the State of Liberty.

AlexMogil

Sewickley.

Interesting. I'm near NYC so it's not unusual for players to live in condos or penthouses right in Manhattan.

Hope to get back and visit the city again. I'd love to line up a hockey and baseball game (slowly getting into the Pirates, yanks are so f'n boring to watch) if/when I go back. I feel like I barely got to experience the city, but from what I saw I enjoyed it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom