• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddocks

I know I'm going to sound like a casual, but honestly I think I found my new sport to watch and root for. Hockey in general. I like basketball the best, but damn that shit has got soft, it hurts to watch. Time to move on from basketball and move on to baseball and hockey.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I know I'm going to sound like a casual, but honestly I think I found my new sport to watch and root for. Hockey in general. I like basketball the best, but damn that shit has got soft, it hurts to watch. Time to move on from basketball and move on to baseball and hockey.

Yeah, compare the NBA finals to the NHL finals and it's not even close this year.

Thing I like about hockey is that anyone can win and no series lead is safe. 3-1 deficits get erased all the time, low seeds win all the time.

Slurmer

Banned
You've made the right choice.

BqEKDQBCMAA1S7B.jpg

:(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, congrats
real
Kings-GAF! By FAR the best team we faced in these playoffs. Flat out better than us and thoroughly deserved. And 5 (well, 4, really) crazy exciting games.

Back to the drawing board.

Basketball is the fucking worst.

Roflobear

Hockey blows, dude. Turn back now

Clydefrog

Also, congrats
real
Kings-GAF! By FAR the best team we faced in these playoffs. Flat out better than us and thoroughly deserved. And 5 (well, 4, really) crazy exciting games.

Back to the drawing board.

This felt a lot like the Ducks series. Crazy games that could have gone either way.

I'm SO HAPPY it ended tonight. A Rangers win tonight and I might just decide to go to Brazil and stay there.

gg Rangers-GAF.

Clydefrog

my friend in LA is saying cops are riding by outside on speakers in his neighborhood

people are yelling/honking, but no rioting yet

Clydefrog

LOL YES A TOFFOLI INTERVIEW

"it's amazing"

"we worked as hard as we could"

"here we are"

"i think we're going to celebrate this right now"

Samyy

Which is more crushing? The Pat Kane goal in Game 6, the Leafs collapse or the Sharks collapse?

It has to be the Sharks collapse no?
Leafs weren't supposed to have any chance in hath at series but they still took it to 7, the Sharks however were a cup favourite...

Quick

Banned
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, YOU KNOW FOLKS, THIS IS THE HARDEST PART OF THE YEAR FOR ME, EH. WE AIN'T GONNA BE SEEIN' ANYMORE HOCKEY UNTIL OCTOBER, EH. BOY, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT UNTIL IT'S GONE, EH. WHO SANG THAT SONG? PROBABLY A GOOD CANADIAN KID, EH.

I'M GONNA MISS SITTIN' HERE AN' TALKIN' 'BOUT VISORS, EH. YOU FOLKS KNOW I AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' TO DO UNTIL OCTOBER. I'LL PROBABLY GO OVER TO EUROPE AN' WORK FOR THEIR HOCKEY BROADCASTS, EH. HA HA, JUST KIDDIN' FOLKS, I AIN'T A COMMIE DEFECTOR LIKE THAT, EH.

WHAT I WON'T MISS IS DUMB DUMB RON'S JOKES, EH. I SIT HERE GIVIN' OUT GOOD HOCKEY ADVICE TO YOU KIDS OUT THERE, AN' YOU GOT THE COMEDIAN CRACKIN' JOKES, AN' BOY, THAT JUST GETS ME STEAMED.

NOW, I KNOW YOU'RE ALL WORRIED 'BOUT WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO ME AN' RON AN' THE CREW, AN' I'LL TELL YOU FOLKS WHAT I TOLD MY 1979 BOSTON BRUINS IN THE SEMI-FINALS AGAINST THE CANADIENS, EH: "DON'T WORRY 'BOUT IT. JUST GET ON THE ICE, EH." DON'T YOU WORRY 'BOUT US, FOLKS. WE'LL BE FINE, EH. I DUNNO 'BOUT PJ, THOUGH. I'M WORRIED 'BOUT THAT KID, EH.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN A BUNCH OF COMMIES WENT IN AN' ENTERED A BATHROOM STALL. THEY LEFT THEIR SHOES ON AN' STEPPED ON THE CARPET, AN' THEN LEFT THE DOOR OPEN 'CAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO TELLS 'EM TO DO. ANYHOW, THEY'RE IN THERE BEIN' COMMUNISTS BY PRAYIN' TO STALIN AN' HOTDOGGIN' WHILE WATCHIN' HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA. BOY, I WAS STEAMED. YOU DON'T DISRESPECT AN INSTITUTION LIKE US LIKE THAT. THAT AIN'T RIGHT. ANYHOW, A BUNCH OF GOOD ONTARIO KIDS RAN IN, TOOK THEIR SHOES OFF AN' ENTERED A STALL. THEY LEFT THE DOOR OPEN 'CAUSE THEY'RE GOOD ONTARIO KIDS. ANYHOW, THEY'RE SITTIN' IN THERE, DRINKIN' SOME MOLSONS, SINGIN' THE ANTHEM, AN' READIN' MY BOOK, "HOCKEY STORIES AN' STUFF" WHILE WATCHIN' HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA. BOY, I WAS SO PROUD. THOSE COMMIES WERE SO EMBARRASSED, THEY RAN OUT WITHOUT WASHIN' THEIR HANDS, AN' RAN BACK TO THE SOVIET UNION TO APOLOGIZE TO STALIN, EH.

THOSE GOOD ONTARIO KIDS REMINDED ME OF BOBBY ORR. GOD LOVE 'EM.

doncherry_471.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 4m
An image I'll remember forever. Being in Rangers' dressing room after Game 5 loss and seeing Lundqvist utterly devastated, head in hands.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 3m
There was nothing more Lundqvist could have humanly done to earn the Rangers a win. Just slumped at his locker stall.

NoRéN

my friend in LA is saying cops are riding by outside on speakers in his neighborhood

people are yelling/honking, but no rioting yet

It's freaking dead here in East L.A.

There was a couple of fireworks going off when they won but it's quite possible that they were for Mexico's win this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom