• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan299

So happy the Kings won, I hate the Rangers. most of my friends are Ranger fans and talked shit so Kings needed to win. Plus I picked the Kings for my bracket. Ranked 3686 in the world for that. I'll take it. lol

Filth

fuck the kings guard.

and fuck the kings.

The-Hound-008.jpg

Booshka

Need to figure out when the Stanley Cup will be going to Hermosa Beach, should be fun. There is also a Blackhawks bar on the Pier, so that will be fun to see how salty they get as the Stan Lee Cup comes strolling through.

zychi

Banned
congrats kings and kings-gaf. shouldve been the hawks if the refs didnt screw up game 7, but congrats nonetheless

but next year
maxresdefault.jpg

WE COMIN FOR YOU

zychi

Banned
Need to figure out when the Stanley Cup will be going to Hermosa Beach, should be fun. There is also a Blackhawks bar on the Pier, so that will be fun to see how salty they get as the Stan Lee Cup comes strolling through.

whats the name of the hawks bar? i feel like ive been there before

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Reporter gets to Zucc in the locker room, very first words are: "Mats, what do you have to say about how SMALL........the margins were in this series?"

lol Any L.A. Peeps watching ch 4 news? A reporter with heels just ate it on the ice...I wish I had dvr

E: So far celebration has been ok

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lundqvist played great. I really can't fault him. On that winning goal, the D left that man completely open for the rebound while 3 guys went to the guys were on the guy who took the blocked shot.

Yeah, it was Klein that abandoned Martinez and chased the puck. Really surprising mistake from him. He's been so dependable back there on the third pairing, so to see him blow the Stanley Cup winning play so badly is super disappointing.

Although looking at it again, it's really because he had to go cover the man in front because Moore let him go by. Zucc should have gone to Martinez instead of going for the same man that Moore was playing. Just a blown play by all three.

JDeluis

Yes! Kings bring back the cup. I was going to have a heart attack if the game kept going any longer.

Lundavist did a great job and seeing he's reaction after the winning goal was just heartbreaking. The man was a brick wall in this game.

Time to celebrate at are parade on Monday.

I'm sleeping like Clifford's baby tonight.

Night all.

Time for the world cup and hopefully you'll send some good vibes for the bar exam in july, even though i'm a queen.

2014 CHAMPS!

FUCK THE SHARKS

divusrex

It was a bit sad to see Lundqvist's reaction when the score-winning goal was made. He was probably one of the biggest reasons why the Rangers were able to hang in there.

But, the Kings are just that good. GO KINGS GO!

The best part is, I have two reasons to make fun of all my Canucks/Sharks friends...heheheh

Just wanted to hop back in and say, damn, what a game Lundqvist had. Dude was a wall back there. The Kings could've won it like 6 times over if it weren't for him.

Once again, Congratulations to the Kings and their fans. So many wasted opportunities for the Rangers but I never thought they'd get to where they got to. I'm…proud of them.

So many bandwagoners out of nowhere.

Just played the Strike mission in the Destiny alpha with Smelly and beat it. Holy shit, that was intense and fun.

EdmondD

Absolutely incredible run by the Kings. Perhaps even a legendary run. They fought every second of the way. Faced formidable competition. Faced seemingly insurmountable challenges. To win three game sevens and then go on to win the Stanley Cup is an incredible feat which may never be seen again. They never gave up hope for even a moment. Their determination is an inspiration to me. You go through hell so you can hold that Cup above your head and it's so worth it in the end.

The series against San Jose was an incredibly comeback. The Sharks looked unstoppable. I honestly thought, as did many others, that if the Sharks beat the Kings they would win the Cup. They looked that dominant. I didn't believe they could comeback down 3-0 but somehow they did. They made history and it was just the beginning.

Another great California team was next. The Kings rivals the Anaheim Ducks. At that point they had never met in the playoffs and I felt it wasn't quite a true rivalry yet. I had always wanted that Ducks Kings matchup in the playoffs and to see the rivalry intensify. I was not disappointed as both teams played an amazing series. It's a hell of a rivalry now and I expect to see these teams again and again.

I dreaded the Kings facing the dangerous offense of Chicago. A team they always struggle to defeat. Last season they dominated the Kings quite easily. This season both teams put on an terrific show. A brilliant series, both teams flying down the ice so fast you could barely keep up.
I look forward to seeing these teams play again because that series is why I watch hockey.

New York Rangers put up a hell of a fight. A very gritty team. Like the Kings they simply refuse to give in. Three overtimes this series! It could have been easily the Rangers hoisting that Cup above their head. They never had the offensive firepower to match with the Kings but Lundqvist did his best to keep them in. Lundqvist was astonishing. I could scarcely believe just how good he was. He put his heart and soul on the line. I felt so bad for him. Much respect to Lundqvist and the Rangers.

Absolutely incredible run by the Kings. Perhaps even a legendary run. They fought every second of the way. Faced formidable competition. Faced seemingly insurmountable challenges. To win three game sevens and then go on to win the Stanley Cup is an incredible feat which may never be seen again. They never gave up hope for even a moment. Their determination is an inspiration to me. You go through hell so you can hold that Cup above your head and it's so worth it in the end.

The series against San Jose was an incredibly comeback. The Sharks looked unstoppable. I honestly thought, as did many others, that if the Sharks beat the Kings they would win the Cup. They looked that dominant. I didn't believe they could comeback down 3-0 but somehow they did. They made history and it was just the beginning.

Another great California team was next. The Kings rivals the Anaheim Ducks. At that point they had never met in the playoffs and I felt it wasn't quite a true rivalry yet. I had always wanted that Ducks Kings matchup in the playoffs and to see the rivalry intensify. I was not disappointed as both teams played an amazing series. It's a hell of a rivalry now and I expect to see these teams again and again.

I dreaded the Kings facing the dangerous offense of Chicago. A team they always struggle to defeat. Last season they dominated the Kings quite easily. This season both teams put on an terrific show. A brilliant series, both teams flying down the ice so fast you could barely keep up.
I look forward to seeing these teams play again because that series is why I watch hockey.

New York Rangers put up a hell of a fight. A very gritty team. Like the Kings they simply refuse to give in. Three overtimes this series! It could have been easily the Rangers hoisting that Cup above their head. They never had the offensive firepower to match with the Kings but Lundqvist did his best to keep them in. Lundqvist was astonishing. I could scarcely believe just how good he was. He put his heart and soul on the line. I felt so bad for him. Much respect to Lundqvist and the Rangers.

Well said. It was a legendary run, one of the finest runs not only in hockey but in all sports. I hope to see a documentary/30 for 30 on it someday.

Velcro Fly

if unicorns existed, that picture is like watching the last one get shot in the face right in front of you. Hank has been absolutely majestic in these playoffs, dragging what appeared to be a mediocre team all the way to the finals. they had their moments, but without him the whole house of cards collapses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom