• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup Final |OT| Beat LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, YOU KNOW FOLKS, THIS IS THE HARDEST PART OF THE YEAR FOR ME, EH. WE AIN'T GONNA BE SEEIN' ANYMORE HOCKEY UNTIL OCTOBER, EH. BOY, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU GOT UNTIL IT'S GONE, EH. WHO SANG THAT SONG? PROBABLY A GOOD CANADIAN KID, EH.

I'M GONNA MISS SITTIN' HERE AN' TALKIN' 'BOUT VISORS, EH. YOU FOLKS KNOW I AIN'T GOT NOTHIN' TO DO UNTIL OCTOBER. I'LL PROBABLY GO OVER TO EUROPE AN' WORK FOR THEIR HOCKEY BROADCASTS, EH. HA HA, JUST KIDDIN' FOLKS, I AIN'T A COMMIE DEFECTOR LIKE THAT, EH.

WHAT I WON'T MISS IS DUMB DUMB RON'S JOKES, EH. I SIT HERE GIVIN' OUT GOOD HOCKEY ADVICE TO YOU KIDS OUT THERE, AN' YOU GOT THE COMEDIAN CRACKIN' JOKES, AN' BOY, THAT JUST GETS ME STEAMED.

NOW, I KNOW YOU'RE ALL WORRIED 'BOUT WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO ME AN' RON AN' THE CREW, AN' I'LL TELL YOU FOLKS WHAT I TOLD MY 1979 BOSTON BRUINS IN THE SEMI-FINALS AGAINST THE CANADIENS, EH: "DON'T WORRY 'BOUT IT. JUST GET ON THE ICE, EH." DON'T YOU WORRY 'BOUT US, FOLKS. WE'LL BE FINE, EH. I DUNNO 'BOUT PJ, THOUGH. I'M WORRIED 'BOUT THAT KID, EH.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS, WHEN A BUNCH OF COMMIES WENT IN AN' ENTERED A BATHROOM STALL. THEY LEFT THEIR SHOES ON AN' STEPPED ON THE CARPET, AN' THEN LEFT THE DOOR OPEN 'CAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO TELLS 'EM TO DO. ANYHOW, THEY'RE IN THERE BEIN' COMMUNISTS BY PRAYIN' TO STALIN AN' HOTDOGGIN' WHILE WATCHIN' HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA. BOY, I WAS STEAMED. YOU DON'T DISRESPECT AN INSTITUTION LIKE US LIKE THAT. THAT AIN'T RIGHT. ANYHOW, A BUNCH OF GOOD ONTARIO KIDS RAN IN, TOOK THEIR SHOES OFF AN' ENTERED A STALL. THEY LEFT THE DOOR OPEN 'CAUSE THEY'RE GOOD ONTARIO KIDS. ANYHOW, THEY'RE SITTIN' IN THERE, DRINKIN' SOME MOLSONS, SINGIN' THE ANTHEM, AN' READIN' MY BOOK, "HOCKEY STORIES AN' STUFF" WHILE WATCHIN' HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA. BOY, I WAS SO PROUD. THOSE COMMIES WERE SO EMBARRASSED, THEY RAN OUT WITHOUT WASHIN' THEIR HANDS, AN' RAN BACK TO THE SOVIET UNION TO APOLOGIZE TO STALIN, EH.

THOSE GOOD ONTARIO KIDS REMINDED ME OF BOBBY ORR. GOD LOVE 'EM.

doncherry_471.jpg
God speed Don Quick. Until October.

Zee-Row

Banned
I'm surprised Marty St Louis didn't quit on his team after game 3. Will he demand a trade to the Kings after the Press Conference?

NoRéN;116473781 said:
It's freaking dead here in East L.A.

There was a couple of fireworks going off when they won but it's quite possible that they were for Mexico's win this morning.

East LA isn't a hockey part of town. Fireworks are always in season there. At least I think they're fireworks.

NoRéN;116473781 said:

There was a couple of fireworks going off when they won but it's quite possible that they were for Mexico's win this morning.

A couple people I know are Downtown and they're posting pictures on their facebook. Looks fun.

Clydefrog

NoRéN;116473781 said:

A couple people I know are Downtown and they're posting pictures on their facebook. Looks fun.

yeah my friend lives downtown (close to Staples -- rich fucker)

LJ11

Congrats to the Kings, played better hockey.

Can't help but feel this series was closer than it was on paper. Just brutal 3rd periods, sit back and try to hold the lead, ride Hank to the end. At least with AV we had leads to protect.

Feel happy for Gaborik, always a favorite of mine, guy needed a C. Having Torts in your ear doesn't help matters either.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Matt Dunn @MattDunnSNY
Man... The Henrik Lundqvist postgame interview in the Rangers locker room was as tough a listen as I've heard. Crushing.

Clydefrog

damnit my DVR didn't last long enough to show proof. but trey parker of south park was spotted at 13:22 of the first OT. first row seat. wearing a kings jacket.

is that cartman?

I turned on KTLA to see if they were covering the streets of LA........and they are talking about a tortoise........it's adorable........and they just showed people standing outside wearing Kings stuff..........

TrueGrime

That motherfucker Hank right there played his goddamn heart out this entire playoffs. Only one I feel bad for. Him and St. Louis.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 4m
Girardi on wearing jersey in room: "There’s nowhere to go. I just kept it on. I’m hanging on to the last moments here. I’ve got nothing."

Lundqvist:
“We had to go through a lot together, it has been a long year with the Olympics and the long training camp we had and starting on the road. It was a challenging year but a fun year. We came up short against a really good team. I think we played really well. They are so balanced and it seems like nothing rattles them and you need to give them credit. I still look at all three games in this building and we could have won all three. I think we hit the post in every OT but it’s how it goes. They were good, so they had a lot of good players step up in key moments during the series so you need to give it to them.”

“I told you going into the playoffs that I wanted to leave everything out there. I prepared so hard for each game and I have never been so tired after a round like this. It’s a long round and a lot of games and intense games but I felt like I did everything I could to prepare and get to where i need to help the team. It was not enough against this team, they were really good and we talked about it throughout the playoffs, there are a lot of things that you can’t control but what you can control is your prep and how you play out there and you just need to leave it on the ice and tonight you try not to get frustrated when you see replays and pucks going through his arms and hitting the post twice and thinking OT and knowing how close we were but at the same time you need to stay in it and be focused.”

Filth

Don't get the Couture/JVR exchange. Explain?

JVR says he knows the feel cause Boston did the biggest comeback against Toronto and scored like 4-5 goals straight to win a game that they were losing 4-0 into the 3rd. Couture says what he says cause the kings won 4 straight against the sharks this playoffs. And they went on to win the cup.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 4m
An image I'll remember forever. Being in Rangers' dressing room after Game 5 loss and seeing Lundqvist utterly devastated, head in hands.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 3m
There was nothing more Lundqvist could have humanly done to earn the Rangers a win. Just slumped at his locker stall.

;_;

Ask and ye shall receive.

bqenawhcuainek12lsfm.jpg

Meta pls.

BqEPEXVIAAASvUM.jpg

Christopher Sutter hoists the cup

That's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom