• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

Sanjuro

Hartnell has gone full retard. I don't mind losing, but I feel bad for Bryz being subjected to power play after power play, not to mention them allowing a breakaway at the end of their own PP.

You're a Fyers fan right? I'm pretty sure I would want to see Bryz subjected to everything terrible.

Slurmer

Banned
You're a Fyers fan right? I'm pretty sure I would want to see Bryz subjected to everything terrible.
He's been pretty good this year even though the numbers make him look like shit. Our team and d constantly put him in hopeless situations. He also sucks on breakaways.

Sanjuro

He's been pretty good this year even though the numbers make him look like shit. Our team and d constantly put him in hopeless situations. He also sucks on breakaways.

I still think he is the worst big market goaltender. Payroll wise, I don't think Philly can really do anything though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh, how the time you will be spend typing in img and /img between some gif.

You're right. I should get some practice in now.

iq1ozGVYifRUh.gif

Curufinwe

I still think he is the worst big market goaltender. Payroll wise, I don't think Philly can really do anything though.

A buyout in 2014 is still on the table. But in the meantime why would I want terrible things to happen to him? Just enough to get the loss is fine.

Slurmer

Banned
Ok. All I'm saying is he makes big saves every game, but can't always step up when the guys in front of him screw up every couple of minutes. I don't expect people that don't watch them all season to really understand...and I get it because most flyers highlights this season involve them getting scored on and it's just easier to chalk it up as "lol bryz"

Curufinwe

Ok. All I'm saying is he makes big saves every game, but can't always step up when the guys in front of him screw up every couple of minutes. I don't expect people that don't watch them all season to really understand...and I get it because most flyers highlights this season involve them getting scored on and it's just easier to chalk it up as lol bryz

Would it be too much to ask that a Bruins fan have watched Bryz play yesterday? He wasn't half bad.

Sanjuro

Would it be too much to ask that a Bruins fan have watched Bryz play yesterday? He wasn't half bad.

You guys are delusional if you think Bryz is the best goaltender in the NHL. I know that is not your actual point, but I'm not sure how you're arguing with me otherwise. He is playing on the largest professional level...of course he is going to make saves.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You don't have any Stanley Cups in the new NHL either.
You remind me of Bill Maher's segment of republicans living in their own bubble where they make up facts and believe them, only you're in your own world for sports.

Slurmer

Banned
You guys are delusional if you think Bryz is the best goaltender in the NHL. I know that is not your actual point, but I'm not sure how you're arguing with me otherwise. He is playing on the largest professional level...of course he is going to make saves.
What's hard to understand about not placing the entire blame on our goaltender when the whole team sucks outside of the powerplay? Bob sucked here too his last year and now he looks good again in Columbus. I'm not a huge bryz fan or anything like that, but I've seen him enough this year to realize he isn't the problem like he was last season.

Sanjuro

What's hard to understand about not placing the entire blame on our goaltender when the whole team sucks outside of the powerplay? Bob sucked here too his last year and look at him now. I'm not a huge bryz fan or anything like that, but I've seen him enough this year to realize he isn't the problem like he was last season.

I'm not saying put all the blame on him. My assessment was he is the worst goaltender of the big market cities. You could argue this, but not a heck of a lot. Most Philly fans I know despise the guy. It just comes with the territory.

Could his team do more? Yes, but he still isn't doing enough.

Curufinwe

Because your argument is that we should want to see awful things happen to him when there's no reason for us to feel that way. I think a cheaper goalie could play as well and the Flyers will need cap space for the 14-15 season, so I think a buyout next summer makes sense. But next year I would love to see a great defense in front of him that doesn't lead the league in breakaways and odd man rushes allowed.

And no one claimed he was the best goalie in the league. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Alucard

Banned
Crosby expected to "miss some time," but to be ready for the playoffs. :( Fuck. As long as he's okay. Wonder if he still wins the Art Ross at this point. Blah. Just 'cause I'm annoyed by this news...

Game_36.jpg

Woooo.

Sanjuro

And no one claimed he was the best goalie in the league. Where do you come up with this stuff?

From unnecessary defensive counterarguments. My only point was most Philly fans don't like him. Your remarks about the buyout seem to follow that mindset.

Crosby expected to "miss some time," but to be ready for the playoffs. :( Fuck. As long as he's okay. Wonder if he still wins the Art Ross at this point. Blah. Just 'cause I'm annoyed by this news...

Why can't he just play the remainder of the season with a Vega mask?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Need to have a walking dead pic where they are curb stomping the zombie to get rid of his jaw, but replace the zombie with Crosby. Since we are doing awful photoshops.

Curufinwe

Need to have a walking dead pic where they are curb stomping the zombie to get rid of his jaw, but replace the zombie with Crosby. Since we are doing awful photoshops.

Roenick missed a month when that puck shattered his jaw in 2004, but came back for the playoffs and scored one of the best series deciding goals ever. He later admitted he was playing with concussion symptoms and wouldn't have been able to play if the 04-05 season had started on time.

But I'm sure Crosby will be fine.

Alucard

Banned
Really hope Sid is going to be alright and that the shot to the jaw doesn't start up the concussion symptoms again. :(

Stamoks needs 11 points in 14 games to pass Sid for points this season. Doesn't matter. The Cup is the goal.

Rumor of a Bishop for Glencross trade by the ottawa paper, its the SUN though.

I wouldnt mind this.

Murray signed Glencross in Anaheim so he'd definitely show interest.

Now whether Calgary does it is another story, Glencross is one of their better players on a nice $2.5M cap hit, although he has an NMC lol.

Keslord

Banned
Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 1m
Gillman on #Luongo trade talks: "Mike is in discussions with multiple teams... Talks are beyond the 'tire kicking' stage" #canucks

More Gillman: "We need a 3rd line center, but no one is going to 'steal' Roberto from us. We're not moving him for a rental. We need something for today & tomorrow"

Top Bottom