• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I'd rather get beat by San Jose than Nashville.

whys that?

preds80.jpg

WHOOPS

Well it's pretty easy to not get your shit locked. Watch... ready?

NEVER POST LINKS TO OTHER THREADS IN HERE WITH SUBTLE ENCOURAGEMENT TO "PARTAKE" IN IT.

Because then traffic from one sports thread to that thread jumps, people then post in that thread with the obvious affiliations that they have with recent posters from said sports-age and it all looks like some sort of lame online gang verbal mugging. Therefore the only time we look 'inclusive' or whatever is in our own threads.

If it's one thing being in Vancouver taught me - crowds getting larger in size with a common interest only cause more trouble.

Baby, listen, let me explain.

I had to go for a little while...find myself. But it was just me trying to work things out. Experiment. I always knew, at the bottom of my heart, that NHL-GAF and I were made to be be together.

NBA-GAF meant nothing to me. I just couldn't take it anymore; I had to come home. Can you forgive me? Just this once?

Great. What's for dinner?

Was kinda expecting you back when the Stars started coming first in the division, sooo.. you're late.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Great cycle game there. Hard work by the Leafs and it lead to a goal.

Montresor I'm sure to going wild right now.

Montresor

Some good news Leafs-GAF

Leafs signed Brad Ross to an entry level contract. :D

I'd love for Brad Ross and Tyler Biggs to both pan out... good god they could be awesome pieces if they're developed properly AND the Leafs get lucky.

And as I type that the Isles score. =(

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So a thread got locked because Regulars posted off-side shit in a completely seperate thread? Uhhhh...

so they locked the NBA thread to defend this poster's honor because some members were derailing her thread?

...wat.

No, that thread is like the tip of the iceberg. For one, some posters in nbaGAF are creepily obsessed with certain female members to the point where they talk about them constantly in off-GAF NBA thread community channels and specifically look for chances to attack them on GAF regardless of the thread topic. Obviously it's not everyone in that thread, there are plenty of awesome, awesome posters in there, but I'm guessing that having some guys creepily circle-jerking over certain members probably doesn't bode well for their community at large. Not to mention the highly inappropriate things said in that thread regularly that probably wouldn't be tolerated outside of the thread, and insular self-reference all over the rest of the forum.

I ain't a mod but my guess is that if the more socially-aware members self-policed more, and called it out when someone said or did something really dumb, and stopped tolerating (indirectly fueling) this kind of behavior, they probably wouldn't be having this problem.

The most boring team, crappy fans and even crappier announcers.

Yes for the best.

I just don't want it to be a 3 point game but it probably will be. My enjoyment of said game didn't really cross my mind. But I'll agree, those fucking announcers are insufferable.

Holy FUCK that Pens PP is so gross now. So gross.

Montresor

Good for them. I can't stand the thought of a community being hostile towards newcomers in a forum like this... I'm not off-base when I say that doesn't happen in this thread, correct?

calder

Starting to get the feeling the Jets ain't keeping up with the Pens tonight. :p I'm sure Paves will play 60 to hasten his eventual collapse down the stretch.

Mainly, fallout didn't flu up the home side as well as we needed.

Oh hey n/m Noel isn't dumb lol. Rest up paves you're gonna need it.

Good for them. I can't stand the thought of a community being hostile towards newcomers in a forum like this... I'm not off-base when I say that doesn't happen in this thread, correct?

I think we treat people pretty fairly here. [insert statement about Tabris sucking and being treated accordingly]

C Jones

Malkin scores his 200th and Sid gets his 4th assist of the night.

Annnnnd we get scored on again. Jets just lay down already

No, that thread is like the tip of the iceberg. For one, some posters in nbaGAF are creepily obsessed with certain female members to the point where they talk about them constantly in off-GAF NBA thread community channels and specifically look for chances to attack them on GAF regardless of the thread topic. Obviously it's not everyone in that thread, there are plenty of awesome, awesome posters in there, but I'm guessing that having some guys creepily circle-jerking over certain members probably doesn't bode well for their community at large. Not to mention the highly inappropriate things said in that thread regularly that probably wouldn't be tolerated outside of the thread, and insular self-reference all over the rest of the forum.

I ain't a mod but my guess is that if the more socially-aware members self-policed more, and called it out when someone said or did something really dumb, and stopped tolerating (indirectly fueling) this kind of behavior, they probably wouldn't be having this problem.

That's a pretty serious allegation, that I'm not completely sure you would have proof of.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nah. There's the usual hazing and guessing game of who they're an alt of but it's a pretty welcoming thread.
I think we treat people pretty fairly here. [insert statement about Tabris sucking and being treated accordingly]
Tabris deserves every bit of hate he gets. It's not a case of anyone being unwelcoming because he brings it on himself.

:lol Thanks Marvie, I now have a new "Ducks gon' rape you" image.

.. Which brings my total to 1.

Tabris is worse in the NFL thread, he literally just became a Broncos fans after Manning signed.

At least here he only has one team.

Christ. Literally, the worst fan ever.

That's a pretty serious allegation, that I'm not completely sure you would have proof of.

If you guys wanna play Phoenix Wright: NBA-age Edition anywhere else, that'd be nice. Your lockout has piqued interest but some of us really don't care about the who/what/when/where/why.

That said, you're welcome here for everything else, hopefully hockey related.

Barrage

This is completely Off-Topic for NHL-GAF so this is the last time i'm gonna address it, but I will only say that I disagree with your remarks, that I feel they contain a bias that's clouding your statements, and I feel that NBA-GAF already did a strong job of policing itself, while maintaining a higher level of discussion than various other GAF communities that survive unlocked (this one nonwithstanding).

Phoenix really is everything awful with a hockey market, and it proves the quality of Tippett that he is somehow making that team work (I find I appreciate most Stars coaches more after they leave).

C Jones

Paul Martin is an overpaid piece of shit. Can't play offense, can't play defense, he makes $5m/year for his outlet passing.

Yeah he'll put together a string of a few games where it seems like he's on the brink of turning the corner, then he goes back to slumping. Disappointing season for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom