• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorskin

----- ------
I think Leafs-GAF actually did throw themselves off the CN tower, they are playing right now and they are a no-show.

edit: except Montresor, he's a masochist

Cake Boss

Banned
images

Jesus christ New Jersey, how could anyone watch this team 82 games a season.

If you guys wanna play Phoenix Wright: NBA-age Edition anywhere else, that'd be nice. But you're welcome here for everything else, hopefully hockey related.

I apologize I don't mean to dirty up your guys' thread, but when someone makes an accusation that members basically stalk and harass "certain female members" and do so in threads on gaf and in chats outside of gaf. I have to raise my hand and ask what the basis of that claim is.

Again sorry to you and whoever else takes exception to my non-NHL post.

Tabris deserves every bit of hate he gets. It's not a case of anyone being unwelcoming because he brings it on himself.

The last couple pages people were talking about how NHL-age is nice to everyone (except Tabris) so I thought I'd throw my version in there. I completely agree.

If you act like a jackass you get treated like a jackass

Alucard

Banned
Malkin saying "fuck off" to the guys chasing him for the Art Ross.

Malkin 1G 3A
Crosby 4A
Neal 3G

This feels right. Would love for the Pens to put up another 2 in the third, with Crosby finally netting a goal.

Waitwaitwait... Just saw the news... Theo Fleurys sexual attacker only got 2 years!? Fuck that noise.

I think he's now tied with at least or may have been surpassed by kinghenrik. Any person who says they won't even celebrate their team winning a championship, is full of shit and a fucking awful fan.

I'm gonna give him a pass on that outburst. We've all had a meltdown every now and then, and I just don't think he actually thinks about the Rangers like that. They've been fantastic all season and are continuing to be heading into the postseason.

If the Rangers DO win the cup and he still stands by that... then oh boy.

I apologize I don't mean to dirty up your guys' thread, but when someone makes an accusation that members basically stalk and harass "certain female members" and do so in threads on gaf and in chats outside of gaf. I have to raise my hand and ask what the basis of that claim is.

Appreciated. No exception taken, just putting it out there so we don't get a snowball effect of NBA-age discussion.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)

That's cool bro, sorry if I offended you at all, I would show you the evidence of an organized (outside of GAF) attack from multiple members that just happened in another community thread towards a female member, except a mod just had to clean the thread. Aw, schucks, I guess I'm making it up!

If you want to continue discussion, PM.

No, that thread is like the tip of the iceberg. For one, some posters in nbaGAF are creepily obsessed with certain female members to the point where they talk about them constantly in off-GAF NBA thread community channels and specifically look for chances to attack them on GAF regardless of the thread topic. Obviously it's not everyone in that thread, there are plenty of awesome, awesome posters in there, but I'm guessing that having some guys creepily circle-jerking over certain members probably doesn't bode well for their community at large. Not to mention the highly inappropriate things said in that thread regularly that probably wouldn't be tolerated outside of the thread, and insular self-reference all over the rest of the forum.

I ain't a mod but my guess is that if the more socially-aware members self-policed more, and called it out when someone said or did something really dumb, and stopped tolerating (indirectly fueling) this kind of behavior, they probably wouldn't be having this problem.

do you spit bullshit or are you going to actually show proof?

Erdrick

It'd be nice if the Jets came back and won a game in the 3rd for a rare time instead of failing nearly every time we go into the last period with a lead. At least we have not been completely dead offensively.

I have my fingers crossed for the 3rd but man... The Pens are so strong, especially on the offence.

I'm glad Mason is in. Pavelic needs a rest. I also don't fault him for that last goal. No one could have stopped it.

cube444

Malkin saying "fuck off" to the guys chasing him for the Art Ross.

Malkin 1G 3A
Crosby 4A
Neal 3G

This feels right. Would love for the Pens to put up another 2 in the third, with Crosby finally netting a goal.

This clown needs to stop leaching off Malkin and get me some goals for my frigging pool.

diehard

Fleer
That's cool bro, sorry if I offended you at all, I would show you the evidence of an organized (outside of GAF) attack from multiple members that just happened in another community thread towards a female member, except a mod just had to clean the thread. Aw, schucks, I guess I'm making it up!

If you want to continue discussion, PM.

lol there wasn't a single "attack" on anybody there. The most inflammatory post in that "community thread" was from one of the female community members, but was strangely the post not "cleaned up".

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Is it only me or are the only people still talking about NBA-GAF in here people whose avatars I haven't actually seen here before?

Back to hockey plz, k thx.

Who said that the Islanders were gonna beat Toronto in OT? Because it's really looking like it and I totally didn't see that coming. Also, I want Winnipeg to beat Pittsburgh. Damn.

Gabyskra

Banned
lol there wasn't a single "attack" on anybody there. The most inflammatory post in that "community thread" was from one of the female community members, but was strangely the post not "cleaned up".

I feel like stalking you RIGHT NOW

I can't help it, I'm nbagaf :(

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
No, that thread is like the tip of the iceberg. For one, some posters in nbaGAF are creepily obsessed with certain female members to the point where they talk about them constantly in off-GAF NBA thread community channels and specifically look for chances to attack them on GAF regardless of the thread topic. Obviously it's not everyone in that thread, there are plenty of awesome, awesome posters in there, but I'm guessing that having some guys creepily circle-jerking over certain members probably doesn't bode well for their community at large. Not to mention the highly inappropriate things said in that thread regularly that probably wouldn't be tolerated outside of the thread, and insular self-reference all over the rest of the forum.

I ain't a mod but my guess is that if the more socially-aware members self-policed more, and called it out when someone said or did something really dumb, and stopped tolerating (indirectly fueling) this kind of behavior, they probably wouldn't be having this problem.

Apologies in advance to NHL age, this will be my only post here.

Not NBA GAF, dude, some posters on GAF. This is the new problem in this forum as of late, that its subgroup vs. subgroup and you know what? That sucks.

The stalker you're referring to posted everywhere in GAF, especially real pic GAF, which has Evilore and Opiate as its "members", but nobody has a problem with that group because honestly, its ridiculous to sacrifice a subgroup because of an individual. Maybe a little less persecution of a perceived "group" of people would be nice and would actually avoid most of the drama.

This gaming forum has always done a good job to remind people that just because you like games it doesn't classify you as an archetype that can be easily labeled. Lets act like it.

Revenant

can i use phrases like "all over my face" and "on my tits"
kings fan here, btw.

as long as it somehow gets back to hockey and isnt genuinely vile to another member you can go nuts.

Also, Malkin is a machine this year, MVP for sure, there is a part of me really excited to see the Pens with both Malkin and Crosby back into the playoffs.

I'm gonna give him a pass on that outburst. We've all had a meltdown every now and then, and I just don't think he actually thinks about the Rangers like that. They've been fantastic all season and are continuing to be heading into the postseason.

If the Rangers DO win the cup and he still stands by that... then oh boy.

It was pretty damn childish. Plus, what he was melting down about was fucking nothing compared to what some teams have experienced.

Apologies in advance to NHL age, this will be my only post here.

Not NBA GAF, dude, some posters on GAF. This is the new problem in this forum as of late, that its subgroup vs. subgroup and you know what? That sucks.

The stalker you're referring to posted everywhere in GAF, especially real pic GAF, which has Evilore and Opiate as its "members", but nobody has a problem with that group because honestly, its ridiculous to sacrifice a subgroup because of an individual. Maybe a little less persecution of a perceived "group" of people would be nice and would actually avoid most of the drama.

This gaming forum has always done a good job to remind people that just because you like games it doesn't classify you as an archetype that can be easily labeled. Lets act like it.

Look, no one in NHL-age cares about Timedog's post. Just send the dude PM's if you have beef.

can i use phrases like "all over my face" and "on my tits"
kings fan here, btw.

Ya, but you gotta be part of Leafs-age

/kessel.gif

HOLY FUCK DID MALKIN JUST SCORE!??!!?!? FUUUUUUUCKCKCKCKCKCKCKKCKK

Can you guys link to kinghenrik's meltdown? It had to be a couple of days ago seeing as the Rangers beat the Devils very recently.

It was short, it just said he was tired of them sucking in the final stretch of the playoffs after they lost a bunch in a short period and just said he's done for the year and even if they win the cup he won't celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom