• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixed1979

Just an opinion, but if they can't come out on fire tonight then I'd find that concerning.

I've been concerned for awhile already. For weeks people have been saying "oh they're just not putting the effort in, everything is fine, etc". Bullshit, I'm not sure what's going on in the locker room but AV needs to get these guys playing again...I'm not blaming him for the skid but he needs to do something besides line shuffling to get this figured out. Last night was a tough loss, and overall we played fairly well, but there were still too many things not quite right, hopefully we can improve on that in Dallas.

#canucks Daniel Sedin have a concussion and should be out for a minimum of two weeks. -- Renaud P Lavoie (@renhockey)

I am on my phone so yeah.

Thanks, I couldn't find anything on it, and them flying him back to Vancouver for testing made me assume they hadn't made a decision.

Marvie_3

Banned
Keith himself didn't think it was dirty. comeonson.gif

He'll get three games, max. No real track record with this type of cheap shot behaviour, I'd be very surprised if he received more. Frankly, doing it on the same day Shanaban whacked Doan was eight shades of stupid in and of itself.
Keith isn't going to say it was dirty because it makes what he did look worse. It's gamesmanship. Just like Henrik's made up "I'm going to get you" line.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thats why you increas the ice time of the 3rd line and try balance out the scoring or move Kesler to the top wing.

Sure, let's take our Selke Center away from his natural position, good idea! You're probably suggesting this for when we play Ottawa, right? :p jokes aside, our only Center that can play Winger is Lapierre, and... Yeah...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
My point is though, if the star player on your team (and not even sure Pac has that status) gets concussioned with a dirty elbow to the head from one of your biggest rivals, how would YOU react? I'd cut Tabris some slack here.
I agree that Vanuck fans should be very angry, but no one here has said that Keith shouldn't get suspended, everyone has at least said it was dirty and needs to be punished. You guys can still be angry, but there's no need for these dramatic posts when everyone here is in agreement. If Marvie or Revenant straight up said there was nothing wrong with Keiths hit then yea go crazy but they aren't. That's what pissed me off with the Chara hit is a lot of Bruins fans didn't feel he deserved any punishment. This situation is different.

Cake Boss

Banned
Sure, let's take our Selke Center away from his natural position, good idea! You're probably suggesting this for when we play Ottawa, right? :p jokes aside, our only Center that can play Winger is Lapierre, and... Yeah...

Wut? Vancouver already played Ottawa, why the fuck would I carewhat you do, I am just saying that Hodgson should have gotten more than a 3rd line winger in return or you should have kept him for the rest of the season and could have delt him in the summer.

that's from Pavel Datysuk, Future HOF hockey player and fashionista, good Q and A here

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...127707.html;_ylt=AhhDNPrIPW912FCV_YD5wAF7vLYF

What is the most beautiful word in Russian language?

'Mama.' Definitely.

And in English?

[after taking a while to think] "In my opinion it's the word 'Believe.'

NeoGAF BELIEVE!

I'm sure boxstretchhockey.com has your answers.

:lol, I can't believe it...

Red_Man

Price in against Ottawa, and Budaj in against Philly :lol good to see Randy is going down with the ship.

Puck Daddy interview with Datsyuk for Detroit fans :

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...ts-red-wings-pavel-datsyuk-nhl-152127707.html

bHTbY.gif

Red_Man

"Here coaches talk to you. In Montreal, it's the silent treatment" - Sergei Kostitsyn, on enjoying the #Preds

Still so much salt from Sergei, let go of it man.

Keith himself didn't think it was dirty. comeonson.gif

He'll get three games, max. No real track record with this type of cheap shot behaviour, I'd be very surprised if he received more. Frankly, doing it on the same day Shanaban whacked Doan was eight shades of stupid in and of itself.

When did Keith say that? Seems weird he would supposedly say what Henrik said he said if there was nothing for him to be pissed off about.

Radulov has to clear fantasy waivers what is this.

EDIT: Bolts-GAF any word on Lecavalier coming back or is he going to be shut down for the season?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
When did Keith say that? Seems weird he would supposedly say what Henrik said he said if there was nothing for him to be pissed off about.

It was in today's Province paper. Keith was interviewed after the game and when asked about Daniel's initial hit on him in the corner that supposedly sparked all of this, said he didn't think it was dirty.

Of course, that begs the question as to why you'd go full retard and elbow Daniel like that later on, but nobody said the Hawks are Mensa candidates.

CCF23

In my eyes Dank has about 5 weeks to heal. I think the Canucks could still manage to get through round 1 without him, but after that they need him or they're completely fucked. There's no way we could beat a team like Nashville, Detroit, or St. Louis without Daniel.

So yeah...About 5 weeks.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Wut? Vancouver already played Ottawa, why the fuck would I carewhat you do, I am just saying that Hodgson should have gotten more than a 3rd line winger in return or you should have kept him for the rest of the season and could have delt him in the summer.
I know you don't have much experience with this, but GMs like to make changes in preparation for the playoffs.

One day you'll understand

Marvie_3

Banned
It was in today's Province paper. Keith was interviewed after the game and when asked about Daniel's initial hit on him in the corner that supposedly sparked all of this, said he didn't think it was dirty.

Of course, that begs the question as to why you'd go full retard and elbow Daniel like that later on, but nobody said the Hawks are Mensa candidates.
Needs to be used before the playoffs. Sorry, 19&21.
A17lsl.jpg

Smiley90

I think you read that wrong, Keith said he didn't remember Daniel's hit AT ALL. As in "no there was no hit from Daniel on me, not at all, no way!"

Sounds to me like someone's trying to cover their ass from a retaliation-suspension and trying to go with the "it was just a play" defense.

EDIT: from PITB:
[Keith responded] “No, I don’t think so” when asked if Sedin hit him up high first.

Smiley90

anyone here have a twitter account? Just got one since I need it for coursework and need some people to follow!

You need twitter for coursework?!?

I don't tweet, the only thing I use twitter for is really to follow the guy that streams the 'Nucks games because that's where he posts his stream. And them some minor games/sports-people that tweet interesting news. :p

I wonder what Rinaldo would get for a Doan-style elbow.

It's all about reputation. That's the shitty part. Keith will also probably get more for hitting a Sedin rather than someone else. The severity of the injury is the other bullshit criteria. Because how badly the guy gets injured changes how fucked up the hit was.... Rinaldo would get 10....

Smiley90

It's all about reputation. That's the shitty part. Keith will also probably get more for hitting a Sedin rather than someone else. The severity of the injury is the other bullshit criteria. Because how badly the guy gets injured changes how fucked up the hit was.... Rinaldo would get 10....

I don't think he'll get more for hitting a Sedin, he'll get more for

a) the hit being with the puck not around
b) the elbow being the only thing Keith uses to hit
c) the head the only thing he hits
d) the history with the previous hit from Daniel on Keith, indicating that his hit was out of retaliation and intent to injure.
e) Sedin being out with a concussion

he'll get less because

a) he has no past history

So overall, I'd say he SHOULD get more than Doan, but I don't think he'll get more than 3.

I don't think he'll get more for hitting a Sedin, he'll get more for

a) the hit being with the puck not around
b) the elbow being the only thing Keith uses to hit
c) the head the only thing he hits
d) the history with the previous hit from Daniel on Keith, indicating that his hit was out of retaliation and intent to injure.
e) Sedin being out with a concussion

he'll get less because

a) he has no past history

So overall, I'd say he SHOULD get more than Doan, but I don't think he'll get more than 3.

Those are all the things they'll cite, yes, but that doesn't change that they don't regularly apply all the same criteria. Also, the criteria don't point to any consistent penalty. Keith will get three. That's the MOST likely solution, but I'm sure they'll come up with some other number just to add to the inconsistency.

Revenant

You need twitter for coursework?!?

I don't tweet, the only thing I use twitter for is really to follow the guy that streams the 'Nucks games because that's where he posts his stream. And them some minor games/sports-people that tweet interesting news. :p

Need to create a small website that allows for twitter/facebook login authentication and a few other tidbits for one of my assignments.

Fixed1979

Hopefully this is good news.

It seemed really strange for someone to be saying that when he's concussed and out for 2 weeks while he's still being tested. The Canucks are usually pretty careful about releasing player injury/health reports, I'm assuming it'll be even more so with a Sedin. I wouldn't believe anything until there's a statement from the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom