• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroGravity

I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago, Philly or Tampa drafted him with their late first rounders.
I'd kind of be shocked if it was us, given we already have Tokarski in our system. Our late first rounder will probably be used in a trade for a goalie.

AV also said Gragnani would get PP time. I for one am looking forward to seeing him, better to showcase now than in the Playoffs...
I'm looking forward to Gragnani too, but the scouting report on him is that he's basically Hodgson on defense. Solid offensive upside, but iffy defensive play and requires sheltered minutes to succeed. I'm not sure how well he fits on the blueline when the Canucks need all three pairings to be capable of playing big minutes in the playoffs.

On one hand, I understand that AV wants to use a low-event and predictable partner in Rome to go with Gragnani, but at the same time, Rome's a bit of adventure himself. Tanev might be the rook, but he's been more defensively responsible than Rome, and is more of a sure bet on the back end. Not to mention, he's been consistently improving the play of his D-partners: Ballard, Rome, Edler, etc.

Also, Canucks really need to figure out their second line. It's an absolute mess right now. At least last season, Kesler was on fire and could carry it by himself, this year, he isn't, and it's really bringing the line down as a whole. If they don't start putting up the points consistently soon, then I'm going to be very worried. Kassian should be on that line instead of Raymond. Raymond has great possession numbers and excellent defensive plays, he should be on a checking line, not a scoring line.

I wonder how far Bell/Rogers will go to ensure the Leafs are always on the front page and talked about non-stop..........would they purposefully keep the Leafs in disarray with drama to get higher ratings?

Montresor

Thinking about the way the Leafs are playing has me sad... =( On Fan590 a conversation veered towards "it's unbelievable, they're only 4 points out [of 8th] and we're talking like they're 13th out. But it feels that way."

Thinking about the way the Leafs are playing has me sad... =( On Fan590 a conversation veered towards "it's unbelievable, they're only 4 points out [of 8th] and we're talking like they're 13th out. But it feels that way."

Not winning in 2 weeks will do that

At least the game I paid to go to was the one they at least got a point in =/

Peter Mueller will be in the Avalanche lineup tonight — albeit on the fourth line.

Mueller, one of the team's most skilled forwards, will take Chuck Kobasew's spot in the lineup when the Avs host the last-place Columbus Blue Jackets at the Pepsi Center. Mueller will skate with Cody McLeod and Jay McClement.

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

cube444

They are also "only" four points from 14th and those teams below them have a game in hand too.

fallout

:| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
Man, I remember picking him up in a hockey pool semi-late back in 07-08. I think he was the only reason I did so well that year. It's kind of shame what all those injuries have done to him. I hope he can come back to form.

Man, I remember picking him up in a hockey pool semi-late back in 07-08. I think he was the only reason I did so well that year. It's kind of shame what all those injuries have done to him. I hope he can come back to form.

He's been playing just fine when he's in the lineup. He wasn't demoted to the 4th line, he was put there because Sacco is a fucking moron. Kobasew is injured and instead of putting Capt. 'Production' on the 4th line like he deserves, he's putting Mueller there.

Revenant

Hawks were up and down last year as well and they took the Nucks to the brink. If they get a favorable matchup they could definitely win a round this year.

oh boy....

639_tommy-lee-jones-serious.gif

Socreges

Banned
I would probably have to burn Toronto to the ground if that happened or if he somehow played for another NHL team, thankfully that is very highly unlikely of every happening.

The thought of Datsyuk somehow receiving an offer sheet is pretty funny.

Note: Only RFAs can receive offer sheets.

Marvie_3

Banned
Sounds like Mike Kitchen might be on his way out finally. Blackhawks had Barry Smith in working on the PP today(normally Kitchen's job). Long overdue if he does get the axe.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I am unaware of what creepy gaf is, but feel like it's better if it stays that way.

Socreges

Banned
Spectre, you're not giving enough credit to Rome. He's a good conservative partner for Gragnani. They'll get like 8 minutes against the 3rd/4th lines anyhow.

Did anybody know that the "G" in Hodgson is silent? It's pronounced "Hodson". Learn something new every day.
Interesting how Hodgson moving to the Sabres (EC American team) leads to exposure like this (Rangers fan hearing more about him).

How is Kassian supposed to be pronounced, btw? Cash-un or Cass-ee-un? Would've guessed the latter, but someone was saying it's actually the former.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389236

TORONTO -- Ontario's governing Liberals are downplaying reports that the Ottawa Senators could go out of business if the province closes what they're calling a tax loophole.

The cash-strapped government wants to scrap a tax exemption allowing businesses to write off up to 50 per cent of all tickets and luxury suites for sporting events.

But the Senators hockey organization says it can't survive without the tax credit because it operates in a smaller market than other teams, like the Toronto Maple Leafs.

That's just great, Dalton McIdiot runs the province into debt and these are the kinds of cuts he's looking at.
This will hit the corporate support for the team here pretty hard if business can't write off 50% of the luxury suites.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game

That's just great, Dalton McIdiot runs the province into debt and these are the kinds of cuts he's looking at.
This will hit the corporate support for the team here pretty hard if business can't write off 50% of the luxury suites.

Since when is closing a tax loophole a "cut"? Besides, don't bring politics into NHLGAF. The Ottawa senators struggling to survive is simply a fact of life, regardless of who's in power.

Marvie_3

Banned

Only $15 million a year and they're thinking of getting rid of it? I would think the income tax from the Senators/visiting players would cover that easily.

Since when is closing a tax loophole a "cut"? Besides, don't bring politics into NHLGAF. The Ottawa senators struggling to survive is simply a fact of life, regardless of who's in power.

If only the Senators had a huge group of brainwashed retards willing to spend absurd amounts of money for a shit team like the other NHL club in Ontario......

fallout

Only $15 million a year and they're thinking of getting rid of it? I would think the income tax from the Senators/visiting players would cover that easily.
Stats!

Ontario's expenses are around $124 Billion, with a deficit of $16.3 billion. Saving $15 million would take about a 0.09% chunk out of that deficit.

Socreges

Banned
Aaron Rome: Worlds greatest handjobs
I mean, how else can he get a free ticket into the line up all the time?

Get with the times. Rome is now a reliable dman, better defensively than Ballard or Alberts. Hell, he's better offensively, too, it seems. And Gragnani/Rome is less scary to me than Gragnani/Tanev.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom