• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Movember Thread of George Parros and his mustache tickles when he goes down on gi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revenant

Doesn't minnesota have Vancouver's number? i swear whenever i see a score or turn on a game it seems like Minnesota is playing them tough.

Socreges

Banned
Rev, we normally win the season series against them, but I'm pretty sure we've had a terrible record IN Minnesota for the past while now.

MacAttack said:
I was going to ask you about that eye... does it look any better than it did in the playoffs?

I gotta imagine his peripheral vision on that side will never be the same.
Still looks droopy.

Canucks are awful tonight. Easily the worst they've looked all season.

t0mp

yankeehater said:
This is definitely rock bottom for the Flyers. Their defense was horrible tonight and Bob also sucked.
What in the fuck? Bob had like 40 saves. Just because we lost in a shootout against a team that apparently killed your mom doesn't mean we're at rock bottom.

t0mp said:
What in the fuck? Bob had like 40 saves. Just because we lost in a shootout against a team that apparently killed your mom doesn't mean we're at rock bottom.

You guys are fine, you haven't hit Detroit levels just yet.

Curufinwe

Spire said:
Staal is out, Letang still iffy.

On a totally unrelated note, you cut your wrists length-wise correct? Not across?

Not winning a Cup in two whole seasons must be tough, but hang in there.

t0mp said:

Bob was good in the game, terrible in the shootout. But you're right, the Flyers are well above rock bottom. They just need Pronger back ASAP.

Revenant

Socreges said:
Rev, we normally win the season series against them, but I'm pretty sure we've had a terrible record IN Minnesota for the past while now.

Still looks droopy.

gotcha, must be catching minny home games then.

looks like Schneider has been bombarded tonight, I'm gonna guess the guys in front him him are all over the place..

RC

Banned
Socreges said:

Still looks droopy.

Without a doubt. Our d-men look lost out there. All the line juggling in the world won't fix that.

MacAttack

Anybody else watch all three shootouts tonight? Who do you think had the best goal?

Its a toss up between Gaborik and Selanne for me with Gaborik taking the prize.

Levyne

Banned
Crawford bailed us out of an embarrassing loss with saves near the end and in the shootout. So I'm gonna steal and post this guy again.

Crawfish_full_size.gif

Revenant

CrazedArabMan said:
You guys are fine, you haven't hit Detroit levels just yet.

Spire said:
Staal is out, Letang still iffy.

On a totally unrelated note, you cut your wrists length-wise correct? Not across?

2egd8xs.jpg

Khold said:
Crawford bailed us out of an embarrassing loss with saves near the end and in the shootout. So I'm gonna steal and post this guy again.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af236/AustinMLE/Animated/Crawfish_full_size.gif

YESS KEEP THE ANIMATED CRAW ALIVE.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Revenant said:
gotcha, must be catching minny home games then.

looks like Schneider has been bombarded tonight, I'm gonna guess the guys in front him him are all over the place..

Yup, everyone's running around like headless chickens. Schneider's standing on his head dealing with odd man rushes, tips, full fucking slapshots.
Bieksa should be benched. Malhotra's a -3 and has been demoted.

It should be at least 8-1 given the flow of the game.

Tabris

Man what's going on with Kesler and Maholtra? We need those two to step up, they were our defensive rocks for forwards last year.

Bieksa let things like that goal he scored in SJ get to his head too much and he's trying to be too offensive. Get back to basics and be out shut down guy again.

Socreges

Banned
Holy fuck Clutterbuck punched the linesman TWICE in the face. Just rewound it

What a God-damned idiot. This all started with him running Ballard (and missing), too

Tabris said:
Man what's going on with Kesler and Maholtra? We need those two to step up, they were our defensive rocks for forwards last year.
Dave from Vancouver just told Andy Frost on "Leafs Talk" that the Canucks will be a solid .500 team this season.

RC

Banned
Socreges said:
Holy fuck Clutterbuck punched the linesman TWICE in the face. Just rewound it

What a God-damned idiot. This all started with him running Ballard (and missing), too
Need to find a clip of this.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Epic Tales of Penis said:
I don't get it. There's ZERO rivalry there and yet ALL you Vancouver fans in this thread hate the Leafs. Is it because you guys feel isolated out there on the West Coast? Is it the red-headed stepchild syndrome?

We honestly don't give a fuck about your team.

You guys are sad.

Haha I should have clarified. I'm an Ontario boy whose been living out west for the past 3 years. I grew up loving the Habs & Canucks (Pavel Bure was my favourite player as a kid), and my brother became I die hard Leafs fan. Where we lived (LaSalle, On), you got pretty much Red Wings and Leafs all over the sports channels, and with my parents ordering Leafs TV for my brother, he was set. I had to settle for catching Habs games on the French language CBC or on HNIC when the faced the Leafs, and staying up late to catch Canucks games. I'd watch any game I could, and would follow the teams into their playoff runs.

A lot of playoff memories, from watching the Habs beat the Bruins and then fall to the Canes after being ahead in the series in 02, and the Canaucks taking two on the road in Detriot only to fuck up and lose in the same 02 playoffs. To the back to back Canucks loses to the Hawks, and then this past year, which was a doubly painful. So in short my "hate" for Toronto isn't rooted in any "we hate Toronto just cause" aspect, but more in that my brother's over the top display of fan hysteria when it comes to the team he supports, just gives me a negative feeling towards the team he likes. I hope that makes sense.

Socreges

Banned
Heshinsi said:
Haha I should have clarified. I'm an Ontario boy whose been living out west for the past 3 years. I grew up loving the Habs & Canucks (Pavel Bure was my favourite player as a kid), and my brother became I die hard Leafs fan. Where we lived (LaSalle, On), you got pretty much Red Wings and Leafs all over the sports channels, and with my parents ordering Leafs TV for my brother, he was set. I had to settle for catching Habs games on the French language CBC or on HNIC when the faced the Leafs, and staying up late to catch Canucks games. I'd watch any game I could, and would follow the teams into their playoff runs.

A lot of playoff memories, from watching the Habs beat the Bruins and then fall to the Canes after being ahead in the series in 02, and the Canaucks taking two on the road in Detriot only to fuck up and lose in the same 02 playoffs. To the back to back Canucks loses to the Hawks, and then this past year, which was a doubly painful. So in short my "hate" for Toronto isn't rooted in any "we hate Toronto just cause" aspect, but more in that my brother's over the top display of fan hysteria when it comes to the team he supports, just gives me a negative feeling towards the team he likes. I hope that makes sense.
Nah nah. Red-headed stepchild! Whatever that might mean.

Manics

Banned
Heshinsi said:

Makes perfect sense, you hate your family.

Heretic

CrazedArabMan said:
Yes if you don't mind the giant bottle of suicide pills I have ready when it is confirmed they don't make the playoffs this year.
We play each other next so those pills WILL be gone on Saturday.

Socreges said:
Nah nah. Red-headed stepchild! Whatever that might mean.

Anecdotally:

Today at work a friend and I were discussing things Canucks, when someone else outed me as a Leafs fan. I had to deal with the 'hoooboy' reactions. And this has been going on for years! I never understand why; I would say that Leafs fans have benign feelings to virtually all other Canadian teams, with exception given to the Senators, who become disgusting to us if we manage to make the play-offs by accident in the same year.

I really like the Canucks, and was gutted after the SCF. ;_;

Heshinsi, you're just playing with us. You may say you loathe the Leafs and Wings, but its no accident that you chose the Habs, or rather the bleu, blanc et rouge, as your 'favourite' team. What you're doing is obvious.

Tabris

Epic Tales of Penis said:
I didn't realize he signed Luongo to a 10 year contract.

I don't get it. There's ZERO rivalry there and yet ALL you Vancouver fans in this thread hate the Leafs. Is it because you guys feel isolated out there on the West Coast? Is it the red-headed stepchild syndrome?

We honestly don't give a fuck about your team.

You guys are sad.

pot-kettle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom