• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

calder

So, what the heck is going on in Carolina? Still same old, same old or are the small crowds now more worrisome?

With Houston openly talking about getting a new team, probably through expansion per John Shannon, and Seattle still very much in the mix I feel like there's going to be a move of an existing franchise in the next couple of years (ignoring the Islanders new home).

I'm actually surprised Pacioretty hasn't caught more of the blame yet simply because he's the captain, usually they get shit on when a team is struggling.

On JVR, I don't think his value on the ice can be matched with a replacement player on the Marlies, but I think you could argue that the value to the organization of the cap space you don't spend on him plus a replacement player is greater than the value of resigning him, especially if you can bring in another asset at the deadline.

You have to compare his value on the team for a long time at the cap hit he signs at vs. the difference in on-ice value of him and his replacement (which will be negative) + the value of his capspace + the value of what you can bring in via trade at their respective cap hit.

Bit of a tough decision because hes an elite offensive player who I think would take less than his market value to stay in Toronto but that still would probably be too much.

iLLmAtlc

It's not really fair to talk relocating the Canes until they have some success imo. Put any club in the league through like 7-8 seasons out of the playoffs and see how well they do. I think it's literally a handful that would still sell out.

imBask

Banned
I didn't want to mention it, but Pacioretty talked about how "our performances don't really matter in comparison to what's happening in California with the fires right now" bercause he has family there... and he also added that Galchenyuk should just "enjoy life and play hockey"

like I get it, I hope your family is well, but this has nothing to do with anything. How many teams have a nihilistic captain? "eh who cares it's just hockey and we're all gonna die anyway"

I can’t laugh at the habs really either. It fuckin sucks when you have a GM or a coach or an owner that seems immortal and they’re also just shit at their job. I will laugh at habs fans who want to play it off as circumstance that can’t be helped/not as bad as it seems in the big picture.

stagesofgrief.jpg

imBask

Banned
cette saison, il n'a pas l'air en bonne forme physique. On le voit dans les arrêts de jeu, il est toujours plié en deux. Il a l'air à bout de souffle, et il a de la misère à suivre le rythme.

"[...] this season, he looks out of shape... you can see him during the breaks he's exhausted, out of breath, he's unable to keep up"

-An anonymous NHL pro scout talking about Galchenyuk

inb4 Red blames the Canadiens cook for making chicken wings that are too tasty

God damnit Nieto is in for Jost who is taking a rest day for his leg. Nieto has sucked bad. Wilson centering Landeskog on that line.

This game may suck real bad. Hopefully Nemeth doesn’t see all that victory green and suddenly snap out of his amnesia.

God damnit Nieto is in for Jost who is taking a rest day for his leg. Nieto has sucked bad. Wilson centering Landeskog on that line.

This game may suck real bad. Hopefully Nemeth doesn’t see all that victory green and suddenly snap out of his amnesia.
I’m going so this would happen. Fuck the Bruins for that dirty ass hit. Fuck Backes, I know he wasn’t playing but all the same.

Wilson has been bad this season. Though the last game I went to against Nashville he scored a hat trick against us if I recall correctly.

Solo

"[...] this season, he looks out of shape... you can see him during the breaks he's exhausted, out of breath, he's unable to keep up"

-An anonymous NHL pro scout talking about Galchenyuk

inb4 Red blames the Canadiens cook for making chicken wings that are too tasty

I'd find that one very hard to believe. Question his hockey IQ and compete level on the ice all you want, but dude is known for being a gym rat.

At this point everyone is simply out for blood and will not be satisfied until he's traded for one of those chicken wings. Then we anoint a new whipping boy and start the cycle anew.

imBask

Banned
I'd find that one very hard to believe. Question his hockey IQ and compete level on the ice all you want, but dude is known for being a gym rat.

At this point everyone is simply out for blood and will not be satisfied until he's traded for one of those chicken wings.

Balancing your gym with fancy Montreal bars can do that

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Wilson has been bad this season. Though the last game I went to against Nashville he scored a hat trick against us if I recall correctly.

Wilson has not been good. Still not ready to write him off but that 4th line is an apathy line if I’ve ever seen one.

Edit: also Bernier is in

Sucks to hear, I was hoping that he'd be able to get going again under a different system. He has flashes of brilliance at times, but he's been overall mediocre for at least the last season or so.

Before the season started, I said that I would have dumped Craig Smith before Wilson. Smith has looked good so far, while Wilson apparently hasn't. I suppose that's why I'm not a GM, lol

Delryk

it's technically a "chien-chaud" but we all say roteux or hot dog

I bed to differ cuz if you use Chien-chaud, you'll get laughed at. LOL.

edit for fun, copy and pasted ; Non. Les québécois pour une large part ont rejeté catégoriquement chien chaud. Si quelqu'un employait ce terme, il se ferait rire au nez. Hot dog est l'emprunt employé universellement, ainsi que l'indiquera n'importe quel dictionnaire courant.

2nd edit cuz i've got nothing else to do at work and leaving in 20mins; checked 3 online dictionnaries and "chien chaud" or "chien-chaud" is not considered a word.. i'm actually shocked!

And in France, it's not chien-chaud, it's also Hot dog :)

Sucks to hear, I was hoping that he'd be able to get going again under a different system. He has flashes of brilliance at times, but he's been overall mediocre for at least the last season or so.

Before the season started, I said that I would have dumped Craig Smith before Wilson. Smith has looked good so far, while Wilson apparently hasn't. I suppose that's why I'm not a GM, lol

I still have some hope for him but I think it'll come down to Bednar motivating him.

I just played maybe my 7th ever online match in the EANHL franchise and it matchmade me alone vs 3 real players playing as the Metro Allstars and I was just the Avs. I fucked them up so badly that I'm wondering if the AI is just that much better than real players or what. 5-0 30 shots vs 7 shots.

edit: Seriously someone who would know better than me, is the AI actually good in 18 compared to average people online?

Marvie_3

Banned
I just played maybe my 7th ever online match in the EANHL franchise and it matchmade me alone vs 3 real players playing as the Metro Allstars and I was just the Avs. I fucked them up so badly that I'm wondering if the AI is just that much better than real players or what. 5-0 30 shots vs 7 shots.

edit: Seriously someone who would know better than me, is the AI actually good in 18 compared to average people online?
The AI is better at times but the game also has a tendency to go superhuman on a team with fewer human players.

The AI is better at times but the game also has a tendency to go superhuman on a team with fewer human players.

Oh alright, that explains a few situations. Rubberbanding AI. Reminds me of that shit about Overwatch where they eventually start putting you in matches lower than your MMR so you feel like you're making progress.

Top Bottom