• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

imBask

Banned
So you've finally come out as Don Cherry, good to know.

PREDICTIVE STATS aren't the end all be all of everything, they don't represent everything, they don't tell you everything, they're stats

Hockey has a huge amount of luck, and a billion other factors

you keep hammering the fucking shooting percentage like it's the only thing that matters, when in reality 10% of the season is gone and we're last in the fucking god damn fucking league you fucking idiot

I DON'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT SHOT PERCENTAGE I CARE ABOUT HAVING A TEAM THAT CAN WIN THE CUP AND THIS IS NOT THE TEAM AND THE STANDINGS REFLECTS THAT

I DON'T WANT TO WIN THE CORSI FUCKIGN GAME GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

imBask

Banned
you LITERALLY told me that Timmins had a 5 year plan for McCarron so it was too early to call it quit since this is the beginning of year 5

get fucking real for once

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
grosserflachmann.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs set a franchise record for shots in a period there with 30, but still significantly worse than Therrien's Montreal Desharnais'.

PREDICTIVE STATS aren't the end all be all of everything, they don't represent everything, they don't tell you everything, they're stats

Hockey has a huge amount of luck, and a billion other factors

you keep hammering the fucking shooting percentage like it's the only thing that matters, when in reality 10% of the season is gone and we're last in the fucking god damn fucking league you fucking idiot

I DON'T FUCKING CARE ABOUT SHOT PERCENTAGE I CARE ABOUT HAVING A TEAM THAT CAN WIN THE CUP AND THIS IS NOT THE TEAM AND THE STANDINGS REFLECTS THAT

I DON'T WANT TO WIN THE CORSI FUCKIGN GAME GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
First of all, big difference between corsi and shooting percentage, so obviously you're not very aware of the importance or meaning either. Second of all, I don't worship advanced stats like a lot of people, but of all the stats, PDO and shooting % have been one of the most dependable ones you can base predictions on, and the Habs shooting % is historically low and won't stay that way. That being said, I also watch the games, and see how few chances they score on, and the crazy goals being scored again. Price isn't this bad and the forwards aren't this bad, plain and simple.

imBask

Banned
you actually believe we're getting scored on by "crazy goals"

Bad puck luck folks!

just root for the Leafs please do us all a favor. They fucking love koolaid over there

Red_Man

I get it, used to the old Cherry narrative, whatever works for you. This team isn't worse than Arizona and they're not better than Pittsburgh. Plain and simple.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Creeper stole Price's new baby.

Calamari, did you become significantly worse at your job after Creeper stole your kid?

Red_Man

thanks for your hot analysis here's another one

according to predictive stats, Pacioretty will score between 1 and 55 goals
According to you he's the worst captain in team history, a complete floater, completely useless and needs to be traded for spare parts 🤷🏻*♂️

Red_Man

Lmao perfect example of a fluke goal, happy now? That's puck luck and it exist whether you choose to accept it or not.

imBask

Banned
According to you he's the worst captain in team history, a complete floater, completely useless and needs to be traded for spare parts ����*♂️

are strawmen part of advanced stats or something?

hey look we're trailing by 2 again! Bad puck luck

How about your precious Galchenyuk tho? no shot on goal

55% corsi tho so it's all good, bad puck luck

Solo

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

imBask

Banned
oh look, ANOTHER bad puck luck! 6-2!

man I can't believe how unlucky this fucking team is

That defense is NOT significantly worse tho

Red_Man

are strawmen part of advanced stats or something?

hey look we're trailing by 2 again! Bad puck luck

How about your precious Galchenyuk tho? no shot on goal

55% corsi tho so it's all good, bad puck luck
What straw men? All you've done is shit on Pacioretty and say how worthless of a captain he is. While we're at it, let's trade AGally for a 4th round pick because he's garbage apparently.

imBask

Banned
What straw men? All you've done is shit on Pacioretty and say how worthless of a captain he is. While we're at it, let's trade AGally for a 4th round pick because he's garbage apparently.

Isn't he tho?

go any stats to show me how great this fucking bum is?

Top Bottom