• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

iLLmAtlc

good for rest of the west but i think it's pretty silly to see one of the best teams in the league by any measure get dismantled for losing to SC champs. piling on past playoff failures don't really make a whole lot of sense to me because i don't see much resemblance in those older teams and last year's team.

Quick

Banned
kRJO6.gif

I BET THAT WAS A GOOD MIMICO KID POURING THAT BUCKET.

Not sure if stripping the "C" is a good way to change the culture of a team. If I was Thornton, I'd be pretty upset: months after getting a vote of confidence from management by signing an extension, the team loses in the first round (to the Cup champs), everyone says things will be different, then they spend the summer sitting on their hands.

On the one hand the Sharks are a contender and making questionable trades/signings doesn't help anyone. But there's going into next year with the same team, and then there's going into next year with the same team and a leadership void. I think they would've been better off leaving the "C" with Thornton.

zroid

Banned
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Thornton is given back the captaincy before the regular season starts, and this whole thing was mostly a gimmick to convince people that he still "deserves" it.

Fei

You guys gifting a top two pick to Buffalo are really sleeping on Ondrej Pavelec's ability to crater this season.

At times I do worry about this, but then I look at our roster.

Just saw the changes to how the draft order will be determined.

Fuck you NHL.

Fuck you.

Don't sweat it. Buffalo's overall odds might actually not change too much. Remember the Sabres own the Islanders and Blues 1st pick. If the Isles and/or Blues miss the playoffs, those picks will have a higher chance in the lottery, and the Sabres' cumulative probability in the lottery could end up about the same.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I got an invitation from the Swiss embassy in Vancouver to attend a screening of "The White Code".

WHO OF YOU WORKS AT THE SWISS EMBASSY YOU CUNTS

Samyy

Okay, I'll keep track and throw up a list with PSNs from the excel thing.

Pre-ordered.

Can you be part of multiple clans? If so, let's make an NHLGAF one.

I pretty much been on a media blackout, didn't even play the beta beyond maybe 30minutes so dunno.

So I've bought all my hockey gear except skates. Is there a certain brand/style I should get? I'm thinking about spending $300. I'm assuming that should a nice middle of the road to start with?

So I've bought all my hockey gear except skates. Is there a certain brand/style I should get? I'm thinking about spending $300. I'm assuming that should a nice middle of the road to start with?

Depends on your foot, go to a hockey shop and get someone who knows there junk and try on a lot of pairs of skates. Some skates (like my Bauer Vapors) are meant for a narrow foot, others skates maybe for wider feet. Just try them on and keep asking questions, they should fit snug and tight but not hurt, also get them baked on your feet.

Depends on your foot, go to a hockey shop and get someone who knows there junk and try on a lot of pairs of skates. Some skates (like my Bauer Vapors) are meant for a narrow foot, others skates maybe for wider feet. Just try them on and keep asking questions, they should fit snug and tight but not hurt, also get them baked on your feet.
Ah, so it literally just comes down to fit, nothing else really? I've been buying my stuff from hockey monkey so I'll probably just stop by there then.

Ah, so it literally just comes down to fit, nothing else really? I've been buying my stuff from hockey monkey so I'll probably just stop by there then.

Some skates do feel different, but it will all depend on weight, how they fit, how you get the blade contoured, etc... But there are some differences in skates depending on the price though.

RC

Banned
I've been on a super-hero movie tilt recently:

Thor The Dark World: Actually decent, better than the first. Loki really does make everything better.

Iron Man 3: Garbage. Tony Stark should just stick to the Avengers movies.

The Wolverine: This could've been a pretty good movie, if it wasn't for the shitty plot, and the sheer awfulness of the final act. The Wolverine and Jean sequences were great, you really get a sense of the man behind the adamantum.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Iron Man 3: Garbage. Tony Stark should just stick to the Avengers movies.
Biggest let down of a movie in years for me personally. Was built up to be so much more, and the twist is awful imo.

Edit: It's early, but I don't care

ChiefGlossyGrassspider.gif

Top Bottom