• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm excited for Destiny, the only thing that worries me is there is almost no variety in all the footage. Every trailer is just 4 guys walking through a desert or foliage shooting at the same 3 different enemies. I didn't get extensive play time with the beta, but I hope the story and the depth of the gameplay are up to par.

The first Iron Man movie is the only decent one.
RDJ is the only thing that saves the 2nd and 3rd movies.

Marvie_3

Banned
F09PHbJ.gif
Perfect.

Drink cart girl on the golf course today. Also perfect.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Not sure if I mentioned it, but I cancelled my Sims 4 pre-order and placed one for Destiny. P

wise choice. very wise choice.

... I still have to figure out how to cancel my NHL15 pre-order. Maybe I can just return the game unopened with the receipt? not sure....

calder

Are you also getting Destiny?
We need a Destiny PS4 NHL-gaf list, there are too many of us!

Rolling around with random GAFers during the alpha and beta was fun as hell.

I'll take cold & rainy over this hot/humid bullshit anyday.

We just had a pretty huge thunderstorm, thank god. It's been hot and humid for like 2 weeks now, nothing more disgusting than it being 20C with 98% humidity at 9 in the morning.

Quick

Banned
Biggest let down of a movie in years for me personally. Was built up to be so much more, and the twist is awful imo.

Edit: It's early, but I don't care

ChiefGlossyGrassspider.gif

Who is this?

wise choice. very wise choice.

... I still have to figure out how to cancel my NHL15 pre-order. Maybe I can just return the game unopened with the receipt? not sure....

You can probably return it unopened for a full refund. You can probably do it when you pick it up. I'm assuming you did this at a specific store.

zroid

Banned
The TSN expansion to 5 channels goes live on Monday. Now they'll show SportsCentre re-runs for a combined 100 hours/day!

The TSN expansion to 5 channels goes live on Monday. Now they'll show SportsCentre re-runs for a combined 100 hours/day!

Probably more poker, golf, bowling, lumberjack games and other fake sports.

I'm excited for Destiny, the only thing that worries me is there is almost no variety in all the footage. Every trailer is just 4 guys walking through a desert or foliage shooting at the same 3 different enemies.

Yeah I noticed that too. Millions of dollars in advertising budget and that's all they can come up with?

Smiley90

Who is this?

You can probably return it unopened for a full refund. You can probably do it when you pick it up. I'm assuming you did this at a specific store.

During the E3 promo at futureshop, otherwise I'd know that it was a non-issue :/

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still debating Destiny. Still have games to finish and I'm more excited about Dragon Age, Halo and Forza Horizon 2. I'm sure I cave and get it though.

Quick

Banned
As an Islanders fan, I feel guilty for how excited I am about the team moving to Brooklyn.

Don't be. They're in a better place now.

Though, they did just decide to renovate the arena. It's funny that they decided to approve it after the Islanders left.

Y-COLISEUM-articleLarge.jpg

I have no idea why they need 5 channels

Pretty much. TSN 2 is basically SportsCentre: The Channel.

Having 5 channels gives them the opportunity to restructure their schedule, though.

antigoon

Don't be. They're in a better place now.

Though, they did just decide to renovate the arena. It's funny that they decided to approve it after the Islanders left.

Y-COLISEUM-articleLarge.jpg

I know I know. It's just that I grew up 5 minutes away from the Nassau Coliseum. I definitely feel really attached the area emotionally but a. I don't live on Long Island anymore, b. Barclay's center is beautiful, c. STREET CRED

Quick

Banned
I know I know. It's just that I grew up 5 minutes away from the Nassau Coliseum. I definitely feel really attached the area emotionally but a. I don't live on Long Island anymore, b. Barclay's center is beautiful, c. STREET CRED

barclays.jpg

Scoreboard is off-centre in relation to the ice surface, but that looks good to me anyway.

I wonder if renovations would be in the plans to make the arena more hockey-friendly. The jumbotron isn't a big deal to me, but I feel like seating capacity will become an issue as the Isles get more popular between 2015 to 2040.

On that note, I want to see the Isles get the Nets treatment with marketing. There's so much potential with their move to Brooklyn.

Smiley90

Oh my god, that picture is giving me OCD. WHY WOULD YOU PUT THE JUMBOTRON THERE?!

I'M PUNCHING THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING

THIS IS LIKE THAT TIME SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO TOUCH MY RIGHT ELBOW WITH MY RIGHT HAND

Quick

Banned
Oh my god, that picture is giving me OCD. WHY WOULD YOU PUT THE JUMBOTRON THERE?!

It's messing with me too, but it's still better than Nassau Coliseum.

I'M PUNCHING THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING

THIS IS LIKE THAT TIME SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO TOUCH MY RIGHT ELBOW WITH MY RIGHT HAND

In a moment of "fuck you, I can do it," I tried touching my right elbow with my right hand.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The ice would probably bug me more than the scoreboard.

Everything is lopsided in that picture.

I mean, look at the seating. There is no uniformity at all, no rhyme nor reason. I feel like I'm about to fall over just looking at it.

The picture is like an Escher painting.

Smiley90

I would be so distracted by that if I went to watch a game there. God damn that bugs me.

Just sit right behind the goal. Then it'll still be symmetrical. Unless they put it over top of one of the slots, in which case fuck them.

iLLmAtlc

Shit dropped my phone and the screen is in tact but the bottom portion of my phone does not respond to touch. Can't text without going into landscape, can't use the numbers on my keyboard, ergo can't restore, can't install cydia apps because i can't restart springboard. :|

Top Bottom