• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you think this is news to any avs fans you're sorely mistaken. Two things can be true.

edit: Shit I didn't even see you responded to my earlier thing. Here goes.

1)
Did I say the hawks get every call? Cause if that's what you're angling at, I'm not really surprised at this point. Any time someone raises a point about the league being lenient or showing favoritism to the Hawks you jump all over it and try to reframe the conversation into something else entirely. The league plays favorites with several teams and when you're not a fan of those teams it's rather obvious. And it's not even just about calls. Take a look at the history of DOPS rulings and high market teams/star players. It's favoritism all the way down. Is it your duty as a Hawks fan to defend this or call people conspiracy theorists when they raise concerns about it? Like goddamn, you must be on payroll. I'm still betting you're Q himself at this rate.

2)
It's good that the last pick isn't garuanteed to the last place team, that we can agree on. However, that isn't what happened. The last place team(s) ALL got fucked out of a top pick this year. Please, do tell, how that creates parity in this league or is even remotely fair.

3)
You'll get zero arguments out of me on how terrible our ownership is and by proxy the front office. This is something I've said throughout the years of posting here. You've made zero revelations here, but again, you're trying to reframe any concerns that the rich do in fact get richer in this league into "shut up you whiny fucking babies". Cool stuff, expected, but cool.

edit edit: And posting this gave me serious dejavu. Speaking of dejavu, happy birthday.
Was in r/hockey and there was endless shitting on of Kroeneke (sp?). Seems to be terrible through negligence though not outright sabatoge like fucking Harold Ballard...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just give him what he wants, he played his best hockey in years this season and we can't replace him.

Was in r/hockey and there was endless shitting on of Kroeneke (sp?). Seems to be terrible through negligence though not outright sabatoge like fucking Harold Ballard...

He doesn't intentionally sabotage, he just hasn't given a shit probably ever. When he bought the football team there were a lot of people in Denver hoping that'd be enough for him to sell the Avs but for whatever reason he just won't let go.

This was made several years ago but is still apt.

YbdT3kz.jpg

First rounder and established player (JVR).

That's not too terrible, and I also think he suits the Leafs needs more. I understand some concern though, just like I understand concern about Duchene's value at this point. I think Hamonic will do well with Calgary though, that seems like the type of situation he'll have the best chance of bouncing back in.

Marvie_3

Banned
He doesn't intentionally sabotage, he just hasn't given a shit probably ever. When he bought the football team there were a lot of people in Denver hoping that'd be enough for him to sell the Avs but for whatever reason he just won't let go.
Because he would lose out on 41 nights worth of ticket revenue. If he sells them he'd get lease payments but thats way less than the ticket revenue.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Friedman throwing out possible Phaneuf-Brown swap with LA. As a Sens fan, do not want, Phaneuf is far more useful and is worth his extra two million dollars over Brown.

calder

Ahh 30 thoughts, the best day of the week.

12. On the blue line: the Rangers and Brendan Smith appear headed towards a deal

boothisman.gif

It’s believed at least two Canadian teams — Ottawa and Winnipeg — are looking at Dmitry Kulikov as a left-handed option. He played for Guy Boucher in junior, and there’s no way last year is a true indication of his play.

He could actually work as a third pair LHD honestly. God know I wouldn't hold his shitty play on a shitty Sabres team last year against him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Saw the Brendan Smith stuff in the Post first, then Friedman. Good, good. Signing Smith was an absolute must after his performance in the playoffs.

The prevailing sentiment out in the ether right now seems to be that the Rangers will not be signing Shattenkirk, by the way. Been seeing that general assessment from various sources for days now.

Saw the Brendan Smith stuff in the Post first, then Friedman. Good, good. Signing Smith was an absolute must after his performance in the playoffs.

The prevailing sentiment out in the ether right now seems to be that the Rangers will not be signing Shattenkirk, by the way. Been seeing that general assessment from various sources for days now.

NJ make it happen.

calder

I have nothing against Shattenkirk but it would be kinda funny for him to be so openly trying to land in NY for so long and then get no interest from the Rangers (or Islanders).

Top Bottom