• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Awesome. I have a friend born and raised in Boston who's also a huge Habs fan. Feels good man. Well... You know what I'm saying.

I converted one of my friends in the US to a Flames fan, I half way hate myself for it. He wasn't a fan of any team though to be fair, he was a fan of hockey and one day I woke up and he was a fan and I made this face o_O and immediately thought "what have I done?"

Awesome. I have a friend born and raised in Boston who's also a huge Habs fan. Feels good man. Well... You know what I'm saying.

Haha well I was born in the US, grew up in NJ and pretty much became a Leafs fan on my own accord. Though Alexander Mogilny helped with that a lot as he was my all time favorite player. Funny as how I was never really a Devils fan.

:lol I don't mind when people from Sask make fun of the province, but people who aren't I will defend it.

No it's a great place, my mom, sister and cousins live in Regina/Quapelle Valley still. The weather sucks though, brutal winters, super hot dry summers. If I had to live there for whatever reason I wouldn't hate my life, I've lived in worse places :p

Surprised you didn't hop on the Oilers bandwagon since I assume you are the right age to grow up when Gretzky was god. I don't know why I never took to the oilers and chose the flames when I was younger considering most of my family are Oilers fans.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
No it's a great place, my mom, sister and cousins live in Regina/Quapelle Valley still. The weather sucks though, brutal winters, super hot dry summers. If I had to live there for whatever reason I wouldn't hate my life, I've lived in worse places :p

Surprised you didn't hop on the Oilers bandwagon since I assume you are the right age to grow up when Gretzky was god. I don't know why I never took to the oilers and chose the flames when I was younger considering most of my family are Oilers fans.

Yeah, lots of Oil fans growing up, once I was locked in with the Habs that was it.

I like Sask summers, evenings can get too cool in Alberta. Some places in Sask had pretty much 6 months of winter this season, :lol

Mr.Green

Hey, where'd Smash88 go

You didn't ban him?

I'm still employed.

hmmmm.gif

ShaneB

Sports :(

Seriously though, it's what I love and hate about sports, that unpredictablity, when something shocking happens. But it does make me go a little crazy sometimes, thinking about all the potential "what if?" scenarios that could've happened.

TUSR

Banned
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Bu_wQPukuz8/UCqu1YDaPsI/AAAAAAAAIbQ/p41-TlqkoXk/s400/hmmmm.gif

So I got to work this morning and google chrome and Internet explorer are no where to be found and the folders were changed at 9:46/9:47 last night. And their respective folders are locked out.

Only for me.

I also am not the admin of my own computer at work now.

On a side note my last day is on the 31st, I gave them 6 weeks notice.

Revenant

Everyone's picking Chicago in a quick series, and that's fine by me. The Wings have already exceeded expectations and going into this series with zero pressure to win is great. Hawks have everything to lose, as dropping this series would certainly go down as one of the biggest failures in their organization's history, while a loss for Detroit would just be seen as making the 2nd round in a rebuilding/transitional year.

It's gonna be a great series and I think Detroit will put up a fight for sure. I also look forward to some great hockey discussion with the Hawks fans, they're usually pretty
and
, always great to talk about
with them.

Wings in 7. Datsyuk and Zetterberg will carry us to glory.

d113AE1G5b0fch2cXUyOEw3H_400.jpg

also this picture is hilarious

leafs-fans-upset.jpg

Pens vs Sens - Islanders gave the Pens a good fight but their defense and goaltending let them down. The Sens will definitely be harder to score against, but the Pens are so stacked offensively I'm not even sure if Anderson and co. can stop them. Karlsson is looking like a guy who didn't skate for over 2 months. Not sold on Vokoun or Fleury so I'm going with the upset: OTT in 7

Bruins vs Rangers - The Rangers' deadline deals look pretty good right now, with Brassard leading their team in scoring. If Nash and Richards ever decide to start playing they could probably beat the Bruins. Lundqvist put together back-to-back shutouts while facing elimination; short of burnout the Rangers have a definite advantage in net.

I would bet the Bruins are feeling more relieved than anything after almost blowing a 3-1 series lead. Without Ference and Seidenberg their defense doesn't look so great. Chara looked a little gassed against the Leafs and his workload won't get any easier. NYR in 6

Hawks vs Wings - I didn't expect the Wings to beat the Ducks but the old guys pulled it off. The Hawks don't have any weaknesses though. CHI in 5

Kings vs Sharks - battle of California. Both teams seem built the same way and not much separates them. Sharks may be rusty while I thought the Kings got stronger as their series against the Blues went on. I want the Sharks to win but it will probably be LAK in 7

Last round: 4/8 (picked STL, ANH, MON, and VAN).

The collective groans of disappointment and cries of horror were heard throughout my building and neighbourhood last night for the Leafs. Me included :/

It's like Leafs became an overly cautious group once they got the lead and stopped being as aggressive. I never saw them actually attacking but rather playing like the last 30 mins was a constant power play for the Bruins (with the exception of that one breakaway). And I think I almost had a heart attack when Reimer did some kind of save that left him face down on the ice with a wide open net.

God damn what a collapse. Hope we get further next year. But for now, GG to the Bruins on that comeback.

Cat Party

People seem pretty high on the Kings right now. Lots of Kings in 7 picks, including The Goatee. The belief seems to be that Quick is back to form, but I don't know about that. St. Louis was pretty inept at finishing their chances. I'm very hopeful for the Sharks here. The three deep scoring threat is something they've never had before.

Cactus

Banned
People seem pretty high on the Kings right now. Lots of Kings in 7 picks, including The Goatee. The belief seems to be that Quick is back to form, but I don't know about that. St. Louis was pretty inept at finishing their chances. I'm very hopeful for the Sharks here. The three deep scoring threat is something they've never had before.

I like the Sharks a lot (one of the only teams left that I don't dislike), but it's hard to bet against the defending champions.

Acid08

Banned
Actually we had it in 2011. The third line just disappeared because Pavelski was playing really injured. The main problem now is that our 3 scoring lines are somewhat neutered with Havlat out. Torres, along with Pavs, make that line dangerous. With Desi slotted in it's not nearly as effective. I'd rather see Commander Sheppard on that line over Desi.

I'm hopeful for the team too but I'm not going to dismiss Quick. Guy can steal a series. Hell, last year he stole a Cup for the Kings.

UberTag

I would bet the Bruins are feeling more relieved than anything after almost blowing a 3-1 series lead. Without Ference and Seidenberg their defense doesn't look so great. Chara looked a little gassed against the Leafs and his workload won't get any easier. NYR in 6
I actually agree with you on everything you've noted here.

The biggest asset in the Bruins corner after that marathon series against Toronto is time. We don't play Game 2 against the Rangers until Sunday. Even if we play cautious on Thursday (a game I suspect we'll lose), so long as we can heal up our defense in time to make a solid run at splitting those first two home games on Sunday, we should be okay.

In retrospect, I would have liked the Washington matchup more because the Capitals are a worse team PLUS they would have had home ice which meant we wouldn't need to burn a home game while our defense recovers.

Samyy

Play the right games :p Play Civilization, you'll wonder where all the time went!

Oh I like how you mentioned the only game I really do play lmao, I don't really know what im doing though.
I bought Fire Emblem but im only 2 hours in, I should probably play that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Thought this was an entertaining anecdote from last night.

"According to the Washington Post, Pierre McGuire approached Lundqvist in the dressing room after the Rangers win and told him that Capitals assistant coach Calle Johansson asked for an autographed stick. Lundqvist reportedly smiled and asked a Rangers equipment manager to help him fulfill the request. Johansson is from Gotheburg, Sweden."

ShaneB

Oh I like how you mentioned the only game I really do play lmao, I don't really know what im doing though.
I bought Fire Emblem but im only 2 hours in, I should probably play that.

Well.. uh... play Xcom or FTL or Pinball FX 2, or wait for Pinball Arcade to come to Steam, etc etc! :) And yes, I dont know really know what I'm doing in Civ V either really, but I've been doing it for 80 hours, with a few victories :p

Thought this was an entertaining anecdote from last night.

"According to the Washington Post, Pierre McGuire approached Lundqvist in the dressing room after the Rangers win and told him that Capitals assistant coach Calle Johansson asked for an autographed stick. Lundqvist reportedly smiled and asked a Rangers equipment manager to help him fulfill the request. Johansson is from Gotheburg, Sweden."

Lundqvist is awesome and he's becoming one of my favorite players in the league. I truly believe that the Rangers are going to be the team to represent the east in the SCF.

Smash88

Banned
Damn, all this hate. I guess a lot of people are real salty.

You guys are really picking at straws aren't you, any thing to get a laugh. Keep staying upset over my "bandwagoning". At least I'm still in the playoffs Soc.

P.S. Nice detective work, you really got me with saying before and after that one time. Case Closed. :rollseyes:

P.P.S. Pretty funny that Leaf fans want me banned for friendly banter/shit talking in a sports thread. Grow up.

Socreges

Banned
Well.. uh... play Xcom or FTL or Pinball FX 2, or wait for Pinball Arcade to come to Steam, etc etc! :) And yes, I dont know really know what I'm doing in Civ V either really, but I've been doing it for 80 hours, with a few victories :p
I feel like I know what I'm doing in Civ V now, but I'd probably get raped (/pillaged) by a series vet.

Damn, all this hate. I guess a lot of people are real salty.

You guys are really picking at straws aren't you, any thing to get a laugh. Keep staying upset over my "bandwagoning". At least I'm still in the playoffs Soc.

P.S. Nice detective work, you really got me with saying before and after that one time. Case Closed. :rollseyes:

P.P.S. Pretty funny that Leaf fans want me banned for friendly banter/shit talking in a sports thread. Grow up.

You-Salty-1.gif

Top Bottom