• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata is Gold

LotusHD

Banned
image.php

It's ok Kat, it's ok :(

I like to do things in terms of Top 3, and it likely won't make the cut lol

But yea, Nier, Zelda, and Persona are my most hyped games this year. GR2 I had hype for, but I already knew it was going to be a good time. Ironically though I don't know if I'll be my GOTY, it's going to be that one game I'll forever recommend to people, or always remember in terms of unique gameplay lol

If only it came out last year...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Aw yis almost

rikichi

Awesome!

I might get the JP ver since it comes out a little bit earlier. Does anyone know if it'll be English friendly? Subtitles, Menu options, etc.

SheHateMe

Three games for me in the next month.

Nioh, Horizon, and the Queen 2B. Oops, I mean, Nier.

What a time for gaming.

So glad it went gold. Now I know there's no other delays.

Milijango

I like to do things in terms of Top 3, and it likely won't make the cut lol

But yea, Nier, Zelda, and Persona are my most hyped games this year. GR2 I had hype for, but I already knew it was going to be a good time. Ironically though I don't know if I'll be my GOTY, it's going to be that one game I'll forever recommend to people, or always remember in terms of unique gameplay lol

If only it came out last year...

Persona and Zelda don't need more evangelists, they're covered. NieR's demo (and probably Scalebound too in a roundabout way) did wonders for generating buzz. We need people to remember Gravity Rush 2.

And if it really doesn't make your top 3 then you know it's been an amazing year.

timmyp53

Still haven't got a chance to buy re7 yet. Backloggin continues with this game. I'm looking forward to fall and and everyone saying sony didn't have any games for ps4 the whole year.

Hektor

I still havent tried the demo!

As metal gear Rising is one of my favorit games, how similar is this game to that?

The combat feels very similar to it and they straight up recycle two different boss fights of it, so there is that.

Tho keep in mind that nier is an RPG in which you will also spend a lot of time doing things that aren't fighting.

Arttemis

Now put that team on a full-action spiritual successor to Metal Gear Rising. C'mon Disney, let the most qualified team work on the best IP! (EDIT - I'm referring to Star Wars).

cireza

This game looks great.

Secretly hoping for an Xbox One version because I don't have a PS4...

Neonep

Nier: Automata, Zelda, & Horizon all come out over a 7 day span. That pretty much covers my gaming for the year outside of Tekken 7 and hopefully Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite.

robotuw

Can't wait. All these games coming out recently have majorly tempted me but I'm holding out for Automata.
(and Persona after that)

Jiraiza

I still need to get out of the office and get home, so pretty much 20 days and 3 hours.

...but Nioh will keep me busy for the previous 2 weeks anyways. :D

Already have my week planned out for Nier. Wake up at 5AM in the morning, cook breakfast, take a shower, and sit on my chair rocking with glee as I stare at the clock tick down.

Gotta go get some hot pockets while I'm at it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No news on the PC version still, is ridiculous.
Just tell us the truth.

I'm not gonna double dip, ffs.

For what it's worth, the release date is listed as "early 2017" on the Squeenix store. Assuming "early 2017" means "before July", it suggests an exclusivity period of no more than three months.

This has been a day one buy one since the announcement. I doubt I will finish Horizon Zero Dawn in time play it at release, but I'm still buying it then.

Top Bottom