• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nier Automata is Gold

tumblr_inline_n4wmdqVphI1qh2kpf.gif

Cant wait. This is gonna be easy a GOTY contender.

We are just a few months in and my 2017 backlog is already starting to pile up. I really enjoyed the demo and I'm looking forward to it.

UrbanRats

For what it's worth, the release date is listed as "early 2017" on the Squeenix store. Assuming "early 2017" means "before July", it suggests an exclusivity period of no more than three months.

Stealth release 3 months later. Middling initial sales and the circle continues.

I just don't get why they don't say it.
Is it just to capitalize on double dippers? Or is it really so much in high water, the pc port, that they literally don't know? I'm not expecting it to be day and date with the ps4 version at this point, clearly, but i would like to know still, even if it's in goddamn 2018 (i know they said it isn't).

YES! Hope the Japanese version has full language support like the Japanese demo had, so I can play this a couple of weeks earlier.

I really enjoyed the demo. Maybe this has been asked to death, but can you play as different characters in certain parts of the game?

WITHE1982

This has went from just about on my radar to what is probably my most anticipated game this year.

All thanks to a very enjoyable demo and finally playing through NieR for the first time (
only endings C & D left to get
)

This has went from just about on my radar to what is probably my most anticipated game this year.

All thanks to a very enjoyable demo and finally playing through NieR for the first time (
only endings C & D left to get
)
Make sure to choose the first option first and keep a save just outside of the final area as there's no reason to do all that again.

pezzie

The games out in just under 3 weeks in Japan. If anything, this is cutting a retail release pretty close, surely? (or this is about a day 1 patch being done).

The Gemetsu noted that Saito said the game actually has gone gold a while ago, but making these twitter announcements seem all the rage these days.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
PS4 has too many games.

I'm not even saying it jokingly, its legitimately a problem juggling all these at this point

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Loved this bit from the Gematsu piece:

Saito noted that the game actually went gold long ago, but decided to announce it considering these sorts of tweets seem to be the latest trend.

Seems that Yoko mode is rubbing off on Saito-san!

Kyonashi

Day One and I never played NieR.

Even before the demo I had a gut feeling this game is going to be something special.

Greedings

Yeah, this is bothering me, everyone is pronouncing it like Automatic, like they don't know Automata is another word for robot.

I don't think I've heard anyone pronounce it out loud. I don't talk about games to anyone though, so that's probably why...

Shifty

Salty af about the radio silence on the PC release, but at least it gives me time to enjoy Yakuza 0 and Nioh first.

So many games, send help.

You smell that?... I think the PS4 is on fire.

No extinguisher required.

Raitaro

Please don't let this game fail due to the Switch + Zelda launch...

I need my Nier remaster (that Yoko Taro mentioned as a distinct possibility if N:A does well enough)...

Please don't let this game fail due to game journalists not understanding its quality (just like with Nier)...

Please don't let this be yet another bomb for Platinum Games (and possibly their last game)...

Please...

Top Bottom