• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Spoiler Thread

LotusHD

Banned
I want to fight Okabe. I bet he'd have the best boss theme. Also he'd hurt you with music Jakuzure style.

And a 1, and a 2, and a 3

tumblr_o99bbbgBuo1qlr8pbo1_500.gif

Music Attack!

86c42a909b1a5a894bba97b6565b8fad.jpg

Ruff

I'd probably like that fight if the song you were fighting to was actually good and not just earrape with bell sounds. Sounds even worse when it gets complicated.

edit: more like D3 I guess without the awful camera angles.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
3's was somehow worse.

Nah drakengard is fascinating. I knew yoko taro through drakengard firstly. Never played the first nier before automata.

spiritfox

I'd probably like that fight if the song you were fighting to was actually good and not just earrape with bell sounds. Sounds even worse when it gets complicated.

edit: more like D3 I guess without the awful camera angles.

Hey that was one of the best songs in D3.

Ruff

Now I'm just hunting down playthroughs to watch.

JUST GET OUT OF MY HEAD ALREADY GAME JESUS CHRIST.

Liam (Rising Superstream) bawled at the ending.
AngriestPat just finished today, he seemed to love it and it was fun watching him be so wrong about literally everything.
Cohh finished this week too. Haven't really seen any other streamers/LPers finish it with a facecam, which I like because I can see how they react to certain key moments.

bbangash

Neo Member
Unable to read 100 pages of this thread but do people seem to agree that the ending E credits boss is the player fulfilling 2B's wish of killing her "god" aka the creators of the game?? Meta but cool if that's what taro was going for, makes sense thematically imo.

wamberz1

Man this game has just been haunting me. I can't stop thinking about it....

Think I'm going to try and go for the platinum on a hard difficulty playthrough. Games like this drop once in a decade and I need to experience every drop.

Gbraga

AngriestPat just finished today, he seemed to love it and it was fun watching him be so wrong about literally everything.
Cohh finished this week too. Haven't really seen any other streamers/LPers finish it with a facecam, which I like because I can see how they react to certain key moments.

Just watched Liam's final VOD.

Damn...

I got shivers with him, and cried all over again. What a powerful ending.

Until late last year, I wasn't too sure about this gen. Bloodborne was one of the greatest games of all time, but other than that, it was ok. The Last Guardian and Automata changed that, to me.

It's amazing how close to each other these two incredibly powerful games that deeply affected me came out.

And with Platinum developing it, Automata came to the discussion "story vs gameplay" posting whynotboth.gif

Now let's watch Pat's video.

Ferrio

Banned

Cirno broke down during the Pascal part.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Finished the game this weekend, and it blew me away.

Playing it right after Breath of the Wild was an extraordinary experience for me. The two games are like the Yin and Yang of each other in the most polarizing ways. One focuses on self-directed gameplay, while the other focuses on narrative. One is pure escapism, while the other forces you to be introspective. Both achieving in my opinion, their goals perfectly and both dominated my mind over the last month in completely different and amazing ways and will likely wind up being two of my top 5 games I've ever played.

Just wow, what a month

Gbraga

Here's a link to one of Cirno's

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/129679628

This vod has the pascal part in it, toward the end. You'll have to look at the other videos if you want the full playthrough.

Whenever he plays a game with any emotional impact he'll end up crying, Danganronpa 2 and Steins Gate destroyed him as well.

Thanks for the link! For some reason I'm having trouble searching his archives.

So do we know why the failed (Nier 1) Devola and Popola were as strong as they were? I feel like the models in this game weren't as powerful.

Probably by design, to be able to oversee such an important project and keep everything in check. The ones in this game are definitely not as powerful, but that's because all models were reprogrammed and had their memories wiped at some point, and were made to feel guilt. It would be wise to nerf them a little bit if they're intentionally putting them out in the world to be hated.

Ferr986

Cirno broke down during the Pascal part.

Pascal was the best/hardest part in the game, but especially AFTER everything happens and you go back to the village. Him naively selling the parts of the dead robo children he wanted to protect that much... damn!

Dinda

Pascal was the best/hardest part in the game, but especially AFTER everything happens and you go back to the village. Him naively selling the parts of the dead robo children he wanted to protect that much... damn!

Shit. I didn't know that. I killed him. I mean he wouldn't be Pascal without his memories, so it seemed like the better thing to do, and reading that with the village after...it definitely is the right thing to do...Pascal wouldn't want to be that.

LotusHD

Banned

I always try to lead people to see Pascal in the village after the "incident" by strongly suggesting they play as A2 until they're forced to play as 9S.

I figure, once they deal with Pascal, there's a high likelihood they'll be curious to see what the village looks like now.

Or maybe they decide to kill Pascal and never get that far lmao

Y'all should help me.

tsundoku

I think i'm pretty close to the end. I got endings A B and C and the chapter select but i've heard rumblings there is both a D and E?
I'm assuming D is siding with 9S instead of 2A but I don't have a clear path to D/E whichever is the last one.

I specifically asked some people on a discord a few days ago and they told me you don't need to 100% weapons or sidequests or anything to get all the main endings. Or did they just mean you can get there by buying your way through the secret shop and you do need at least the "acheivements" for 80%-100%ing your way through the normal stuff

That secret shop is fucking fantastic and the biggest and greatest fuck-you to trophies. I don't want to do the boring fishing minigame or go comb the world that I already bled to death for pods and pod programs and weapons I somehow missed. So I get to just buy my way out of it with my absurd monetary reserves.

I don't understand how I missed so many sidequests looking at the chapter select, but aside from annoying quests that seem like they finished but have one last handin to do (which you have to start all the way over again when you start a new route or trigger it with chapter select) i've really enjoyed the quest text and developments and little mysteries. Getting the 20whatever optional endings and Finishing up sidequests with chapter select are probably the only two things im not going to buy my way out of.

I also need to figure out with chapter select how to get past that damn sandstorm that refuses to let me get a photograph location for that super early 2B/9S quest.

Ferr986

I always try to lead people to see Pascal in the village after the "incident" by strongly suggesting they play as A2 until they're forced to play as 9S.

I figure, once they deal with Pascal, there's a high likelihood they'll be curious to see what the village looks like now.

Or maybe they decide to kill Pascal and never get that far lmao

Y'all should help me.

Yeah I remember you told me on the OT that keep playing with A2 until the end, so I should thank you for that
or maybe not lol poor Pascal :_(

Shit. I didn't know that. I killed him. I mean he wouldn't be Pascal without his memories, so it seemed like the better thing to do, and reading that with the village after...it definitely is the right thing to do...Pascal wouldn't want to be that.

Yeah after seeing that I had my doubts if I did the right thing.

LotusHD

Banned
I think i'm pretty close to the end. I got endings A B and C and the chapter select but i've heard rumblings there is both a D and E?
I'm assuming D is siding with 9S instead of 2A but I don't have a clear path to D/E whichever is the last one.

I specifically asked some people on a discord a few days ago and they told me you don't need to 100% weapons or sidequests or anything to get all the main endings. Or did they just mean you can get there by buying your way through the secret shop and you do need at least the "acheivements" for 80%-100%ing your way through the normal stuff

That secret shop is fucking fantastic and the biggest and greatest fuck-you to trophies. I don't want to do the boring fishing minigame or go comb the world that I already bled to death for pods and pod programs and weapons I somehow missed. So I get to just buy my way out of it with my absurd monetary reserves.

I don't understand how I missed so many sidequests looking at the chapter select, but aside from annoying quests that seem like they finished but have one last handin to do (which you have to start all the way over again when you start a new route or trigger it with chapter select) i've really enjoyed the quest text and developments and little mysteries. Getting the 20whatever optional endings and Finishing up sidequests with chapter select are probably the only two things im not going to buy my way out of.

I also need to figure out with chapter select how to get past that damn sandstorm that refuses to let me get a photograph location for that super early 2B/9S quest.

Get out of here lol

Use Chapter Select to pick 9S to fight as, and then Ending D and E progress naturally from that.

And regarding the trophies, please keep it on the hush hush!

Yeah I remember you told me on the OT that keep playing with A2 until the end, so I should thank you for that
or maybe not lol poor Pascal :_(

Heh, you're welcome.

Just chapter select to the 9S vs A2 fight and you're good.

You need to do it for a bonus fight/bad ending, but not for any of the main ones. Achievements have no bearing on anything in-game.

tsundoku

Get out of here lol

Use Chapter Select to pick 9S to fight as, and then Ending D and E progress naturally from that.

And regarding the trophies, please keep it on the hush hush!

Heh, you're welcome.

I figured spoiler thread would be the one place I could go for help/speak freely. oops i guess?

thanks though. just did a blind post and scrolled looking for green quotebox

Does no other android know of or recognize Emil as part of the world? Lol

So what Exactly happens after E,
when the pods bring all the parts back together?

LotusHD

Banned
Does no other android know of or recognize Emil as part of the world? Lol

So what Exactly happens after E,
when the pods bring all the parts back together?

They get fixed up I guess, and go on to live their lives. Emil Heads' weapon story suggests that it was all for naught tho...

Top Bottom