• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nights of Azure Limited Edition JRPG (PS4) Almost sold out!

SarusGray

I almost bit late last week but it looks like a game that would be perma-backlog and I really have to stop getting LE stuff that piles up.

I clicked today and it said sold out.

yeah looks like its sold out, and yeah, I rarely buy LE but this was one of the LE that I couldn't pass up.

AniHawk

Possibly! It's been restocked twice because it nearly sold out! I also believe its sold out right now :V. I think that GUST/Koei Tecmo was wise to tap into the limited edition collector's market. They know we passionate collectors gobble this up!

depending on the goods in a set, a quantity doesn't need to be decided until a certain point. paper items like books, boxes, and prints are the easiest to make and take the shortest turnaround time. cloth material takes more time, and figures can take a super long time (which is why you almost never see them for a niche company). i'm guessing the initial goal was reached and surpassed, but a number had to be called due to the cloth poster.

the same happened to the natural doctrine limited edition. i think they only had those bags made way in advance and there was no way to increase the amount after a certain time or else they would have.

SephLuis

Is it actually good? It looks kinda cool, but if its another RPG with a bunch of crafting, I am out.

More combat focused, though it has some random generated fetch quests.

It`s more like Castlevania Curse of Darkness than Atelier though, I really liked it.

if you don't need it don't buy it silly! I must HAVE that sound track though <3

We think alike. Bought the JPN Premium package just for the OST.

Worth it.

Volcynika

More combat focused, though it has some random generated fetch quests.

It`s more like Castlevania Curse of Darkness than Atelier though, I really liked it.

We think alike. Bought the JPN Premium package just for the OST.

Worth it.

:eek:

I loved Curse of Darkness. Fun action and great music.

Eusis

Similar in combat, or similar in world exploration? If the latter does this have a more interestingly designed world to explore or no? I never actually played CoD, but I did play LoI and it sounds like it shares those pros/cons (great combat system, mediocre exploration.) But, CoD DID go a more proper Metroid design rather than something that at best is more like Fusion/Other M, and it'd be neat to see another action RPG go that route (though the post-Demon's Souls games kind of did anyway...)

SephLuis

Similar in combat, or similar in world exploration? If the latter does this have a more interestingly designed world to explore or no? I never actually played CoD, but I did play LoI and it sounds like it shares those pros/cons (great combat system, mediocre exploration.) But, CoD DID go a more proper Metroid design rather than something that at best is more like Fusion/Other M, and it'd be neat to see another action RPG go that route (though the post-Demon's Souls games kind of did anyway...)

Combat. Though, I don`t remember much exploration in Curse of Darkness either.
You have maps that are connected and some of the are stages that are linear.
You will explore more if you do the fetch side quests, but even then it`s a stretch.

Here`s a video of the first chapter of the game if you want:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTKi2gksEk

SarusGray

depending on the goods in a set, a quantity doesn't need to be decided until a certain point. paper items like books, boxes, and prints are the easiest to make and take the shortest turnaround time. cloth material takes more time, and figures can take a super long time (which is why you almost never see them for a niche company). i'm guessing the initial goal was reached and surpassed, but a number had to be called due to the cloth poster.

the same happened to the natural doctrine limited edition. i think they only had those bags made way in advance and there was no way to increase the amount after a certain time or else they would have.

makes perfect sense, I wanted a figure of Arnice so badly ;)

Squalor

Atelier Escha & Logy was really good! And I hear Atelier Sophie is a big step up also. Looking forward to this.
I played Escha & Logy after hearing how it was finally a step forward for the series.

The combat was actually engaging. Everything else was a slog. The writing was poor. The gameplay outside of the combat wasn't interesting. And I just can't take that moe art style. It's awful.

SarusGray

I played Escha & Logy after hearing how it was finally a step forward for the series.

The combat was actually engaging. Everything else was a slog. The writing was poor. The gameplay outside of the combat wasn't interesting. And I just can't take that moe art style. It's awful.

Series probably not for you ;/, I love their art style!

Pejo

Gold Member
This was a bit pricey for me, but I'll definitely be picking up the standard edition of the game. I really need to stop getting extra clutter from video game special editions.

That said, the game looks great, and I'm excited to try it out.

Squalor

Series probably not for you ;/, I love their art style!
As if I couldn't tell that from your avatar, haha.

As I said, I want to like their games, but I always wind up disappointed. I would love modern RPGs. At the same time, I want the game to look modern, too.

SarusGray

As I said, I want to like their games, but I always wind up disappointed. I would love modern RPGs. At the same time, I want the game to look modern, too.

;D
its a really different type of rpg. I wonder if they'll take that route, they did this new IP maybe they'll do another?

SephLuis

I think Gust games are excellent, but they clearly have budget constraints in them.
They also have a lot of anime influence, either in the art style or in more than a few scenes (usually optional, instead of something in the main storyline), so if you can`t deal with that, these games won`t win you over.

If you ever get a Gust game, forget about top graphics. They try to compensate this with art style. The only thing that it`s top tier in almost all of their games in the OST. Story is usually great too (for me at least).

AyanFaust

Banned
Ooh, looks good, and Gust usually has a pretty decent track record, but it's hard for me to justify a $100 for the limited edition of a game that I'm not invested in. Game looks pretty awesome though. I'll have to check it out come March. Anyone know of a good video/comparison to make for the gameplay?

Eusis

I don't buy LE games anymore but this is good news. Not that these kinds of games matter anyway.....or are even games.
Uh... what? Is this some new level of elitism? Even if it is full of pandering bullshit it's clearly an ACTION RPG, one of those kinds that's most inarguably a game.

Squalor

I think Gust games are excellent, but they clearly have budget constraints in them.
They also have a lot of anime influence, either in the art style or in more than a few scenes (usually optional, instead of something in the main storyline), so if you can`t deal with that, these games won`t win you over.

If you ever get a Gust game, forget about top graphics. They try to compensate this with art style. The only thing that it`s top tier in almost all of their games in the OST. Story is usually great too (for me at least).
Yes, the stereotypical anime tropes are exactly why I avoid them.

There are plenty of anime that don't employ that, which are great. Gust games are just not that. They have their audience, but that style is too vapid for me.

Dio

Banned
I don't buy LE games anymore but this is good news. Not that these kinds of games matter anyway.....or are even games.

What on earth? This is an Ys-esque action RPG with Toshinori Hiramatsu having a guest appearance for one song (he currently does guitar work for Falcom) and the typical awesome Gust soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8WcV7AqBEA

BeneficialRelievedGhostshrimp.gif

Yes, the stereotypical anime tropes are exactly why I avoid them.

There are plenty of anime that don't employ that, which are great. Gust games are just not that. They have their audience, but that style is too vapid for me.

I'm not a fan of most of the titles from this studio either but I'm getting this based on the comparisons to Curse of Darkness.

It's cool if you don't like the art style and such. Not every game has to appeal to everyone.

SarusGray

I'm not a fan of most of the titles from this studio either but I'm getting this based on the comparisons to Curse of Darkness.

It's cool if you don't like the art style and such. Not every game has to appeal to everyone.

the setting really interests me. Why can't march come sooner!

Femto.

The combat I hear is actually really good with some complaints being the difficulty of it. (Being too easy at some parts) but can be remedied if you change the difficulty.

As for the story I've been trying to avoid dem spoilers

You're right, my mistake in the recalling of the impressions I read. If anything I'll pick it up down the line but I still have yet to play Drakengard 3 which I got the LE for.

Sigh.

zulux21

Reserve your copy or regret it for the rest of yourrrr lifeeee!

I can't see a reason to spend $100 for:
&#8226; Nights of Azure for PS4&#8482;
&#8226; Full color, 40 page hardcover art book
&#8226; 36-Track original soundtrack with jewel case
&#8226; 5 Mini art prints (5"x7")
&#8226; Collector's box (Includes all the above)

when I can $50 instead for it (or wait for a sale to get it even cheaper but haven't decided there as I have way to many games on my backlog already @_@)

if the cloth poster wasn't an ecchi cash grab I might have been interested in the collectors edition, but while I like a lot of the other art I see that poster is just horrid :/
I mean
any of those would have been a million times better.

I am quite interested in trying this one though as it looks fun.

NISA Euope have said to keep an eye out, so it should be announced soon. Will cost a lot no doubt.
That's a deal breaker..
I don't mind spending 80 euros for nis collector..
More than that? Hell no.. And don't even get me started on their shipping price policy

SarusGray

I can't see a reason to spend $100 for:
&#8226; Nights of Azure for PS4&#8482;
&#8226; Full color, 40 page hardcover art book
&#8226; 36-Track original soundtrack with jewel case
&#8226; 5 Mini art prints (5"x7")
&#8226; Collector's box (Includes all the above)

when I can $50 instead for it (or wait for a sale to get it even cheaper but haven't decided there as I have way to many games on my backlog already @_@)

if the cloth poster wasn't an ecchi cash grab I might have been interested in the collectors edition, but while I like a lot of the other art I see that poster is just horrid :/
I mean

any of those would have been a million times better.

I am quite interested in trying this one though as it looks fun.

I know, I'm not interested in that stuff and will probably put it up for sale on ebay lol but I must have that sound track and art book.

Probably the weakest Atelier game next to Shallie, but it was good sure.

I'm going by the amazon reviews and this ;o http://www.jrpgreview.com/atelier-sophie.html
Which sounds just like want finally in an atelier.

zulux21

I know, I'm not interested in that stuff and will probably put it up for sale on ebay lol but I must have that sound track and art book.

I can get that. the soundtrack is slightly tempting, but for $100 (with the rest of the stuff) the art book is a bit lacking, should have been closer to 100 pages instead of 40.

Shizuka

It's selling out faster than any limited edition I've seen at the NIS Store. Really glad its doing this well. Especially at that price point lol.

I think Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc and Natural Doctrine still hold the record. Natural Doctrine sold out in a week, no restock.

Mrmask

Yay! Glad to have my order in as well.

How is there pre-order process? Do they charge right away and deposit it back or don't charge until closer to release?

Top Bottom