• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS Wii : First Screen from a Portuguese magazine

temjin

Banned
I cannot believe this is coming guys. I've been waiting a long, long time and thought it would never come, but here we are and now it's coming. I honestly haven't been this excited for a game in a long time, it's awesome feeling like this again.

I don't see the problem with the visuals, initially, I wanted it to be multi-platform so we could get a X360/PS3 version with a more fully graphical realised world. However, after seeing the first batch of screenshots my mind feels at ease, not because the visuals are technically impressive, but because the art and NiGHTS feeling seems spot on, and that there is more than enough for me.

So far, so good. All I need right now is:

-Fluid, responsive controls
-Original music that matches the original
-2.5d on rails gaming

The idea of online play seems pretty interesting, especially online co-op or whatever. An online 'trick' battle would be interesting too, or racing, or just something.

Anyway, I am more than happy that this is just happening.

I'm getting this mother****er regardless. I really don't think Sonic Team USA could **** up 2.5D flight gameplay that badly. Stranger things have happened though.

I think it'll look damn good once they add some lighting. That's the only big reason the shots are crappy from a technical standpoint.

Farmboy

Didn't see this posted anywhere -- but it's over a week old and I'm sure someone must have linked it here, so I'm hesistant to start a new thread: here's an interesting (if pessismistic) point of view on the new NiGHTS, courtesy of someone well-acquainted with the developers (and he's been hands-on with the earlier 360 (!) build).

Click!

StevieP

Banned
later said:
It's been posted, though I missed the fact that a build for 360/PS3 was in the works first.

Yep, it's one of those games that devs like EA and Sega were parroting as "a big shift of resources toward the Wii" early this year when the install base and mindshare popularity of the Wii continued to grow exponentially. It started its life conceptually as a PS3/360 project and it will end as a Wii project. Which is a good thing, mind you, provided Sonic Team doesn't dick it up. The Wii remote was practically made for a next gen Nights!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Farmboy said:
Didn't see this posted anywhere -- but it's over a week old and I'm sure someone must have linked it here, so I'm hesistant to start a new thread: here's an interesting (if pessismistic) point of view on the new NiGHTS, courtesy of someone well-acquainted with the developers (and he's been hands-on with the earlier 360 (!) build).

Click!
You didn't look well enough, it's been posted several times.

Top Bottom