• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS Wii : First Screen from a Portuguese magazine

Fady K said:
No offense to this jimbo guy, but what a silly thing to say. Every system out there has exclusives. Every. System. Even Ngage had exclusive games for crying out loud.

Dude jimbo, when Fady K is calling you silly, well...that's got to be a moment of clarity right there.

ziran

I'm not sure how I feel about this. A sequel on Wii could be awesome, the potential's certainly there.

Overall, I'm cautious while trying to be optimistic, in the same way I would be if NST was developing a new Pikmin game.

Furoba

Two wishes (Sonic & NiGHTS) granted, several more to go:

Shenmue 3
Panzer Dragoon
Skies of Arcadia 2
Daytona USA

Make it happen Sega!

Just wonder if they see Wii as a platform for mature audiences as well... Guess if Wii really doesn't slow down, we'll see an even more varied line-up.

hyonoid

april´s fool ?

why this don´t appear in watch impress or a famous mag ?

for me this is "little catch of mallandro".

200pxmalandro1wv6.jpg

Avrum

jimbo said:
Wow, I normally get excited about hardcore games that are being revived....but this is pretty boring. Maybe when we get better pictures it will be more impressive but right now I have to wonder why Sega's messing around with this instead of Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 and Daytona USA.

I'll call it right now......bomba.

iliaohsve7.png

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
for all the hype going into this announcement, there was an equal ammount of backlash in the end.

well, lets wait for a video and control details.

Sweedishrodeo said:
for all the hype going into this announcement, there was an equal ammount of backlash in the end.

well, lets wait for a video and control details.

That's because people once again instead of caring about the game only care about it in so far as it fits their stupid system agenda.

Smiles and Cries said:
hmmm you did not want to believe the rumours at first and now its here thats the only reply we get from you sp0rsk? :)

Yeah, I thought sp0rsk would be a little more receptive. But, that's OK. SEGATA SANSHIRO and I will hold down the fort until the videos hit
to see if we have to jump ship

I really do want video, though. Put together an awesome trailer, Sega. Blow the pants off the doubters.

I hope Sega shows a trailer in early April when they're supposed to be officially announcing the game. I really want to hear what some of the music sounds like.

ethelred

Segata Sanshiro said:
That's because people once again instead of caring about the game only care about it in so far as it fits their stupid system agenda.

Though, to be fair... I have to say in the trolls' defense that at least a good 75% of the pro-NiGHTS 2 posts were also people who cared about the game only to the extent that it fit their stupid system agenda.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Smiles and Cries said:
hmmm you did not want to believe the rumours at first and now its here thats the only reply we get from you sp0rsk? :)

I just moved so I don't have the internet at home. I'm at a net cafe so I'm super multitasking, no time to shit my pants!

ethelred

sp0rsk said:
I just moved so I don't have the internet at home. I'm at a net cafe so I'm super multitasking, no time to shit my pants!

Also, setting aside time constraints, that would probably create an awkward public spectacle.

colinp

Banned
Attack You said:
Yeah, I thought sp0rsk would be a little more receptive. But, that's OK. SEGATA SANSHIRO and I will hold down the fort until the videos hit
to see if we have to jump ship

I wanna join the NDF! We'll be like the Voltron lions!

ethelred said:
Though, to be fair... I have to say in the trolls' defense that at least a good 75% of the pro-NiGHTS 2 posts were also people who cared about the game only to the extent that it fit their stupid system agenda.

This is the truth. SEGATA KNOWS IF YOU LOVE NIGHTS FOR NIGHTS OR IF YOU JUST LOVE IT BECAUSE IT IS WII.

SEGATA KNOWS.

SEGATA HAS YOUR CAT.

colinp said:

Lord love a duck, do not group me in with that bunch! I defend only logic, and Sega, and the Sega I defend is the one from 2001 and back, that only occasionally shows its face now. I'll start defending Nintendo when they GIVE ME MY GODDAM REBATE FOR THE TWO VIRTUAL BOY GAMES I BOUGHT. I followed all your damn rules, Nintendo! Even cut out the original UPCs! WHERE MAH MONEY

Luna104

I'm really looking forward to this.

However, the sad thing about this is that the original has reached kind of a legendary status among gamers, and therefore this sequel, no matter how awesome it turns out, will never be able to match the original. It's not gonna be pretty.

Luna104 said:
I'm really looking forward to this.

However, the sad thing about this is that the original has reached kind of a legendary status among gamers, and therefore this sequel, no matter how awesome it turns out, will never be able to match the original. It's not gonna be pretty.

Ah that is very true, Segata Sanshiro will be the first one to troll this game after release.
He will start a major thread dogging it. :lol

Segata Sanshiro said:
This is the truth. SEGATA KNOWS IF YOU LOVE NIGHTS FOR NIGHTS OR IF YOU JUST LOVE IT BECAUSE IT IS WII.

SEGATA KNOWS.

SEGATA HAS YOUR CAT.

Lord love a duck, do not group me in with that bunch! I defend only logic, and Sega, and the Sega I defend is the one from 2001 and back, that only occasionally shows its face now. I'll start defending Nintendo when they GIVE ME MY GODDAM REBATE FOR THE TWO VIRTUAL BOY GAMES I BOUGHT. I followed all your damn rules, Nintendo! Even cut out the original UPCs! WHERE MAH MONEY
I think he meant NiGHTs Defense Force

Hm, clearly you do not know my tolerance for the things I love. I still play Sonic Pinball Party almost everyday just because it's KINDA like NiGHTS.

Oh, the NiGHTS defence force? Yeah, let's do it up. NiGHTS does not owe me $5, unlike certain hardware companies WHERE MAH MONEY

colinp said:

Sorry, man. No love for the NDF from me. This is strictly my own NiGHTS fanaticism, coincidentally crossing paths with THE HEART OF SEGA.

Edit: Oh, wait... NiGHTS Defense Force. That makes sense, huh.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Hm, clearly you do not know my tolerance for the things I love. I still play Sonic Pinball Party almost everyday just because it's KINDA like NiGHTS.

Oh, the NiGHTS defence force? Yeah, let's do it up. NiGHTS does not owe me $5, unlike certain hardware companies WHERE MAH MONEY

AH HA! YOU ADMIT YOUR BLIND LOVE FOR NiGHTS!

so even if it sucks you will defend it!

Smiles and Cries said:
AH HA! YOU ADMIT YOUR BLIND LOVE FOR NiGHTS!

so even if it sucks you will defend it!

No, even if it sucks I will BUY it and probably enjoy it. I'll defend it to an extent, but at the same time...well, I love Breakdown, but I told a lot of people to not buy it, because I knew it wasn't for everyone.

For me personally, yes, my love of NiGHTS is absolutely blind.

It's the meaning in my life, it's the inspiraaaaaaaaaaaaaaation

colinp

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
This is an okay and correct feeling!

I can totally see a song in EBA 2 based around Segata's dream of a NiGHTS sequel coming true with the help of the agents.

Buy_Cheap_Elite_Beat_Agents_2.jpg

And I still think Pointer Sisters 'I'm So Excited' would be a perfect fit.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I think this the type of game that looks way better in motion than screenshots, because you cant really tell much in those pics. the art style is pretty cool tho.

colinp said:
I can totally see a song in EBA 2 based around Segata's dream of a NiGHTS sequel coming true with the help of the agents.

And I still think Pointer Sisters 'I'm So Excited' would be a perfect fit.

Everyone needs to S-rank this mission!

SonSon2 said:
SEGATA SANSHIRO, on behalf of GAF for your superhuman feats of strength in this thread, I present:

SEGATA.gif

THE OFFICIAL SEGATA SANSHIRO MARK OF OVERWHELMING AND FIERCE CONDUCT BADGE OF HONOR

I just saw this now. I do not know what to say. I'd like to thank Sega, and Sonic, and Ristar, and NiGHTS, and Iramajiri-san, as well as my mother. Oh, and Joe Musashi. We learned so much together. I'd also like to thank the academy for this honour.

jimbo said:
Wow, I normally get excited about hardcore games that are being revived....but this is pretty boring. Maybe when we get better pictures it will be more impressive but right now I have to wonder why Sega's messing around with this instead of Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 and Daytona USA.

I'll call it right now......bomba.
cmpunkslapsshannonmooreqh8.gif

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
The more I read his posts, the more I'm convinced that drohne has never even touched a Wii.

Has he ever even toouched his own?

The haters don't get it. Waggle is legit and if done right more than makes up for grapiz(which are actually pretty good) or pizics or some other shit. Hardcores are supposed to be the beacons of the unknowns and niche games yet they are some of the most closeminded people around here! Jesus Christ stuffing his anus with a pogo stick.

For those who think it looks like a Dreamcast game, this might be why:

Demand for a sequel to NiGHTS Into Dreams has been strong for many years. A game with the working title "Air NiGHTS" was intended to use a tilt sensor in the Saturn analog pad, and development later moved to the Sega Dreamcast for a time, but eventually the project was discontinued.[5] Aside from a handheld electronic game released by Tiger Electronics[6] and small minigames featured in several Sega titles, no full NiGHTS sequel was released. Yuji Naka expressed his reluctance to develop a sequel,[5] but also noted that he was interested in using NiGHTS as a licence "to reinforce Sega's identity".[7]

In March 2007, Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) featured a teaser image which suggested that a new NiGHTS game would be featured in its next issue,[8] and Swedish publication Game Reactor will feature the game on the cover of its 10 April issue.[9] Portuguese magazine Maxi Consolas published a feature on the game,[10][11][12] for which no name has yet been announced. It will be a Wii exclusive, making use of a motion sensing controller, as was initially planned for Air NiGHTS. Characters Claris Sinclair and Elliot Edwards will return. It will feature a multiplayer mode for two players in addition to unannounced online functions. Takashi Iizuka, one of the designers of the original game, is the director of the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NiGHTS_into_Dreams...

Top Bottom