• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 |OT| Ninja Dog Revengeance

Robot Pants

Hayashi isn't at the helm for DOA5 so you don't have much to worry about.

....or is he?!

Hayashi is the #1 reason why NG3 will be awful.
The dude just does NOT get Ninja Gaiden.

AAK

Hayashi isn't at the helm for DOA5 so you don't have much to worry about.

....or is he?!

Hayashi is the #1 reason why NG3 will be awful.
The dude just does NOT get Ninja Gaiden.

He was the Project Lead for Ninja Gaiden Black.

Just saying.

Mrbob

This is disappointing. I love the Ninja Gaiden reboot, so I'll still buy this but Hayashi has entered ninja dog mode. :/

Kusagari

Black was still Itagaki's baby, even if Hayashi was lead.

We saw how great he is unfiltered, even with Itagaki there, with Sigma making the original and Black worse.

Kunai

He was the Project Lead for Ninja Gaiden Black.

Just saying.

But the directors were Hiroaki Matsui, Itagaki and Katsunori Ehara, with NG3 (and the Sigmas) Hayashi made very clear that he didn't share the same vision and concept of what makes a Ninja Gaiden game.

AAK

I'm not debating that NG3 isn't different all together from the previous iterations. I'm just refuting your claim about how Hayashi not "getting" Ninja Gaiden.

As for NG3, It was always clear from the original reveal that it was going to be different from previous iterations and all of it were intentional. He wanted to do something different for the sequel, that was it. Take the good with the bad. I know it sucks that the depth of the game is dumbed down, but I know there will still be a lot to enjoy from the game just by watching the gameplay videos released thus far and might as well enjoy the added spectacle to the formula instead of being so constantly negative.

benzy

What does that change? Hayashi was still responsible for the core game design.

Was he? Most of what made Black were Itagaki's ideas. Hayashi was probably there to carry out Itagaki's wishes and probably didn't have much of a say in what gets in or what is left out.

1UP: What sort of new gameplay elements are in Ninja Gaiden Black?

TI:
I have been saying this from the beginning, that I would ultimately complete Ninja Gaiden by completely rewriting its main game mode. I wanted to completely rebuild the game, including all of the new camera work, new weapons, and new monsters that were created for the Hurricane Packs. It is like a systematic reorganization and tidying up of the game. At first I thought that my choices were to do that via a Hurricane Pack 3, or to do it as an add-on disc. Eventually, I settled on this way. It is the simplest and most practical solution.
http://www.1up.com/features/ninja-gaiden-black

Then, Hayashi had full control and freedom with Sigma without Itagaki having anything to do with it, and he decided to fuck up the perfect balance in Black along with the introduction of shitty playable Rachel missions.

Without Itagaki being apart of Black we probably would have had those Rachel missions in Black too.

1UP: Many people are probably wondering if Rachel be playable in Ninja Gaiden Black.

TI: As I have said on many occasions since I was working on the original game, I have no intention of making the female characters playable in Ninja Gaiden. That goes for Black as well. Capcom often practices that style of game design, though, so I understand why people might expect it.

Weapons as DLC. Wow.

ninja-gaiden-hurricane-pack-volume-i-20040720033513121.jpg

Still, rather have this be in the game already

benzy

ninja-gaiden-hurricane-pack-volume-i-20040720033513121.jpg

Still, rather have this be in the game already

They came up with the lunar staff after Ninja Gaiden was finished though.

With NG3 on the other hand, they already have all of the move sets and game data on the weapons. I think it's obvious they're just feeling the heat from NG fans on their design choices. Still, free is good.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Details from GameSpot below.

what else can I say except WOW. What made them think the formula was broken in the first place?

QTE’s can be turned off in the options menu, but are frequent throughout the game, from a slow- motion knee slide to slicing through enemies to using the Kunai climb.

I can't turn them off in my code. I can disable the on-screen prompts but I still need to do those, albeit "blindly".

MCD

You know, I give up.

I bought that shoddy port job, NGS Vita so this shouldn't be a big deal. I'm game.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.

Why do developers do this? Why punish gamers that don't have their consoles connected to the internet?

Anyways, seeing all the details about this makes me sort of sad. I loved the first two games in the series and even though I was never good enough to beat it on the higher difficulties, the challenge was part of the NG experience for me. Also, the dual swords were my go to weapon in NG2.

Meh, never really cared for what "true" NG fans wanted in this. I just want to sit back and have a good time slashing things up. Never got the NGB love. Just because something is hard, doesn't make it "good". Now, granted that's probably not the primary reason for loving the game so much, but that's what it seems like.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'm still looking forward to this game, being a big fan of the NG series. I am concerned about the graphics, although. For those who have actually played, are they up to par with NG2 or Sigma 2? From the looks of a lot of the videos online, it seems they're a bit plain when compared to the last title.

Skilletor

Meh, never really cared for what "true" NG fans wanted in this. I just want to sit back and have a good time slashing things up. Never got the NGB love. Just because something is hard, doesn't make it "good". Now, granted that's probably not the primary reason for loving the game so much, but that's what it seems like.

It's loved because it's got one of the best battle systems in an action game ever. The difficulty is fine tuned for replay value for every difficulty level. It never feels unfair because you always have the tools to overcome.

That's why people love it. It's kind of like Demon/Dark Souls. The game beats you up, but it's almost always fair. Some people like a challenge, others don't.

It's totally not because the game plays great, nawwww.

Victrix

*beard*
One weapon. One weapon? ONE WEAPON?

What the fuck.

I had no hopes for this game, and they still somehow managed to undersurpass them.

Apeopleman

Watch this be the best in the series, watch.

Multiplayer looks tacked on, but looks like a solid great action game.

I liked NG2 and sigma 2 more than ng sigma, come at me

JoeFenix

Watch this be the best in the series, watch.

Multiplayer looks tacked on, but looks like a solid great action game.

I liked NG2 and sigma 2 more than ng sigma, come at me

Well aren't you edgy and cool, seriously though there is NO WAY in hell this is going to be the best game in the series. What a fucking joke of a post!

What is this drivel? People don't like the previous titles because they are hard. There are plenty garbage hard games out there that nobody likes. Please inform yourself before speaking such nonsense.

As for the free weapon dlc, it would go a long way to redeem the game somewhat if the dlc is in the campaign as it would removed the SOB nonsense. That said, it might highlight even more why this game is so much of a step Down.

Endo Punk

My heart... it's broken. Looks like all my hopes ly with MGR now.

Hiyashi get it together man! my only hope is that this game serves as lesson and applied to make NG4 a return to form.

glaurung

I like what I see in the new launch trailer. It is a stupid launch trailer, but the content feels solid.

Plus there are still some massive demon beasts in there.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Can these dlc weapons be use in the campaign? or just in the multiplayer modes ?

And Famitsu gives NG3 9/9/9/9 (the highest score in the series ?)

Probably just in multiplayer. I can't see how they could put different weapons in Ryu's hands during video cut-scenes and QTE's clearly designed with the katana in mind.

danmaku

Probably just in multiplayer. I can't see how they could put different weapons in Ryu's hands during video cut-scenes and QTE's clearly designed with the katana in mind.

They could just show the katana in cutscenes and not give a damn about the weapon you're actually using in the game. It's NG, after all.

Aside from that, *sigh* it looks bad as I expected. Not awfully bad, just another generic action game, maybe better that the average GoW ripoff but still far from NG2. Will wait for bargain bin price.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's loved because it's got one of the best battle systems in an action game ever. The difficulty is fine tuned for replay value for every difficulty level. It never feels unfair because you always have the tools to overcome.

That's why people love it. It's kind of like Demon/Dark Souls. The game beats you up, but it's almost always fair. Some people like a challenge, others don't.
Yep. People liked NG because you constantly had to be on your toes. The grunts were competent enough to kill you dead, which kept the tension high and forced you to master the mechanics. Dropping the difficulty removes the tension and rewards sloppy play. It leaves a lot of depth on the table because you never have to learn anything to make progress.

Nice opening post, AAK, but some of your section heading translations look like they came straight out of a ENG-JPN dictionary. Fixing these will make your opening post look more authentic:

Gameplay should be ゲームプレイ
Characters would be more typically something 登場人物
Media should be 動画
Reviews should be レビュー

UrbanRats

Is the Stockholm syndrome already going on?

"Fuck they've removed all the weapons!"
"Oh, but we're giving you
some of
them as free DLC!"
"Free? You guys are great!"

How many days it will take?

Skilletor

Is the Stockholm syndrome already going on?

"Fuck they've removed all the weapons!"
"Oh, but we're giving you
some of
them as free DLC!"
"Free? You guys are great!"

How many days it will take?

Are we reading a different thread? lol

DLC weapons are stupid. I'm just glad I get the claws (hopefully in the campaign).

danmaku

Are we reading a different thread? lol

DLC weapons are stupid. I'm just glad I get the claws (hopefully in the campaign).

Sucks that we won't get the tonfas. And the Kusari-gama. It was a terrible weapon, but so cool to use against human enemies.

Top Bottom