• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Delay-Age (Metroid Other M and S&P 2 Delayed)

Kayhan

EmCeeGramr said:
Yeah but that's your natural station in life. We're supposed to be treated better, it's cosmic law.
That is pretty rich from a nation whose men are too fat to fight.

Oxx

Clearly the US date for S&P2 has been pushed-back so that Nintendo can satisfy Europe's appetite for the title. They can't fulfill all the pre-orders...

gfdoom

i welcome this delay! i got's to much 'ish on my gaming plate as it is now. And more games are on the way. hell delay them all! :lol

MechaX

Hey, if they're using this time to work even more on Metroid, more power to them. Alternatively, if they're just pushing Metroid to fit the holiday title status when it's more or less completely done, Nintendo can burn for it.

And at least Sin and Punishment 2 has a release date and is not being sent entirely to an early grave.

It was too good to be true.

Too. Fucking. Good.

Mario and then Metroid a month later? Yeah right. Whatever. We should have seen the danger signs a long time ago.

Vanille

Other M is probably just getting pushed to August. It never really made much sense to release it just a month after Galaxy 2. And, fingers crossed, hopefully they plan to do something about the abysmal voice acting.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Someone post that young son of the bitch Reggie pissing himself. It's the only way to make up for this. That heathen!

317csbr.jpg

AniHawk

Thank Christ. 3D Dot Game Heroes, S&P2, Metroid, and SMG2 hitting within two months of each other was too much to handle.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hopefully Other M is still a summer release and their fall/winter plans are still strong. I want to play Xenoblade!

I guess we'll find out what's happening at E3 now. :(

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
JJConrad said:
bestbuy.com is showing a 6/27 release date for S&P2 and 8/15 for MOM

If that is true then I am all for this. I'll actually have a chance to play S&P2 when it comes out!

Just don't mess with my Zelda Christmas Nintendo!

:D

Minamu

Eh, there's so much else for me to play on my Wii so it's no bi... FFUUUUUU!

Gimme my Metroid or I'll cancel my SMG2 preorder.

*knocks over a stand at Gamestop*

Edit: Wait, is this worldwide?

Rafaelcsa

Even though they're the two of the biggest titles I'm anticipating this year, I'm not too fussed about this delay. I'll have Galaxy 2, Monster Hunter Tri and my giant backlog to hold me over. And I intend to get a PS3 sometime this year, so heh. Maybe it's for the best, if it means Metroid gets an extra layer of polish.

AniHawk

The 1st of September is a Wednesday and the 15th of August is a Sunday. Usually when you see a ??/01/20?? or ??/15/20??, it's a placeholder date.

farnham

Banned
Minamu said:
Eh, there's so much else for me to play on my Wii so it's no bi... FFUUUUUU!

Gimme my Metroid or I'll cancel my SMG2 preorder.

*knocks over a stand at Gamestop*

Edit: Wait, is this worldwide?
metroid other M was always Q3 in europe

WillyFive

-MB- said:
This is Nintendo, they ALWAYS delay big titles. I'm 100% positive Zelda wii won't make 2010.

Probably.

Zelda Wii being delayed was probably the reason Nintendo pushed back Metroid and S&P2 to space out the calendar.

lordoftherink said:
I don't see anything about Wii Music 2 in the OP!

You wish.

Hasn't been announced yet. Other than Last Story and Xenoblade, we don't know what Nintendo will release in the last part of the year.

-MB- said:
This is Nintendo, they ALWAYS delay big titles. I'm 100% positive Zelda wii won't make 2010.

Thats not true. The few times they have the games have been months away from release anyway and no solid dates. This is a rare case where they dated a game and actually delayed it.

Let's try to think positively...

It probably only means that Metroid has been pushed to July. It would make it Q3 and Nintendo hasn't announced their release schedule for Q3 yet.

So, it's delayed at Funcoland. Good thing there aren't any of those around where I live!

(*Never* trust retail store release dates they are NEVER correct. Until Nintendo announces it, it didn't happen)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
AniHawk said:
The 1st of September is a Wednesday and the 15th of August is a Sunday. Usually when you see a ??/01/20?? or ??/15/20??, it's a placeholder date.

What about June 27th on a Sunday?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
AniHawk said:

It's not uncommon for Nintendo to release stuff on Sundays.

Top Bottom