• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Delay-Age (Metroid Other M and S&P 2 Delayed)

Please don't delay S&P2 in Europe :(

Although, this might mean Europe gets a closer release date for Other M to the US rather than the three months we were going to get :lol

Ever thought about the possibility that Metroid has been pushed back due to quality reasons or more precisely due to controling issues?

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
-MB- said:
This is Nintendo, they ALWAYS delay big titles. I'm 100% positive Zelda wii won't make 2010.

It was never making 2010, Iwata just made that statement because he felt the need to reassure investors in some way before the 3DS information was public. Check his E3 2005 Smash Bros. announcement story.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hey I'm all for this. Now I can pick up Red Dead Redemption in early June instead of S&P, then get S&P with Deathsmiles at the end of the month. That frees me up for Mario Galaxy 2, Lost Planet 2, and Alan Wake at the end of May.

:(

2010 is brutal.

It could simply be just a fiscal/money decision people.

They have Mario in Q2 and decided to push Metroid into Q3.

Zelda could still easily be their holiday Q4 title......UNLESS 2ND CHRISTMAS STRIKES AGAIN

Metroid OM will be a September release for sure now. Zelda probably wont make it for 2010 as well (big surprise)

TBH, I thought it was too good to be true when I saw that Metroid OM date.

I do work for a game retail location, Play N Trade, and this was in an email from corporate. Generally speaking, these emails have never been incorrect, but usually they are based on old news. This sort of email also allowed me to post the new DSi colors last fall, as well as release dates for other games. PNT Corporate normally doesn't pull release dates out of their ass, they just give them to us AFTER everyone else knows them.

Frencherman said:
Ever thought about the possibility that Metroid has been pushed back due to quality reasons or more precisely due to controling issues?
You mean that they just realized it was controlled with a D-pad after several years of development?

No, I have never thought about that. Thanks for enlightening me to crazy.

sfw6mc.jpg

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
DarthButcher said:
I do work for a game retail location, Play N Trade, and this was in an email from corporate. Generally speaking, these emails have never been incorrect, but usually they are based on old news. This sort of email also allowed me to post the new DSi colors last fall, as well as release dates for other games. PNT Corporate normally doesn't pull release dates out of their ass, they just give them to us AFTER everyone else knows them.
Don't fret it. We're overly cynical and suspicious. As of now, at least Best Buy is supporting your claim.

[Nintex]

Wouldn't be the first time that a Sakamoto game is delayed.
I don't think Zelda will be pushed back, after all it's a different team.

Nintendo gives you a beer,
*cheers*
Nintendo starts pissing in it, sure it's still beer but you're pissed all the same.

ZeoVGM

Banned
wRATH2x said:
Nintendo are not going to release Zelda this holiday, this is almost certain now.

Confused as to how that's almost certain now. How does S&P2 being delayed like 3 weeks and Other M being delayed most likely by 2 months mean Zelda isn't coming out this holiday?

andymcc

Banned
omg rite said:
Confused as to how that's almost certain now. How does S&P2 being delayed like 3 weeks and Other M being delayed most likely by 2 months mean Zelda isn't coming out this holiday?

because it's nintendo's sole duty to ruin and/or steal christmas.

LiK

omg rite said:

it's their master plan.

[Nintex]

This reminds me, if S&P2 is pushed back in Europe too, it would've taken Nintendo more than 6 months to release a new Wii game worth a damn.

farnham

Banned
[Nintex] said:
This reminds me, if S&P2 is pushed back in Europe too, it would've taken Nintendo more than 6 months to release a new Wii game worth a damn.
it is..? i thought it was comming may 7th.. nintendo europe says it too

lyre

I'm willing to send Megaman Collection back to purgatory if that means Metroid: Other M gets a release date again. In fact, I'd much prefer to have that trade done.

[Nintex]

farnham said:
it is..? i thought it was comming may 7th..
I don't know I'm trying to find out but NoE fired on all marketing cylinders this week (Newsletter, website, trailers) so I doubt it.

wRATH2x

Banned
omg rite said:
Most of us here were talking about how Nintendo haven't delayed a game in a while and how their new strategy is different from the Nintendo of old.

This shows that they still do delay their games, and a seemingly ready game like Metroid being delayed indefinitely is most likely for filling a gap, and Zelda is the most likely to be delayed to 2011.

I wish we get it this year, I really fucking do, but I'm not so sure anymore.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
wRATH2x said:
Yep, and a "TBD" from Nintendo is extremely worrying.
Not really. The official release date is unknown. We don't know what Nintendo actually told retailers, the "TBD" could be their interpretation of it. Walmart and Best Buy are saying mid-August and early-September.

It's very unlikely that Metroid will cover for Zelda as a holiday title. It doesn't have the selling power. They'd be better off whipping up a Wii Music 2 that using Metroid. They're more likely to delay Galaxy 2 to cover for Zelda than Metroid. (now I've jinxed us all)

farnham

Banned
is this information legit at all..? or just a claim that the OP got an official email from nintendo

wRATH2x said:
Most of us here were talking about how Nintendo haven't delayed a game in a while and how their new strategy is different from the Nintendo of old.

This shows that they still do delay their games, and a seemingly ready game like Metroid being delayed indefinitely is most likely for filling a gap, and Zelda is the most likely to be delayed to 2011.

I wish we get it this year, I really fucking do, but I'm not so sure anymore.
zelda wasnt even announced to be released in 2010... so there can be no delay to 2011

Metroid being delayed does not mean that Zelda was delayed. They are being made by different teams.

I have a feeling that the issue is with Metroid, rather than Zelda. Metroid either has had a teatable upended or the team is struggling to reach the deadline. At any rate, since a firm date was given (however unrealistic it may have been), the delay won't be for that long, since the team felt must have felt that they were on track.

The only thing that really worries me is the "TBD" release date. It's possible that Nintendo don't want to give any hints at all as to their Q3/Q4 release schedule, but the TBD makes me think it's possible for Metroid to even be pushed into Q4, which is worrying.

In the end, it's a wash. I still believe Zelda Wii will hit 2010.

Foov

But Nintendo was doing so good these last few years! Nothing was being delayed like back in the n64 era. What happen Nintendo? And DO NOT TOUCH GALAXY 2!

Rich!

KnuckaWut said:
damn TBD, that sounds like a fatal glitch was found in Other M :lol

They discovered that sequence breaking isn't as impossible as they would like it to be, hence the delay. Obviously.

Pachinko

It'll just get bumped 3 or 4 months into the holiday season. Nintendo knows they don't need a hardcore game every month, so mario has them covered until at least September.

Top Bottom