• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.9.13 - Sep. 13, 3AM EDT

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
hype-train GAF, inbox me a PM "IF" SSB Wii U is revealed later on tonight as part of their software reveal. As I stated before, Im not gonna be able to ride the hype train that late due to work.
:/

Javier

So, who is our translator?
dwCqt.png

So what's the content of the this 3am stream and what's the content of the stream that'll be concurrent with the US and Euro ones?

Wii U Launch Presentation, 4PM: Announcement of release date, price, and information about the system itself.

Nintendo Direct Wii U Preview, 11PM: Information relating to 1st and 3rd Party software. Lined up with the European & American (and Australian!) ND/Conferences.

Wii U Launch Presentation, 4PM: Announcement of release date, price, and information about the system itself.

Nintendo Direct Wii U Preview, 11PM: Information relating to 1st and 3rd Party software. Lined up with the European & American (and Australian!) ND/Conferences.

Thanks.

No.

That's what the North American event tomorrow morning is for.

Is it wrong of me to hope they aren't working on Starfox? I know the franchise has it's fans, but with a resource like Retro, I'm hoping they are working on a bigger franchise or a new IP all together

jerd

Is it wrong of me to hope they aren't working on Starfox? I know the franchise has it's fans, but with a resource like Retro, I'm hoping they are working on a bigger franchise or a new IP all together

I would LOVE to see Retro create an awesome new IP that still has a Nintendo feel. Something that can be turned into a full fledged franchise.

I would hope it isn't Starfox because Retro isn't experienced with that type of action. But I never thought I'd care about a DKC game, so I'm down for whatever.

TDLink

Staying up til midnight for this thing. Praying new Star Fox!! :D

You are going to be disappointed if you are staying up for this first Japanese Direct hoping for game announcements. This one, as far as I can tell, will be hardware, OS, and price/date focused. The software will come at the simultaneous events tomorrow.

I would LOVE to see Retro create an awesome new IP that still has a Nintendo feel. Something that can be turned into a full fledged franchise.

If it's a new IP from them, I could see this happening.

I don't expect an Uncharted or Halo or Gears from them, I expect something that looks very good but is even more interesting than it appears.

You should have just gone with it and seen what happened when everyone starts asking a 50 year old woman to translate a Japanese video game presentation.

I've e-mailed her several times asking to relinquish the inactive username (she now uses a different account), to no response.

hatchx

Banned
So wait, at 3AM bombs will drop?

I probably missed the speculation, but what are we thinking? Will they wait until the 11AM (the three way announcement) for certain things? What do they plan to announce in a couple of hours?

I can only imagine it'll be Japanese support, and not much else.

Pittree

I am the only one who is more excited about the console OS? I mean, I am already sold on several games...Nintendoland, Pikmin, Zombi U, NSMBU, even FIFA looks nice. I get now how I am going to interact with the games trough the controller but that Miiverse stuff seems like it could be the next big thing. When the 3DS was announced Street Pass didn't catch that much of my attention and now is my favorite feature, this time I am hyped just to know more about those online interactions.

I am the only one who is more excited about the console OS? I mean, I am already sold on several games...Nintendoland, Pikmin, Zombi U, NSMBU, even FIFA looks nice. I get now how I am going to interact with the games trough the controller but that Miiverse stuff seems like it could be the next big thing. When the 3DS was announced Street Pass didn't catch that much of my attention and now is my favorite feature, this time I am hyped just to know more about those online interactions.

yeah I get hyped for new OSes more than a lot of things. Especially coming from a company that has as little experience in the arena as Nintendo. Who knows what crazy shit they're gonna come up with.

Mariolee

You are going to be disappointed if you are staying up for this first Japanese Direct hoping for game announcements. This one, as far as I can tell, will be hardware, OS, and price/date focused. The software will come at the simultaneous events tomorrow.

Ah, I see. I think I'll stay up anyway then. :)

AzaK

Not the only one. While I would love a Megaton like a GTA V announcement or Retro's new game trailer shown, I am REALLY keen to see how the OS works. Looks, online, miiverse, friends lists, friend "codes" etc.

Yeah, I wanna know more about that Miiverse thing... it's definitely very Nintendo
Yes, very Nintendo looking. Nintendo are behind the times when it comes to online stuff but they have an interesting way of viewing the world so I'm hoping they've really managed to hit the "empathy" target they were aiming for. Basically make a healthy online social infrastructure for a console.

Top Bottom